New player trying to follow snowcrow builds

Hi,I just have a few questions as I'm very confused.Yesterday I went to PvP and go to indestructible golem and made the exact build that snow uses for fire brand, yet on the very beginning he was long 45 stacks of Burj and I couldn't get more than 27.Now I don't know if the tests that snow does on the videos are in pve or PvP and that was the difference? I really did exactly same beginning rotation....2 Another thing are snow builds the ones the the highest DPS?3 I used the lvl 80 ticket but for.some reason I lost a shoe of my gear, it's an incomplete set now and it's not the best aswell.for my class, how can I get a new set or where do I farm it?

@Yeldo.4576 said:Hi,I just have a few questions as I'm very confused.Yesterday I went to PvP and go to indestructible golem and made the exact build that snow uses for fire brand, yet on the very beginning he was long 45 stacks of Burj and I couldn't get more than 27.Now I don't know if the tests that snow does on the videos are in pve or PvP and that was the difference? I really did exactly same beginning rotation....

Snow crows provide raid builds and do their testing on a golem in Raid Training area. There’s a lot of skills which are split balance, you can look up skills on the Wiki and if there is a split for a specific skill, the page will have a redirect link.

2 Another thing are snow builds the ones the the highest DPS?

Some of yes. There’s a few other sites that have effective builds for each game mode.

3 I used the lvl 80 ticket but for.some reason I lost a shoe of my gear, it's an incomplete set now and it's not the best aswell.for my class, how can I get a new set or where do I farm it?

I whole heartedly still believe no new player should use a level 80 booster until they have levelled one character “the natural way” first. This would have meant you would be acquainted with how the UI works, and how the gameplay works. Ergo, less likely to make mistakes with simple matters.You can buy gear from the Trading Post and various other sources depending on stats you want, or you can craft.

1. They don't use the PvP golem, try the golem in the raid lobby instead - here you can choose what buffs/debuffs are active while not being limited by PvP stats (alot of skills that apply burning are split between PvE and PvP). This is where Snowcrows set their benchmarks.
  2. Yes, they are the highest possible dps for each class with every possible buff/debuff active. Atleast the highest we can achieve at the moment. Not reflective of a real fighting scenario mind you, as these are under perfect conditions.
  3. When using a booster you get either gear with Soldier stats (Power, vitality, toughness) if heavy/light armor, or Valkyrie (Power, Vitality, Ferocity) if medium armor. You can get the boots with those stats for a few silver on the trading post, just add those stats in that order into your search parameters, check the box for "exotic" and set level 80-80, then click on price column to see the cheapest.

Remember that by using snowcrows build you are now jumping into endgame content squishy as can be, and alot of your questions are of a very basic nature. I would advise you to park your level 80 toon for now and make another on the same profession that you level to 80 the traditional way, as this gives you tons of valuable advice and allows you to learn how the game works, how to fight, and how your profession plays.

Others have said most things already, but few personal additions:

You find Raid training hall from Lion's Arch, Lion's Arch Aerodome, and there in one corner (east side IIRC) is access point to "Special Forces Training Area". You need a squad to enter, so when going alone, just click that grouping icon at upper left side, and choose "Create Squad"

@Yeldo.4576 said:2 Another thing are snow builds the ones the the highest DPS?

Snowcrows DPS builds are aimed to provide highest possible DPS in raid conditions (10 people team, PvE side, raid instances and their mobs). For other purposes, there are other builds, so you choose your build depending what you are doing. E.g. (1) Snowcrows DPS build if assigned as raid DPS, (2) fractal DPS build if going to DPS in fractals, (3) suitable PvP build if PvP'ing, (4) WvW roaming build if running alone / small party in WvW, (5) WvW zerg build if going to WvW large groups, (6) open world PvE build for open world, (7) and so on. Luckily, many of these builds share lots of common elements, that is, they are not entirely different nor separate. HTH.

Archived