XP in LW is usless without the beetle

Because it doesn't take all that long to gain the XP to max the masteries.Also, for PoF, the game offered all sorts of items that could be saved until folks needed the mastery XP... and most people said, "stop cluttering my inventory and making me double click so many things."

There's no perfect solution that makes everyone happy in all situations. They chose to err on the side of what works best for the most people most of the time.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:You can max the mastery in about an hour or so doing the Istan farm.

How is it good game design to make me ignore new content and go farm experience in old maps? I should be incentivised to populate new map and complete events, meanwhile it feels like experience in Kourna is disabled.

Well then go play on the Kourna map.

It was brought up about the “wasted” XP and I mentioned the Istan farm being fairly effective at quickly leveling the masteries. It’s quick enough to the point that the XP lost during story completion is minimal. I also did not see anything in Kourna that really came close to it.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:You can max the mastery in about an hour or so doing the Istan farm.

How is it good game design to make me ignore new content and go farm experience in old maps? I should be incentivised to populate new map and complete events, meanwhile it feels like experience in Kourna is disabled.

Well then go play on the Kourna map.

It was brought up about the “wasted” XP and I mentioned the Istan farm being fairly effective at quickly leveling the masteries. It’s quick enough to the point that the XP lost during story completion is minimal. I also did not see anything in Kourna that really came close to it.

oh I tried but I think something is wrong and events dont give experience.

Before this episode dropped I bought Threat Reports from Keeper Pamir in the Desolation. You can get one per profession after doing the heart and it give a large amount of Mastery XP. It took 5 to max the first Roller Beetle mastery. I just ran around and did the events in Kourna to level the second one and am working on the third mastery now.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Keeper_Pamir#vendor35

I agree, I didn't like the feeling of "wasting XP" while my bar was stuck at 0/0. But there are other ways I quickly got experience later.

• Saved up daily chests from Istan (exp and volatile magic)
  • Gold/Sivler/Bronze "ancient weapons" adventure chests from Istan (and are sometimes the daily)
  • Raptor/Springer/Skimmer/Jackal treats (and now Beetle) can each be used once per day per mount
  • Other well-known sources like Guild buff, boosters and food buffs

@"Wizler.8192" said:I agree, I didn't like the feeling of "wasting XP" while my bar was stuck at 0/0. But there are other ways I quickly got experience later.

• Saved up daily chests from Istan (exp and volatile magic)
  • Gold/Sivler/Bronze "ancient weapons" adventure chests from Istan (and are sometimes the daily)
  • Raptor/Springer/Skimmer/Jackal treats (and now Beetle) can each be used once per day per mount
  • Other well-known sources like Guild buff, boosters and food buffs

Great tips! I had some treats and use those to speed things along.

Archived