Core professions and fratcals

Kreslin.6832

Hi guys, can you help me? I don't know if the core professions (without any dlc) are vaiable in fractals. I'm interested in guardian mainly. Also it can be elementalist, thief, mesmer, but guardian is the main for fractals. I know that I probably can do fractals with core professions but don't know if it wise. And if it ok, which is the limit of fractal level?

@Kreslin.6832 said:Also it can be elementalist, thief, mesmer, but guardian is the main for fractals. I know that I probably can do fractals with core professions but don't know if it wise.

Most core professions are viable in fractals. Elementalist, guardian and thief are core professions that are still viable. However, the same thing cannot be said for core mesmer. It's not a bad profession, it's just that it's not exactly the best profession when it comes to fractals because Chronomancer has better support for allies which is why people prefer to have Chronomancers rather than core mesmers or even Mirage.

I think atleast core ele and core guard are viable picks. Maybe not optimal if ESpecs are included but viable. Can pull off respectable DPS.Atleast if you run with guildies/friends, you can probably carry your own weight with either. PUGs may not be informed well enough to believe you.

What fractal level? In lower ones you can play whatever you want, but t4 fractals (75-100) will require more defined builds. Considering that you dont have expacs, you probably wont get much agony resist (for a reasonable amount of time and gold), so I wouldnt worry too much about builds, as long as they have a focus (no hybrid mixes, no traits all over the place, go full dps since low fractals are way too easy to make healers useful).

Warrior is currently the only core class which has 0 downside without an elite spec, but guard and thief can also have strong damage output (compared to their elite spec build). Everything else is much better with elite spec.

Archived