Too few achievment points in Long Live the Lich ?

Soo, i havent had a chance to play through the new episode fully (only completed first instance), however, i noticed something concerning on gw2efficiency.On gw2efficiency, it is written that the new story episode has 36 achievments, which grant of total 67 achievment points together. Is this true ? Cause if so, then this is currently the episode (from season 3 and 4) which gives the lowest amount of achievment points. Even half of season2 episodes gives more ap than this one, and those were insanely short (plus they were all from litteraly story, not from maps and collections, those had their own categories(drytop, silverwastes) which than add up to quite alot more ap).To me, as an achievment hunter, this is honestly a bit concerning and demotivating. There are waaaaay too many achievments which give 0 points for no reason (this is the case for all episodes since season 3 though), and most achievments give yet again, waaaay too little points (only 1-3??, not a single even with 5??).EDIT: gw2efficiency updated, its now 74 points. Seems like there are possibly more \o/EDIT2: Seems like i was too quick to judge.

@Stalkingwolf.6035 said:when i see the los achievment point numbers i dont get it how player can have 30k AP

Because during LW Season 1 small updates came every other week, with achievements giving a lot more AP per achievement than the ones from HoT onward gives. Also, prior to restructuring, you could get more than the current 10AP/day from Dailies/Monthlies.

At the moment 62 Achivements / 107AP

Lets compare to some other releases

• 11 Achivements / 105AP - The Dragon’s Reach 2
  • 32 Achivements / 142AP - Rising Flames

What the actual .... is going on?!With this release we got even less then 2AP per Achivement, its beyond stupid. This is outrageous and together that this release is both one month delayed and buggy as hell...well why even bother playing at all.

@WhatLiesBeneath.9018 said:At the moment 62 Achivements / 107AP

• 11 Achivements / 105AP
  • 32 Achivements / 142AP

What the actual .... is going on?!With this release we got even less then 2AP per Achivement, its beyond stupid. This is outrageous and together that this release is both one month delayed and buggy as hell...well why even bother playing at all.

Because everyone plays based on the amount of AP they’d earn

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

• 11 Achivements / 105AP
  • 32 Achivements / 142AP

Why are you on this thread if you dont care?

@WhatLiesBeneath.9018 said:

• 11 Achivements / 105AP
  • 32 Achivements / 142AP

Sorry but not everywhere is an echo chamber and people tend to to have different opinions on various things including the subject matter of this thread.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

• 11 Achivements / 105AP
  • 32 Achivements / 142AP

Sorry but not everywhere is an echo chamber and people tend to to have different opinions on various things including the subject matter of this thread.

Well then let me have my opinion and dont say its not ok...cause AP hunting is a big part of my gameplay.

@WhatLiesBeneath.9018 said:

• 11 Achivements / 105AP
  • 32 Achivements / 142AP

Well then let me have my opinion and dont say its not ok...cause AP hunting is a big part of my gameplay.

• 11 Achivements / 105AP
  • 32 Achivements / 142AP

But why does the number gained from each matter? The number of points achievements provide have no bearing on someone chasing all of them. Whether they’re 1 AP or 100 AP, an AP hunter is going to chase them all. Well, so long as they’re not zero AP.

AP hunting is at least somewhat competitive. If you're an AP hunter who didn't start playing the game at release, you will move up the leaderboard very slowly because the value of new AP is so low compared to what has been given out in the past, not to mention the thousands of AP that are no longer available.

Those just starting out wouldn’t be competitive as they’re missing over 4K possible AP. Being able to obtain more AP per achievement isn’t going to address that gap. All it would serve would be to enable getting the rewards quicker. That rate of progression is entirely up to Anet and recent trends already suggest where their stance lies.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Those just starting out wouldn’t be competitive as they’re missing over 4K possible AP. Being able to obtain more AP per achievement isn’t going to address that gap. All it > would serve would be to enable getting the rewards quicker.Your statement could only be true if all players on the leaderboard were active AP hunters, but that's not the case. There are many players on the leaderboard who are inactive or play more casually than they used to, which means newer players could leapfrog those older players. The fact that newly added AP requires more time and effort than AP that was available in the first two years of the game is a hindrance to this.

That rate of progression is entirely up to Anet and recent trends already suggest where their stance lies.That's not even an argument, but it is an incredibly profound statement. It's almost as profound as declaring to the world that the sky is blue.

• 11 Achivements / 105AP - The Dragon’s Reach 2
  • 32 Achivements / 142AP - Rising Flames

The number is bloated because it is separated into so many smaller achievements. Besides that, what's your issue here?

What does the delay have to do with the AP? You even posted two for comparison and this one is clearly within a reasonable margin. Do you really expect to get AP thrown at you for minor steps leading up to the main achievements? You and many other people here have been spoiled by getting AP for kneeling or saluting at a statue at the right time and so on. The only awful thing about this is how awfult he UI is for tracking achievements. Unlocking several collections at the same time means having to guess where the hell they would even show up

@Shostie.6435 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Those just starting out wouldn’t be competitive as they’re missing over 4K possible AP. Being able to obtain more AP per achievement isn’t going to address that gap. All it > would serve would be to enable getting the rewards quicker.Your statement could only be true if all players on the leaderboard were active AP hunters, but that's not the case. There are many players on the leaderboard who are inactive or play more casually than they used to, which means newer players could leapfrog those older players. The fact that newly added AP requires more time and effort than AP that was available in the first two years of the game is a hindrance to this.

Can you tell who is and isn’t active? Just because some people may not be active, doesn’t me that others aren’t. So yes, new players cannot be competitive again veteran players who have gotten AP from now unavailable sources.

You should also consider that players high up have already gotten achievements so they only play casually. They may come back only when new content is available. New players would never catch up to them in this case.

That rate of progression is entirely up to Anet and recent trends already suggest where their stance lies.That's not even an argument, but it is an incredibly profound statement. It's almost as profound as declaring to the world that the sky is blue.

It was to bring up the point that while you may dislike how things are, there’s likely an intent to it.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Can you tell who is and isn’t active? Just because some people may not be active, doesn’t me that others aren’t. So yes, new players cannot be competitive again veteran players who have gotten AP from now unavailable sources.It's really not that difficult to determine if any particular player on the list is active. Also, the spread between # 1 and # 1000 on the leaderboard is greater than the total of unavailable AP, making your statement mathematically false. It may be difficult for a new player to get on the AP leaderboard, but difficult != impossible. It is possible for a new player to get on the AP leaderboard because so few players have anywhere close to 100% of available AP.

You should also consider that players high up have already gotten achievements so they only play casually. They may come back only when new content is available. New > players would never catch up to them in this case./facepalm

It was to bring up the point that while you may dislike how things are, there’s likely an intent to it.I have no horse in this race. I responded because you made a poor argument and the quality of your argument has not improved.

@Shostie.6435 said:

Can you tell who is and isn’t active? Just because some people may not be active, doesn’t me that others aren’t. So yes, new players cannot be competitive again veteran players who have gotten AP from now unavailable sources.It's really not that difficult to determine if any particular player on the list is active. Also, the spread between # 1 and # 1000 on the leaderboard is greater than the total of unavailable AP, making your statement mathematically false. It may be difficult for a new player to get on the AP leaderboard, but difficult != impossible. It is possible for a new player to get on the AP leaderboard because so few players have anywhere close to 100% of available AP.

It is as AP gains are fewer to nonexistent between content updates. There’s really no way to tell if someone is active by just looking at their AP alone.

My statement isn’t mathematically false as I said nothing about the leaderboard. I said competitive with veteran players who have gotten AP from unavailable sources.

You should also consider that players high up have already gotten achievements so they only play casually. They may come back only when new content is available. New > players would never catch up to them in this case./facepalm

Nothing wrong with what I said. Players that have already acquired every achievement can still be playing casually and earn any new AP that becomes available.

It was to bring up the point that while you may dislike how things are, there’s likely an intent to it.I have no horse in this race. I responded because you made a poor argument and the quality of your argument has not improved.

Just because you disagree with it doesn’t mean that it’s poor.

Archived