[RESOLVED] Dial up the respawn and drop rate for Junundu

As it says the respawn and drop rates are brutal. It isn't like a WB or an event completion. You are literally wasting time standing on rocks; hoping you get a hit on it before the other 50 ppl

UPDATE:As of June 29, 2018 patch:Bug Fixes:

• Changed both the Naturalist's Crest and Defender's Mark items to be granted upon completion of either of the events involving the defense or regrowth of Kourna's thorn wall.
  • Updated the “Kill the alpha beetle” event to be a champion group event.
  • Some events within the Domain of Kourna that were not providing experience or rewards have been updated to do so.
  • Increased the drop rate of steam power couplings from steam creatures, junundu ichors from junundu wurms, and frigid wurm goo from cave wurms to 100%. *

YEAH!! Thank you Anet!

Probably the worst part of the whole collection.

If it wasn't frustrating enough just finding one that was in range, I also had to deal with the occasional invulnerable wurm that just stood there and did nothing, as well as a couple I couldn't hit at all due to poor positioning under a ledge.

Must've taken me around 25 minutes to get that drop.

lol wth. the toxic spider queen and or the alpha beetle takes longer than this. i found and killed less than 10 wurms until i got the item. theyre just scattered around the crevices in the desert. use your skimmer. theres a lot of kiteable/killable wurms out there. dayum ppl just like to complain.

As a frequent desolation explorer, it was nice to know the many different places that they spawn ahead of time and avoid the one on the Dulfy guide. There are many places where they are well within 600 unit range and they'll tunnel over to melee you once aggroed. The POI Junundu Hatchery was completely empty of players and I think I got it on the third wurm and took less than a minute. There are at least half a dozen other places to fund a wurm or five. If you rely on a guide to simplify the collection, you need to be willing to deal with the downsides of incomplete information and a hundred other people following the exact same route.

Dulfy is very helpful but sometimes her suggestions are a bit ... wacky. I just checked the suggested location and that is a very strange choice.

The hatchery thehipone.6812 mentioned is much better. It's also where I went for the soulbeast collection item. The other thing is that the vet junundu will summon two more junudu so there are actually 3x as many as what it looks like. Not sure if all junudu do that but the ones at the hatchery does.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the comments. The day I did this, I went to every nook and cranny, even Vabbi and it must have just been a busy day. The ones down in the Sand Jackal run area weren't dropping (we were there for 30 mins), the ones in the Scoureway were slow to respawn, only 3 wurms appearing and there were boatloads of ppl there, Vabbi was packed and my understanding is they only spawn in certain events there. I even snuck into a corner with an elite wurm guarding a Lost Chest!

After 2 hours, I finally got mine in the Poisoned Outcrops Shadow Arcade POI. Either way, my point was more the drop rate. I am ok with the work, but 2 hours of nothing was just agonizing and not a good use of game time. Yes, I did think about coming back another time, but I hate the Desolation and just wanted it done.

Cheers,

Archived