Junundu Wurms: how do you actually kill them?

I never put much thought into the junundu wurms I've found all being invulnerable before. They always seemed more like hazards in the sulfrous wastes more than enemies to kill.

But now that you have to kill them to get the Roller Beetle, it's become a serious problem. Every single wurm I can find just says "invulnerable" if you try to attack it. Doesn't matter what sort of attack I do, nothing works.

So how, exactly, are you supposed to kill these things? It's obviously possible, as I've seen people running around with the new mount already.

they are bugged as hell.

when you go to the jakal wp go North East on the plattform. from there you see several plattforms you can travel to. from there you can hit the worms.Range weapon with 1200 helps alot. you can kite them near a plattform and kill them.

dulfy&co shows a spot more north of the map. but they will die to fast and there are more players. imo no good spot.

Go to the South East of Desolation map, plenty of Veteran Wurms which spawn requently and ther are huge platform to stand on and dodgeThe wurms will come to you. Melee classes can kill them easily too.Spread the words. I followed Dulfy's guide, her suggested location is not the best!

Just did it yesterday. Go south from Joko's Domain Waypoint heading toward Junundu Hatchery. Once you get past Awaken forces there are couple Junundu Wurms close to the solid ground you can simply melee down. The item actually dropped from non-veteran Wurm for me.

I didn't thought this subject that much, I went to Desolation and killed one, and then wondered a moment how to pick the box from the sulphur. I was of course 100% certain it can be done, because I saw people with beetles. But now that you said that, yes, they definitely can be problematic, and just like OP, I earlier thought that they are just nasties around, not things meant to be hunted down.

I used Deadeye for this job. I shot one dead at range, and the box dropped there. I wondered that how the hell I can get the box, because I thought that I will be unmounted if I pick it with skimmer - I finally decided to try this suicidal manouver, but to my surprise, I wasnt unmounted and everything went well. Then I saw one player luring the wurm near to safe spot s/he was standing, slaughtered it down and picked up the box easily, and I virtually slapped my forehead making the thing overly complex.

So, I could say that both approaches will work. You can shoot it down from range and go getting box with skimmer, or you can lure the wurm near you, take it down and pick the box. If they happen to bug, then I think you need to take some other target, or wait the one to reset.

@"TamX.1870" said:I didn't thought this subject that much, I went to Desolation and killed one, and then wondered a moment how to pick the box from the sulphur. I was of course 100% certain it can be done, because I saw people with beetles. But now that you said that, yes, they definitely can be problematic, and just like OP, I earlier thought that they are just nasties around, not things meant to be hunted down.

I used Deadeye for this job. I shot one dead at range, and the box dropped there. I wondered that how the hell I can get the box, because I thought that I will be unmounted if I pick it with skimmer - I finally decided to try this suicidal manouver, but to my surprise, I wasnt unmounted and everything went well. Then I saw one player luring the wurm near to safe spot s/he was standing, slaughtered it down and picked up the box easily, and I virtually slapped my forehead making the thing overly complex.

So, I could say that both approaches will work. You can shoot it down from range and go getting box with skimmer, or you can lure the wurm near you, take it down and pick the box. If they happen to bug, then I think you need to take some other target, or wait the one to reset.

For that there is alsogRj9P11.jpg

or the Autoloot mastery in which case you wouldn't have to care at all.

@"Khisanth.2948" said:For that there is also [autoloot button]or the Autoloot mastery in which case you wouldn't have to care at all.

Ah, now I feel even more stupid, I didn't check if the action was to "open" the chest, or "loot" it... But anyways, with autoloot key you get the option pretty close the target, although the "skill" itself works from greater distance that it indicates. Anyways, originally, I shot the wurm too far to the sulphur that autoloot key would have worked from the spot, but yes, it didn't unmount me when getting closer on skimmer blush :D And the next ones at that spot were bit more smarter than me, who went with brute force w/o thinking consequences...

And yes, it was not veteran wurm, just regular one.

@Khisanth.2948 said:Autoloot option is not the same as AoE loot and also not the same as Autoloot mastery. The mastery has at least 3000 range. Haven't tested the AoE loot's range but that is at least 900 range.

Sorry, poor choices of wording, meant the same thing(s). Yes, haven't checked AoE loot range, but it is much larger than at with range the option comes visible.

Easiest way IMO is:

• Use mele character like warrior/spellbreaker
  • Go to The Darklands Waypoint in desolation.
  • Mount Skimmer
  • Drop into sulfur hole east of the Waypoint (it's very close).
  • Get the Wurm there to follow you to the end of the sulfur path (a few meters).
  • At the end of the path, there is a ledge where you are can stand and be unaffected by Sulfur poison.
  • Dismount, hack down Wurm, pick up loot box.
  • Get back on Skimmer and glide out or teleport to Waypoint.

• 2 weeks later...

@CrayonComa.7129 said:There's also a spot in Vabbi south of the academy (kinda near the grapes) where junundu spawn and there is NO sulphur. You don't have to go to the Desolation. I have confirmed that the item drops there as well.

Confirmed this is where I got my drop. Went down to where the Junundu training event is. Killed the first worm I saw . Quest completed.

Archived