If you make a kill collection make it a champion one next time

eh to be fair the whole collection has been annoying the beetle was most infuriating but boy so much waiting , even the anomaly was a sad event to see, some guys killed the coalesecnes while other group camped and nuked the anomaly the other group couldnt even wp on time :L

so i guess the problem is players being impatient , still annoying

well see ya'll later ima go watch paint dry some more

welp while this qas a qq rant , I ll leave some constructive feedback

this beetle collection wasnt hard it was simply frustrating because it was all about waiting and timing , the bad kind of timing : hoping you made it on time to stuff before players killed it

im liking the idea of solo able collections , so i guess if we'll do veteran events drop their respawning timers to 5-6 minutes

i agreed with op.took me 6 hours to finish the collection, and around 5 hours i was afk wait for world boss or event.at alpha beetle spawn spot, it was around 40~50 players camping and waiting, and that poor beetle lived for 2 sec with auto attacks.world boss Mk2 died in 3min, that ley line anomaly died under 1min.if u find this collection boring and waste of time, u should try to get HOPE, lots of rare event (missed one, failed one, u will have to wait for 2 hours) and full of bugs (who came up with idea that u have to use an item before killing? and what if u died someone else killed it? well, u will have to wait for 2 hours and kill that bastard again).all im trying to say is: anet is like sir robin's minstrels, u know they are annoying, but u got listen and get things done.

For the most part, the collections are pretty good. A little bit of all sorts of stuff and... no items to store or move around to different toons, which is a big plus.

A couple of awkward bits: two foes that take a while to spawn, in one of two locations, and have low health that doesn't scale up properly. And a couple of events that don't spawn often.

But, compared to the Griffon, this was cake.

I really dont see a problem with that .

if they would use champs ,it would cause problems for peoples , who do the collection later, since some champions arent easy to do alone + the community is kinda selffish and less helpfully , since f2p i would kinda say. I dont know i might be mistaken , but the community felt nicer before raids and f2p.

And yes of course it's crowded at day 1 , day 2 , day 3 , but later it will be less peoples to do it,because those events arent needed for anything else.( well some of them atleast)

So .... NO.It's nicely done in way , even thought it's a bit like aids , but thats something anet have to learn and maybe change it for later. Atleast it didnt had daily crafting or Provisioner tokens so a thumps up for that :^)

when you have an event and people can't even participate when they are there (because spider died too fast for example) is bad design and you can't argue againts it (don't even try pls). also saying to wait later when map is empty is basically a confirmation that it is badly designed lol.

Make it a hero challenge. Scales with participants, is available 24/7 on demand, is soloable.

I don't know why they keep doing this "wait for it" collections - everyone hates that and there is already a hero challenge system in the game that could replace it and do the job much better.

@elrin.4750 said:when you have an event and people can't even participate when they are there (because spider died too fast for example) is bad design and you can't argue againts it (don't even try pls). also saying to wait later when map is empty is basically a confirmation that it is badly designed lol.

It’s not bad design. Events with a single veteran mob were not intended to have 40+ players doing them at the same time. Even a champion would be burned down quickly. This is only an issue now because pretty much everyone is doing it at the same time. Things will resolve as time goes on.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@elrin.4750 said:when you have an event and people can't even participate when they are there (because spider died too fast for example) is bad design and you can't argue againts it (don't even try pls). also saying to wait later when map is empty is basically a confirmation that it is badly designed lol.

It’s not bad design. Events with a single veteran mob were not intended to have 40+ players doing them at the same time. Even a champion would be burned down quickly. This is only an issue now because pretty much everyone is doing it at the same time. Things will resolve as time goes on.

But shouldn't they have known that a lot of people would be doing that event and then make the event properly scale to the amount of people there?

i love it when player kill the mobs with there mounts. hey they are standing 20 other players around.then some enemies take a eternity to respawn. the worms in Desolation for example. Or they are bugged and you can not attack them ... like to worms in Desolation. or they are unreachable cough like the worms in ... Desolation.

Two words: Vinetooth Prime

Just saying, as far as collections go, there are worse directions to go (I know I know, it's a legendary collection - my point stands)

@"Shiren.9532" said:Make it a hero challenge. Scales with participants, is available 24/7 on demand, is soloable.

I don't know why they keep doing this "wait for it" collections - everyone hates that and there is already a hero challenge system in the game that could replace it and do the job much better.

Great point.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Two words: Vinetooth Prime

Just saying, as far as collections go, there are worse directions to go (I know I know, it's a legendary collection - my point stands)

@"Shiren.9532" said:Make it a hero challenge. Scales with participants, is available 24/7 on demand, is soloable.

Great point.

this is a great idea and example

timegating is the only way for them to create illusion of relevance for this content

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

timegating is the only way for them to create illusion of relevance for this content

Luckily there’s no time-gating with unlocking the mount.

Archived