Weaver and obvious incoming nerfs

lunaeclipse.6843

There was a bug with traits that give attribute bonuses working over buffs and effects.This was causing the FB 80k burst and probably is increasing the dmg of staff weaver.

I hope they don't nerf the traits and instead nerf the actual cullprit: staff coeficients.

Sword still need some more dmg and speed on their attacks, nerfing weaver traits will make sword extremely bad.

Assuming there were no bugs involved that inflated the numbers, the only things making Power Staff Weaver hit high numbers are multi-strike AOEs that cause big damage to big hitboxes and little damage to anything else. About 43% of the observed damage is attributable solely to those attacks, including Meteor Swarm (Staff), Firestorm (Conjure Fiery Greatsword), Lightning Storm (Glyph of Storms), and Ice Storm (Conjure Frost Bow).

If there will be a nerf, and honestly I'm not sure there will be given how high some of the other DPS sets are trending, it should be to the multi-strike AOEs. Given that the Power Staff Weaver requires dedicated boon, condi, and healing support; offers no support of its own; and loses a ton of damage against normal hitboxes, these should be minor tweaks at best.

@lLobo.7960 said:There was a bug with traits that give attribute bonuses working over buffs and effects.This was causing the FB 80k burst and probably is increasing the dmg of staff weaver.

I hope they don't nerf the traits and instead nerf the actual cullprit: staff coeficients.

Sword still need some more dmg and speed on their attacks, nerfing weaver traits will make sword extremely bad.

Agreed.

I can't help but be a little cynical and expect the traits to get nerfed aggressively, but I hope not. Staff is the issue, and sword really needs help. Sword is a worse condition weapon than dagger and a worse power weapon than anything else, and I don't think Grieving hybrid stats are going to somehow magically transform it. ArenaNet needs to pick something for sword to be good at.

@Agent Noun.7350 said:

@lLobo.7960 said:There was a bug with traits that give attribute bonuses working over buffs and effects.This was causing the FB 80k burst and probably is increasing the dmg of staff weaver.

Agreed.

I can't help but be a little cynical and expect the traits to get nerfed aggressively, but I hope not. Staff is the issue, and sword really needs help. Sword is a worse condition weapon than dagger and a worse power weapon than anything else, and I don't think Grieving hybrid stats are going to somehow magically transform it. ArenaNet needs to pick something for sword to be good at.

I really hope they set staff to be the aoe power weapon, the dagger to be the power or condi weapon (lower power coef on fire, higher on air, high burn application) and the sword to be *the hybrid weapon due to weaver hybrid style, giving sword decent power coefficients and decent condi applications without overtaking dagger on more focused (power or condi) scenarios.It seems its trying to aim that way, but still haven't found that sweet spot.

Could you clarify what this bug entailed, or link to a thread that does?

I see them gutting all 3 DPS traits in Weaver basically with a little blurb about how Weaver was meant to be more of a tanky melee option and not a DPS spec which will enrage everyone. Sword will end up remaining unchanged because they think it's in a good spot.

Ya know, basically we'll get Karl'd.

It completely took away the fluidity of the rotation when they nerfed the cooldowns last time. I fear the same old story is going to happen again. Makes you feel like nerfs are decided upon by those who do not even play the class themselves. All it takes is a video of someone pulling off numbers the majority of elementalists will never be able to do and people start to complain until they can do equal numbers with any build. Not taking into account that there are other game modes and that the elementalist numbers are so much harder to pull off in an actual raid encounter.

However, we can not deny the obvious powercreep here. Not that weaver is the only culprit. Still, they should look into staff Dual Attack skills as well as reduce the trait numbers a little while simultaniously buffing sword damage. This would at least not nerf the base staff skills any further for base elementalists as well as tempests while also making sword weaver more effective. I do not want to see the cooldowns nerfed again or anything that would make the rotation more simple. Elementalists should have their place in PvE as the resident top AoE and big target DPS if you play well.

Yeah, let's nerf the only way you can play ele on power because this game doesn't have enough condi builds.

@Ertrak.9506 said:So I'm going to just go ahead and say it. When the nerfs come in can we not have cool downs nerfed?

I really like the rotations as they are because it feels very fluid, the scaling/ modifiers just need to come down...

There is a bug with traits that give attribute bonuses working over buffs and effects.

No need of any nerfs, just bug fixes. The dps will drop little but will be higher than 37k dps temp staff

@bOTEB.1573 said:

@Ertrak.9506 said:So I'm going to just go ahead and say it. When the nerfs come in can we not have cool downs nerfed?

I really like the rotations as they are because it feels very fluid, the scaling/ modifiers just need to come down...

There is a bug with traits that give attribute bonuses working over buffs and effects.

No need of any nerfs, just bug fixes. The dps will drop little but will be higher than 37k dps temp staff

While true, this may then be the argument for players to use Tempest over Weaver. If the damage difference is relatively small then using the "easier" Tempest rotation might be better as you would have more damage than if they were to use the "complex" Weaver rotation.

There needs to be a reason to take one over the other, and at this moment the only thing it looks like Weaver brings is damage so it needs to be a lot higher than Tempest post changes.

Archived