Regular Steal?

Paulie.6215

So if I'm specced into deadeye I lose my original steal teleport, even when I'm not holding the rifle?

Ya played DE last night for a few hours and realized it's garbage.

Losing your normal steal teleportCast time on DE MARKBuilding up maliceKneeling requirement

Garbage. Vanilla thief is still better and more deadly.

Well, the point of DE is to stay at range, so using the regular steal teleport kind of defeats the point of staying at range. For Malice marking, it is spam-able which is why it has a cast unlike regular steal which has a cd. A trade-off had to be made, and having a cast time was it.

Malice build up could use some work, but it is made for the big sniper burst along with kneeling. Kneeling is the trade off for not having the range damage stink. It could be much worse.

It sounds like to me you either had your head buried in the sand on the concept of DE because all these were well known facts for a couple months leading up to the release, or you are just trolling with your post...

Yes. That's the entire point of deadeye. Having a thief spec that can use steal without teleporting in to melee range and has a 1500 range weapon. That's literally the point of the spec. It is a long range thief spec. You can make it do a few other things, but it is much more focused in its design than daredevil on specifically synergising with its weapon rather than being useful across the board. You'll note it also has literally nothing to offer condition builds. Because it's a spec entirely about doing 1500 range burst damage from stealth.

If you don't want to do burst damage at range from stealth, or you want to keep the steal mechanic, this is not a spec you're supposed to be picking for those builds. A ranged spec is going to be worse on average in melee builds by design.

Archived