Mistlock Singularities will now recharge all skills on cooldown: Impractical to be used...

Mistlock Singularities will now recharge all skills on cooldown. Useful (no /gg anymore) but there is one major problem with that:

Now some cannot be taken anymore, because you are still in battle.

Some spots cannot get you out of battle anymore due to whatever reason there is. Not sure why it occured to me at two spots.

For Instance in the Fractal 80: Solid Ocean before the endboss. I just couldn't take it although I had no condi on me and nothing attacked me. (Maybe it was the condi which makes you slow down... not sure.)Also in 89 Swampland. There is that little guy (some fly or dragonfly) that attacks you beforehand (which is invulnerable). Bad if there is also some poison instability spawning from that littly fly. You don't have the chance anymore to get that Singularity unless you really /gg but what is the purpose of the cooldown removal of the Singularities when you have to gg anyways to get it?

So to me it seems impractical to use at some spots in the fractals. Before you could just take it.

An idea would be to make it kinda like the adrenaline mushroom (one time use only). So you can still take it while still being in battle.

Agreed, in most scenarios where you are the one or two in the party to get caught in combat before a boss fight, and you aren't able to pick up the mistlock singularity, like in Nightmare CM, where your party can engage the bosses, and you are forced on combat and have no other choice, then to enter the fight without it.Or do the /gg command and force your party to reset the boss, witch in the first place was the reason for the mistlock singularity update to eliminate.Is there a reason it can't be like in raids with the Adrenal Mushrooms that can be used while in combat ?

If this a permanent solution, can't we have a fractal mastery that allow us to collect it while in combat ? I feel like a burden to a party when people are skipping monsters to cut off time spend inside a fractal, and you are dying due to not being able to use the mistlock singularity... And with the community this game have with some players being semi-hard/hardcore, don't hold back to kick players from party due to simple mistakes, or dying frequently.

Please take this to consideration, make the mistlock singularity available during combat mode, remove them from boss rooms if that is the issue or make it a mastery

@Whiskertickles.5319 said:For Instance in the Fractal 80: Solid Ocean before the endboss. I just couldn't take it although I had no condi on me and nothing attacked me. (Maybe it was the condi which makes you slow down... not sure.)

After the last big jump to the bossroom you get hit by agony which puts you in combat for a few seconds, you should be able to take the singularity after 5 seconds or so. Were you still unable to get it for longer tehn that?

@Whiskertickles.5319 said:Also in 89 Swampland. There is that little guy (some fly or dragonfly) that attacks you beforehand (which is invulnerable). Bad if there is also some poison instability spawning from that littly fly. You don't have the chance anymore to get that Singularity unless you really /gg but what is the purpose of the cooldown removal of the Singularities when you have to gg anyways to get it?

The fly can be made vulnerable and killed by pulling him into the little green circle where you pick up the ball to start the fight (as long as noone picked up the ball)

Ofcourse these are not proper solutions and it would be better to put the singularities outside the boss rooms so they can be picked up without issue or even that they are automaticly applied when you enter a boss room much like the agony is applied at some places

@Topalai.4789 said:

@Whiskertickles.5319 said:For Instance in the Fractal 80: Solid Ocean before the endboss. I just couldn't take it although I had no condi on me and nothing attacked me. (Maybe it was the condi which makes you slow down... not sure.)

After the last big jump to the bossroom you get hit by agony which puts you in combat for a few seconds, you should be able to take the singularity after 5 seconds or so. Were you still unable to get it for longer tehn that?

They now placed the singularity before you make your big jump to the tentacle boss. But still I hit enemies before, to get further away from them with my staff (chrono).I removed every clone and stood right before the singularity unable to get it after 1 min still. Everyone else did the jump to the boss already.

@Whiskertickles.5319 said:Also in 89 Swampland. There is that little guy (some fly or dragonfly) that attacks you beforehand (which is invulnerable). Bad if there is also some poison instability spawning from that littly fly. You don't have the chance anymore to get that Singularity unless you really /gg but what is the purpose of the cooldown removal of the Singularities when you have to gg anyways to get it?

The fly can be made vulnerable and killed by pulling him into the little green circle where you pick up the ball to start the fight (as long as noone picked up the ball)

Ofcourse these are not proper solutions and it would be better to put the singularities outside the boss rooms so they can be picked up without issue or even that they are automaticly applied when you enter a boss room much like the agony is applied at some places

Yeah. but before the fight starts I want to take it to be able to CC the boss instantly by staying with the party.And yes agony applied at some places makes it harder for you to pick up so placing it outside would be a help. (I think they already did that)

That feature is still new. I wonder what others experienced.

@Whiskertickles.5319 said:Mistlock Singularities will now recharge all skills on cooldown. Useful (no /gg anymore) but there is one major problem with that:

Now some cannot be taken anymore, because you are still in battle.

Some spots cannot get you out of battle anymore due to whatever reason there is. Not sure why it occured to me at two spots.

For Instance in the Fractal 80: Solid Ocean before the endboss. I just couldn't take it although I had no condi on me and nothing attacked me. (Maybe it was the condi which makes you slow down... not sure.)Also in 89 Swampland. There is that little guy (some fly or dragonfly) that attacks you beforehand (which is invulnerable). Bad if there is also some poison instability spawning from that littly fly. You don't have the chance anymore to get that Singularity unless you really /gg but what is the purpose of the cooldown removal of the Singularities when you have to gg anyways to get it?

So to me it seems impractical to use at some spots in the fractals. Before you could just take it.

An idea would be to make it kinda like the adrenaline mushroom (one time use only). So you can still take it while still being in battle.

Nailed it on the swampland. On the solid ocean the mobs hit you on your way before the jump so you are put in combat. This also happens in volcanic where if you hit the grawl a few seconds before the lava ball spawns, you will be placed in combat and have to wait for it to go down a bit to get the singularity. Same for the preboss in volcanic where a bat might hit you.

The changes were generally good as well as placing them away from the fights but that's the most intriguing part. You already placed them a bit farther so why the need to be unusable while in combat. It's not like you can get them again anyway since the places are mostly blocked off or from a cliff/gap.

@"zombyturtle.5980" said:The singularities in snowblind are still in their original places and I had trouble picking them up due to the cold debuff putting you in combat, as well as the aoe from the shards during the last boss fight hitting you before you enter the room.

The first singularity has a small area around it denoted by a white circle. While standing inside the circle, you will lose Hypothermia stacks, as if you were next to a bonfire. You just need to wait a few seconds if you had the debuff.

For the final room, the turrets won't attack unless somebody walks too close to the entrance, i.e. just stay back until people are ready.

Overall, I see only a few examples of problems, compared to the sheer increase in Singularities placed across all the Fractals. Most of these problems also stem from people skipping content. In other words, saying the new Singularities are "impractical" is simply an exaggeration.

Archived