The one to rule them all...

TickTickBoom.3271

Good dayI can't decide between Ranger and Mesmer as a new main.I have Revenant, Guardian, Warrior, Necro and Ele all maxed with ascended gear.The main objective of the new class would be to get to T4 fractals and then raids, but also to use in pve content.Like what are the pro's and con's of each of these?Any advise would be helpfull.

@TickTickBoom.3271 said:Like what are the pro's and con's of each of these?Any advise would be helpfull.

Ranger is a DPS profession with the best ranged damage in the game. Druid is the best choice when it comes to fractals and raids and Soulbeast is a different way to play DPS ranger.

Mesmer can be either a power, a hybrid or a condition profession. Chronomancer is the specialization that most players want in fractals and raids because of the support capabilities and Mirage is a condition specialization that uses stealth when dodging.

Ranger is in my opinion easier to get the hang of than mesmer, but since you already know how to play the more complex professions like elementalist, guardian and revenant, I don't think you would have any problems learning the mesmer.

Pro Ranger: easy to play, always a position in raids with druid, pokemon feeling, good balanced and viable in all modes, the nature theme (if you like that)Cons ranger: less engaging gameplay, pet management and AI reliance, forced into support in endgame with druid

Pro Mesmer: strong in all modes with all specs, high DPS, boon support and tanking all possible, illusionist theme(if you like that)Cons Mesmer: more difficult to master, nerf incomming for sure,

@RedShark.9548 said:isn fractals and raids pve content? did i miss something? with mesmer atm you will always find a group, not sure how long that will be tho

Didn't imply that FotM and Raids are not pve content. Just that the requirements for playing those modes is vastly different from normal pve (open world). And would like those comments to take that into account aswell.Thank you for your imput. Leaning more towards mesmer, so hopefully it will remain the same.

@TickTickBoom.3271 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:isn fractals and raids pve content? did i miss something? with mesmer atm you will always find a group, not sure how long that will be tho

Didn't imply that FotM and Raids are not pve content. Just that the requirements for playing those modes is vastly different from normal pve (open world). And would like those comments to take that into account aswell.Thank you for your imput. Leaning more towards mesmer, so hopefully it will remain the same.

Fractals (especially T4) and raids are more hardcore PvE. I call group content closed PvE.Open PvE is world exploration, collections and meta events.Regardless of your end choice: Both classes excel in close to mid range combat. Ranger has longbow but it has more use in WvW than in PvE. It does good dmg in open PvE but personally i think its a rather boring weapon (Note: i am ranger main for 6 years). Ranger has interesting E-Specs that change gameplay quiet a bit. Druid will shift focus to heals and Soulbeast focusses on melee and mobility.Since mesmer rework the class is hella fun and i could only recommend it. Although i rather like melee weapons of mesmer, i like staffs utility and you use it in mid range. Chrobo is more phantasm spam and mirage is clone spam and dodge spam. Note: SpamDue to its huge spammability it will be tuned down but its the more vigorous class choice atm. And more fun IMO.

@TickTickBoom.3271 said:

@"RedShark.9548" said:isn fractals and raids pve content? did i miss something? with mesmer atm you will always find a group, not sure how long that will be tho

"The main objective of the new class would be to get to T4 fractals and then raids, but also to use in pve content."

that sentence implies that its not pve contend, thats what irritated me^^

also if you decide to go for mesmer i hope that it stays viable but gets a big nerf, as it is right now its waaay overtuned, hands down the most op class atm

Measmer in PvE right now is king. Chrono power dps is one of the highest power dps builds. Chrono support is the strongest support in the game. Mirage condi is the strongest condi build. Chron power burst is impersssive and this ultra strong in open world PvE.

Ranger, has solid support build and good condi build. Open world, pets tank for you. It overall lacks Mesmer damage.

Archived