Joko Final Fight Bugged? (Final fight spoilers)

I killed the four 'Will of Joko's' and his royal guards and then the Immortal Joko (boss you actually fight) stopped spawning. The pools of tar(?) the royal guards leave upon death never despawn and the scarabs keep coming, but the Joko you fight never reappears. Has anyone else had this issue?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is that the last battle? I remember I had to dodge behind that dark wall (of tar?) that hurts you (if you're not in the middle), just as he cast it towards the rest of the room.Spent 10 mins with a guildie, tryna dodge it and kill scarabs over and over.. wondering why he kept taking longer to come back to the fight each time.We waited ages for him to come back, so i ended up rolling behind the black wall of w/e the hell that wall was, just before he finished casting it, and before he sent it towards my other guildie. I spotted him there casting it, and attacked him, which made him come back to the fight.

• Confused 1

No, he does bug out and disappear sometimes. He disappeared and didn't respawn for me right after he reawkaned the fallen or whatever. I killed them and it just kept spawning beetles. Restarted that checkpoint in the instance and it worked fine.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

You losing that fight is the True ending. Anet just pulled a Mass Effect 3 and changed the ending because people didn't like the truth....... But not even the forces of the Universe itself will every defeat Joko. With every attempt he gets better....... and what you've witnessed is part of his progress to restore History to its intended path.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Please, I am desperate here. How do you kill a Will of Joko. I am playing an elementalist and every time I get to this portion of the fight, all my attacks do zero damage. What is required to kill one of these things?

Addendum, I managed to find out that it was some form of CC required to take down these Wills of Joko. Switched to a different element and started CCing away and fight went pretty darn smooth.

• 5 months later...

15 minutes ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

Absolutely not bugged at all. You just need CC for once.

The original post was for a legit bug though(joko not coming  back to the fight after killing his illusions. I think it got patched though. At the Same time it could be back, anything is possible in this game.) did a thread get merged with another older thread or was it necroed by a poster who didnt read the original post?

Edited by Dante.1763
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/8/2021 at 6:27 AM, Dante.1763 said:

The original post was for a legit bug though(joko not coming  back to the fight after killing his illusions. I think it got patched though. At the Same time it could be back, anything is possible in this game.) did a thread get merged with another older thread or was it necroed by a poster who didnt read the original post?

The patch didn’t work, then. I recently did this instance again as part of the return event, and Joko never showed back up, beetles just endlessly spawned. Purposefully died to beetles to try restarting from checkpoint, no Joko. Logged out, used -repair, was able to complete after redoing the entire instance.

There’s a thread about it in the second page of the bugs forum.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

I was doing the story randomly because of the returning champion stuff, this bug is still there. Frigging annoying. And I wasn't doing the stories in order so, well, leaving the instance made me start from the beginning so I rq, not sure when I will touch side stories again. 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...