Domain of Kourna - Access Key

Can someone please tell me how to get an access key during the Meta event in Kourna? It seems awful that ppl participate and can't get to the loot room consistently so I am wondering how getting a key works. I got one yesterday (Wed) no problem but haven't got one today (Thurs).
Cheers

I've had the access pass both times I've killed that golem champ and asuran, but both times I could not use the pass to access the small room of chests, along with about half the rest of the raid being stuck outside also, a Mesmer was able to portal us inside though, but still this cannot be working as intended.

@Vavume.8065 said:I've had the access pass both times I've killed that golem champ and asuran, but both times I could not use the pass to access the small room of chests, along with about half the rest of the raid being stuck outside also, a Mesmer was able to portal us inside though, but still this cannot be working as intended.

Yea that was what has been happening to me as well. I read Dulfy before asking if anyone else was having a problem or if I was missing something. Just frustrating to ask ppl to port especially when none of the Mesmers get a pass key. :-) I understand gating it to so many loots a day etc it just seems odd when I hit the golem it says to and I am not getting a key.

@Zushada.6108 said:Yeah I know I did that and didn't get the key it is why I am asking if I am missing something. Thanks for the reply

In that case, it's possible you might not be doing enough damage to get credit towards earning the key, or the scaling for giving the key for the fight might be off. As long as you are killing the champ and getting credit, you should be getting the key.

@Kreejaffa.3682 said:

@Zushada.6108 said:Yeah I know I did that and didn't get the key it is why I am asking if I am missing something. Thanks for the reply

In that case, it's possible you might not be doing enough damage to get credit towards earning the key, or the scaling for giving the key for the fight might be off. As long as you are killing the champ and getting credit, you should be getting the key.

I am heal spec Druid and did wonder if my mad Heals DPS was enough LOL. But I would figure between me and the pet I would be enough. I did get it once just not the other times. I know Dulfy says the Golem is 10% or so health so am on it like a cheap suit. Guess I will have to keep trying.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Zushada.6108 said:Can someone please tell me how to get an access key during the Meta event in Kourna?

You receive it automatically in your inventory. The mean design part here is that the teleporter entrance is quite a distance away from the actual building and room containing the chests.

Yeah I have received it once like I mentioned and used it no problem. I just haven't since but was wondering what ppl are missing. I think it is the golem that spawns with 10% health. with 50 ppl there if not more, you can't even see it.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Zushada.6108 said:I think it is the golem that spawns with 10% health. with 50 ppl there if not more, you can't even see it.

That would be a not well thought through design then, because meta events tend to be done in squads. If that is indeed the issue, ANet will need to address it.

Yeah I agree. if you read on Dulfy, there is a golem that spawns with 10% health and that is actually what gives the Access pass. So I must not be hitting it enough to get it. Thanks for the replies.

@Astralporing.1957 said:It just seems to me that this key drops only once per day. Everyone i have asked that didn't get it has obtained it once already on that reset day.

For me, it was a fresh reset so I have never been there twice in the same day. Unless that is, the roll over is different than daily reset. Which, is possible b/c the nodes in the LW3 maps were on a different schedule. The problem is ppl brand new to the map aren't getting it and then they aren't getting a mesmer portal so they run the meta and get no loot.

UPDATE: Ok so I played the map on 2 alts today BEFORE reset (8PM EDT). I ran meta 5 times between 3PM and 8PM EDT. It was busy tonight so meta spawned roughly twice an hour give or take a few.

• I got the "gold" participation chest everytime it completed.
  • I hit the 2 bosses (asura and golems) that came up, I wish I had filmed it.
  • Out of the 5 metas, today, I got 3 keys: 2 on my Mirage and 1 on my Weaver. (the first time I ran it was my Druid and I got it on her)
    So I have concluded the pass key resets on the universal timer and isn't account related nor is it character related. I am really disappointed in Anet for this mechanic. I once again just watched the map chat explode because not 1 mesmer would portal the people who legitimately participated in the meta event to loot post meta.

In my experience the Asura champ drops the Access Card, but not the Asura before he jumped into his Golem, rather the Asura who came out of the Golem with 10% hp.Means you have to hit the 10% Asura Champ after killing the Golem.That only my experience but i hit Asura + Golem but not the 10% Asura after Golem a few times and never got the card then.Always got the card after hitting the 10% Asura (enough).

I think they should just put the Access Card into the Meta Chest at the end. That would be easier.

Also for those who cannot get into the room, upon entering the area where the golem is from outside immediately to the left (South I believe) on the side with the meta chest is a room that opens after the meta is finished. You have to consume the access card and then go to this house/room and stand on the portal thing in that room.

You can do the meta as many times as you like on one character and get the access card (I have done so on my heal druid). The only time I do not get the card is if I do not hit the asura after the golem is killed.

EVERY single time I have completed it AT LEAST three people have not received a key. I have participated in this event several times(farming for FFT) so have seen this repeatedly.

Who on earth thought this was a good idea. If you are there and hit ANY of the bosses you should get the key. I might add that each time a mesmer did portal but relying on this is ridiculous.

I did the meta for the first time tonight because I needed the scarab thing for the beetle food collection, I got neither the key nor the beetle food item despite helping kill the champs and the nests inside Moon...whatever and putting effort towards the pre events that actually kicked this event off. I'm more than a little disappointed, but hopefully second time is a charm.

@Karaha.3290 said:In my experience the Asura champ drops the Access Card, but not the Asura before he jumped into his Golem, rather the Asura who came out of the Golem with 10% hp.Means you have to hit the 10% Asura Champ after killing the Golem.That only my experience but i hit Asura + Golem but not the 10% Asura after Golem a few times and never got the card then.Always got the card after hitting the 10% Asura (enough).

I think they should just put the Access Card into the Meta Chest at the end. That would be easier.

Did a run where I only fought the golem and the 10% asura. Didn't get the card. So it probably needs both or all 3.

Once I am done with the loot 10 times thing I will no longer have any reason to care anyway ...

@Karaha.3290 said:

Hard to see a 2ft Azure in a sea of mammoth Char, giant Norn, minions, illusions, clones, pets and 50+ crowded players. :)

I must have AOEd when I got the key the first time through.I completely agree it should drop or be a buff with the others we get.

Archived