Plaguedoctor Renegade?

Tajiseed.7831

They were a new stats added in the episode Flashpoint in the LS season 3 . Seraph (Condi dmg / precision/ concentration/ healing) and it wasn't working for several reasons.

First : You have no expertise - then no condi durationThen : Most of condi builds deals a lot of power damage too. One of the reason scourge was behind others condi dps on the benchmark for ... all the power multiplier are super weak.

So I'm kinda sceptic about it.

@Tajiseed.7831 said:Just saw the plaguedoctor stats (condi / healing / concentration).

Would this make a viable hybrid support/condi DPS Renegade?

If you're going to be doing healing + alacrity as a renegade, yes this is probably the best set you could get for it (though seraphs will be better damage) and it would probably do between 10-15k dps full buffed with a good rotation

I think it's a darn nice set. It's seraph but with one bullshit stat removed (precision) and a meaningful (vitality) put in. A healer should not be squishy, it is imperative that he can take a blow, but also not draw too much attention to himself (toughness) unless he's ready to be dedicated tank as well.

Also renegade has a fair amount of condi damage duration buffs in his traits. He won't be getting 100% bonus condi duration but can still squeeze out a decent amount. I would say give it a go!

It's a lot like Seraph... Which means it's mostly just bad for PvE and probably okay for some niche WvW builds.

To elaborate, in PvE, any condi build need to get as close to 100% duration as possible to be effective. If you really want to play some hybrid Renegade healer, you'd be better off just mixing Vipers and Apothecary, but even then you probably wouldn't have enough duration for it to be effective... What you'd want to do would be to go all Viper's everything, and lean on the healing modifiers in Salvation to carry your heals, possibly with Monk Runes and a Sigil of Transference to boost them further. You'd still be off of your condi duration cap without Nightmare/Trapper, but you'd be close enough to at least make it worth doing.

And as @Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said, power builds will always work better for hybrid healers in PvE, since they can be hard boosted by adding Power, Precision, or Ferocity (all of which are pretty easy to mix in with the available stat options.) Condi really relies on getting as close to 100% duration as possible, which just detracts from your healing output big time. Condi Druid used to be a popular thing, but it ran full Vipers, and was mostly there to supply GotL and keep everybody's Scholar bonus active, not to do any sort of hard carry healing.

I do think this new Plaguedoctor stuff is probably pretty good for some select Druid/Firebrand WvW hybrid builds though. Thankfully concentration doesn't affect Barrier, or it would have been a super super-gross alternative for Scourges.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been using plaguedoc stats on my legendary armor and back/trinket for doing bounties and metas, along with corruption/salvation/renegade and monk runes. In raids I normally go condi dps. I think plague doc stats are not bad for open world type healing duty.

Archived