Request for changes in regards to skin items, gem shop skins

1. Request that non-gem-shop skin items be able to be 'stored' in the wardrobe. While the skins themselves are unlocked, discarding the item itself feels like a waste of what would otherwise be a transmute-charge-free application.
  2. Request that gem-shop skins be free to apply account-wide, permanently. We already paid gems to unlock them, they should not continue to cost transmute charges to use.

I know this isn't a new request. This is a reminder that many of the playerbase want it.

@"LoreChief.8391" said:

1. Request that non-gem-shop skin items be able to be 'stored' in the wardrobe. While the skins themselves are unlocked, discarding the item itself feels like a waste of what would otherwise be a transmute-charge-free application.

"Store in wardrobe" means "Unlock in the wardrobe and destroy the skin object". It does not give you one charge of free application in return for destroying the skin object.

As I and many others have noted in other threads requesting this change, 'Store in wardrobe' should do exactly what it implies it will do - actually store the free application 'charge' of that skin item on that skin item in the wardrobe instead of simply destroying the free application skin item.

Gem store skins are automatically unlocked in the wardrobe upon acquisition anyway so no need to use the free application skin item in order to unlock it. This seems to lead to many storing the free application skin items on alts for use in the future. As the skin is unlocked in the wardrobe, this can lead to applying the skin to a character and using a charge due to forgetting to check if they still have a free application of the skin on an alt.

'Store in wardrobe' as it has always functioned is pointless as it does not store its application charge for that skin item in the wardrobe - it simply destroys it. If I wanted to destroy it I would choose the 'Destroy Item' option.

It is misleading and illogical for 'Store in wardrobe' to just be another way of destroying the item instead of actually storing the charge for that skin in the wardrobe.

They've ignored this oft-requested correction to gem store skin items for years, disappointingly.

(I imagine it could be as simple as copying the behavior of the single-use Finisher items over onto the skin items/wardrobe panel as they function exactly how 'Store in wardrobe' should function with adding a charge/use counter to that finisher/skin.)

Archived