Why you never give up on a ranked PvP match [Video included]

Mbelch.9028

Hey all, just wanted to share some ranked footage I captured the other day of a match that started off ugly as kitten, but by not giving up and winning an outnumbered fight or two, we were able to come back from 300-490. Yes, the other team was just two kills from the W.

Thought this might be a prime reminder that it's not worth AFKing after a 0-100 open.

I know the gameplay isn't my best, but I hope you all enjoy the footage.

@"Mbelch.9028" said:Hey all, just wanted to share some ranked footage I captured the other day of a match that started off ugly as kitten, but by not giving up and winning an outnumbered fight or two, we were able to come back from 300-490. Yes, the other team was just two kills from the W.

Thought this might be a prime reminder that it's not worth AFKing after a 0-100 open.

nerf holosmith

@DragonFury.6243 said:

@"Mbelch.9028" said:Hey all, just wanted to share some ranked footage I captured the other day of a match that started off ugly as kitten, but by not giving up and winning an outnumbered fight or two, we were able to come back from 300-490. Yes, the other team was just two kills from the W.

nerf holosmith

Why? I was full zerk in this video. The damage reflects that, so too would one of the enemy team members focusing me and killing me. Fortunately, they didn't get that chance.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@Mbelch.9028 said:Hey all, just wanted to share some ranked footage I captured the other day of a match that started off ugly as kitten, but by not giving up and winning an outnumbered fight or two, we were able to come back from 300-490. Yes, the other team was just two kills from the W.

nerf holosmith

Why? I was full zerk in this video. The damage reflects that, so too would one of the enemy team members focusing me and killing me. Fortunately, they didn't get that chance.

with all the sustain there is no way to consider holosmith a zerk build..like have you ever played fresh air ele?...that's glass cannon..not a holosmith

@Urejt.5648 said:very strong player

Thank you!

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Mbelch.9028 said:Hey all, just wanted to share some ranked footage I captured the other day of a match that started off ugly as kitten, but by not giving up and winning an outnumbered fight or two, we were able to come back from 300-490. Yes, the other team was just two kills from the W.

nerf holosmith

with all the sustain there is no way to consider holosmith a zerk build..like have you ever played fresh air ele?...that's glass cannon..not a holosmith

I love FA ele! It's very fun to play.

To answer your question though, some specs like reaper and Rev (yeah, a really good rev basically counters holo), I have to significantly outplay them to win the fight. I never claimed to be glass cannon, just zerk, although I do die quickly under focused fire.

Holos have one automatic stunbreak when traited (not counting Elixir S), and a maximum of two stunbreaks on their skill bar, even though most run with just one. That's not overpowered, in my opinion, and it's not hard to lock down a holo and burst them down.

I'll just say this as a final thing, yes Holo's damage is a bit high, and perhaps healing turret could be tuned down a little bit, but it is nowhere near as bad as an offender as a reaper damage in a team fight, a warrior at permanent bunkering, scourge condi spam or a mirage at kittening everything up with axe.

I'd love to know what you specifically think should be nerfed about Holo.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

Thank you!

nerf holosmith

To answer your question though, some specs like reaper and Rev (yeah, a really good rev basically counters holo), I have to significantly outplay them to win the fight. I never claimed to be glass cannon, just zerk, although I do die quickly under focused fire.

Holos have one automatic stunbreak when traited (not counting Elixir S), and a maximum of two stunbreaks on their skill bar, even though most run with just one. That's not overpowered, in my opinion, and it's not hard to lock down a holo and burst them down.

I'll just say this as a final thing, yes Holo's damage is a bit high, and perhaps healing turret could be tuned down a little bit, but it is nowhere near as bad as an offender as a reaper damage in a team fight, a warrior at permanent bunkering, scourge condi spam or a mirage at kittening everything up with axe.

Without doubt: Holographic shockwave it's utterly ridiculous....600 range huge radius aoe knockdown on 15s cd, we must either halve the radius or triple the CD..you can keep the dmg but the chain CC started from huge distance and bypassing walls ets...must go.

Really it must be a bug because the range is actually longer than 600 radius

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Thank you!

nerf holosmith

Without doubt:
Holographic shockwave
it's utterly ridiculous....600 range huge radius aoe knockdown on 15s cd, we must either halve the radius or triple the CD..you can keep the dmg but the chain CC started from huge distance and bypassing walls ets...must go.

Really it must be a bug because the range is actually longer than 600 radius

Hey there, I don't disagree. I think a 300-350 range is about appropriate. I'm not sure if it's a perceived bug or a "feature" that sometimes terrain makes it seem like the user is farther away.

Other than that skill, I really do think Holo is in tune with the meta. If the meta changes, I hope they change Holo accordingly. For example, if they're going for a meta in which they tune down damage, I hope they tune Holo's also, so that there's no crazy influx of Holosmiths. That's never good for the game.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

Thank you!

nerf holosmith

Did you really just compare Holosmith to reaper?

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

Thank you!

nerf holosmith

He didn't compare

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

Thank you!

nerf holosmith

ZhouX is right, I didn't compare the two, they're apples and oranges. I'm saying I think reaper damage in a team fight needs tuning down a bit, slightly more than holo's damage, healing turret's tune-down. (I.E. things to look at before deciding Holo needs a nerf bat, although I fully admit it needs adjustments) Just an opinion.

Archived