spvp meta battle - yes or no for learning?

There are a few Builds there that can be used to the Tee but then some that need tweaking to a play style. I'd say meta battle is a good starting point to find a build that matches your play style. So it's not horrible.

Tho the tunnel vision on necro is quite small. Everything is condi based even tho power necro is quite fun and good.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:So i have decided to start play multi class - mainly for all game modes though mostly spvp and wvw and was wondering the best way to learn. I know there is no real best way to learn but from your self but is it really good to follow meta battle builds?

There is also godsofpvp.net . But they only post the meta builds there.The whole content over rotation and kitting is great tough. You might want to check.

If you need to use meta builds or not? Frankly speaking until you get a better grasp of PvP and your class role, please yes, use then.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:So i have decided to start play multi class - mainly for all game modes though mostly spvp and wvw and was wondering the best way to learn. I know there is no real best way to learn but from your self but is it really good to follow meta battle builds?

Learning a profession depends on what build you're running. As for following metabattle builds, I would say that is both good and bad to follow them. It's good because you'll know what is effective for the profession you're playing and it's bad because it promotes laziness. By that I mean that you don't have to think critically when it comes to build crafting. You're not trying to come up with something new or something that others can try to see that it can be just as effective, if not more effective than meta builds.

Now, I'm not saying that you shouldn't follow metabattle builds, you can if you want to. It's just that I prefer to make builds of my own or make altered versions of meta builds. Sometimes this is impossible to accomplish and a good example is the core elementalist build. I tried a lot to come up with an altered version of the meta build that is just as viable, but I couldn't.

It's a starting point but thats it. Better to find a mentor in game or learn by experience what works.

Alot of the builds on there are heavily watchdogged by the mods of the site because they want them there. It has the appearance of a community site but really its just a few guys controlling what goes on there.

Archived