Taimi should probably die. - Page 4 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Taimi should probably die.

Comments

• Zedek.8932Zedek.8932 Member ✭✭✭

I'd like me to be the guy that saves the world. "Snaff Savant". Pah! It's probably a codename for "the college dropout"?

Or is it because I skipped college to learn how to stab people in the back and how turn invisible that she thinks I should not bother with anything intelligent?
    I'd want to teach her a little bit of respect towards me. Or Catlock.

Excelsior, my name is Zedexx; Asuran Deadeye and assassin.
    The Hunter / 2x Darksteel Pistols / 2x Whisper's Secret Daggers and my Springer. That's all I need and trust.
    "We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!"

• Umut.5471Umut.5471 Member ✭✭✭

Joko was my favorite character, please take Taimi and resurrect him.

• Grampybone.3716Grampybone.3716 Member ✭✭
    edited July 5, 2018

For me Taimi is like Abby from NCIS, she brings a positive thing in the storyline. Keep her ingame. I'm tired of Braham, his negativity carries on way too long, he's a warrior. That means first act, then mourn. I like Rythlock, although his voice sounds like he's constipated ;-) A change of personalty, Braham crawling up from the downward spiral for example would be nice! IMO No need for dying NPC's in the future of GW2.

• Jumpin Lumpix.6108Jumpin Lumpix.6108 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Aodlop.1907 said:
    It would have an impact, it's a really liked character, much like Tybalt. Eir's passing was "meh" because I didn't feel that much invested in her, Taimi's death would hurt though. And so, she should die, in a painful and needlessly cruel way.

Yes she is very annoying, I agree. I think I might feel relief though instead of pain.

• Mahou.3924Mahou.3924 Member ✭✭✭

People are among other lolreasons just salty because they don't feel as important as they believe they should in their role as the player character. "Oh noez, me r not the most important PC in the MMO. Halp pliehz". See Treahearne and the beyond pathetic and "malicious" QQing of him stealing Caladbolg (and the attention) from "us". See Rythlok and the - fortunately - less annoying QQing about him being useless and still having his "OP" sword.

• @Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Couple of personal thoughts:

• I like Taimi and think she adds a lot to the story. I find her character interesting, her dialogue amusing, and her personality quite charming. As a whole, I think she enhances and propels the story in valuable ways.
    • I don't know that the lore says she has a "terminal" condition. I felt it was progressive and debilitating, but didn't sense it was ultimately terminal. (Probably some of you know better, though. Is it, truly?)
    • I am not a fan of what I feel to be overly emotionally manipulative writing, of "kill off this beloved character simply for the thrill of it or because it allegedly, in some warped mind, 'strengthens the story' or simply because, as a writer, I can do that." Death with meaning? Sure. XXXXXXX dies in Little Woman -- I get that, and it was obviously planned by the writer, but it works for me. Kill off everyone I care about? Nope. That is why I have stopped watching a certain popular television series multiple times, because I can't take the manipulation, the trolling, the intended, ugly, forced nature of the narrative. And yeah, I've come back to it, but I rather hate myself for having done so and I'm not sure I'll stick through to the protracted end. :) <--- edited to remove spoiler char name -- sorry!

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Couple of personal thoughts:

• I like Taimi and think she adds a lot to the story. I find her character interesting, her dialogue amusing, and her personality quite charming. As a whole, I think she enhances and propels the story in valuable ways.
    • I don't know that the lore says she has a "terminal" condition. I felt it was progressive and debilitating, but didn't sense it was ultimately terminal. (Probably some of you know better, though. Is it, truly?)
    • I am not a fan of what I feel to be overly emotionally manipulative writing, of "kill off this beloved character simply for the thrill of it or because it allegedly, in some warped mind, 'strengthens the story' or simply because, as a writer, I can do that." Death with meaning? Sure. XXXXXXX dies in Little Woman -- I get that, and it was obviously planned by the writer, but it works for me. Kill off everyone I care about? Nope. That is why I have stopped watching a certain popular television series multiple times, because I can't take the manipulation, the trolling, the intended, ugly, forced nature of the narrative. And yeah, I've come back to it, but I rather hate myself for having done so and I'm not sure I'll stick through to the protracted end. :) <--- edited to remove spoiler char name -- sorry!

I like that point! It definitely needs meaning. And I think we all know what tv series you are talking about. Something like game of musical chair?

• Elestrae.4927Elestrae.4927 Member ✭✭

You know, none of these new characters can stand up to my all time favorite... Tybalt Leftpaw! Wish they'd somehow bring him back! :D

• Sylv.5324Sylv.5324 Member ✭✭✭

I like Taimi, and don't feel that, as a user has commented, that she is a 'diversity quota' character. It's great to see disabled characters, as there are so few, accomplishing useful and helpful things. Of course, I am also disabled in real life, and appreciate the representation. <3 Please don't kill off Taimi!

• Ephemiel.5694Ephemiel.5694 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 6, 2018

No offense, but you guys lost the ability to understand what death with meaning means long ago and seem to be overly scared to have anyone from Dragon's Watch die.

Placing characters in danger when we know it's obvious that they'll escape [Taimi constantly, Faren, hell even the Commander] can only work so long before it becomes irritating to see. Also, what about Trahearne? He was killed off at the end of Heart of Thorns after doing nothing through the whole thing because he was captured. No hints at his fate, no foreshadowing that we may not be able to save him, just him popping up at the end and saying "kill me" after we stop Mordremoth in the Dream. How about Eir, who was immediately killed off for no reason other than push Braham as her replacement.

"Intended, ugly, forced nature of the narrative"? Is that not exactly what this is?

Where are the writers that understood all this? Remember the death of our Order Mentor? Remember Tegwen? Apatia? Tonn? The fact that we literally SHELL OUR OWN PEOPLE thanks to a Mesmer illusion?

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

Taimi should not die but be more discret we are the pact commander and she keeps telling us what to do like this annoying trahearne. The only characters I consider as friend are Tybalt, kernson and Sieran. I accept Taimi, but I would like very much that Braham die, he is so stupid and annoying, I can't even stand a picture of him. Not fan of kasmeer either whereas I like Marjory.

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Twyn.7320 said:
    [The original quote was removed because someone reported their message, so this is a repost from before, but I feel like it needs to be said. Now, it doesn't refer to a direct person's message.]

I need to highlight something, because it misses the point of why members of the community dislike the current direction of the Living World. It's not because we're negative and psychopathic. I can enjoy positive characters when they have relevance and their antics aren't forced down my throat. When they actually fit the setting, it can be a really snazzy thing. I could easily say that people who like Taimi and the cast of characters are passive viewers, who aren't actually engaging with the narrative, but engaging with stereotypes that provide escapism. I'm not going to generalise, however.

The section of the community that dislikes this cast of characters want emotion from the narrative. Characters without emotion are boring, stereotypical husks with no relevance. This is why Braham had a lot of potential before he was character-assassinated in this Episode. His deviation from the typical trend of: 'We're heroes in white' was actually interesting. The section of the community that generally disliked Braham tended to bring up that it wasn't a part of his character to do that. The point is: Braham didn't really have character before Episode 3 of Living World Season 3. He was just a walking stereotype, and Anet tried something and for me, it worked. I actually clapped when Braham rebelled, sue me.

The issue that my section of the community has is that we aren't 'represented' in the narrative. Before someone says: 'We don't need to force representation, stop contradicting yourself.' What I mean is: There's a disagreement of philosophies in how people enjoy the Living World because we haven't been shown anything other than a tunnel vision approach of keeping everything the same way across multiple stories. In every single story, it starts and ends with the same outcome: The main heroes survive and we win, we push back the darkness. We never lose. To elaborate the point a bit more:

LWS3 Episode 1: We push back the White Mantle. 'Lazarus' escapes, but the White Mantle are threatened.
    LWS3 Episode 2: We save Aurene and the Ring of Fire.
    LWS3 Episode 3: We locate Braham and save him from peril, along with Rox. We prevent the spread of Jormag.
    LWS3 Episode 4: We defeat Caudecus and the White Mantle. Demmi dies, but she appears in the same Episode. She's a side character, not a main hero.
    LWS3 Episode 5: We stop Balthazar's plan and the Dragons go to sleep. Marjory gets injured, but survives.
    LWS3 Episode 6: We kill Lazarus, Livia survives.
    Path of Fire: We kill Balthazar, Vlast dies but enters as a really meaningless side character, no main hero dies permanently.
    LWS4 Episode 1: We stop the mass invasion from becoming far worse. Taimi survives.
    LWS4 Episode 2: We prevent the Awakened from wiping out the Olmakhan. Rata Primus is destroyed. Everyone survives. Joko runs off with a sample of the Plague.
    LWS4 Episode 3: We kill Joko. The Scarab Plague is destroyed. We all survive. Faren gets injured but survives.

So, in 30 months (presuming 3 months between each Episode), not a single Main Hero has died. The sudden shift in story-telling began with Living World Season 3, so it's the best starting point IMO. This narrative with the Dragons has lasted almost 5-6 years, and the Main Heroes that have died are: Trahearne, Eir, Personal Story Mentor.

And that's all that I can remember vividly. If I've missed anyone, let me know. This isn't meant to be an attack on people who have a positive outlook of Guild Wars 2, but an objective attempt to elaborate on the issues that a section of the community has against the Living World in its current format. Something really needs to change.

An Elonian main should die in finale against Kralk

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Brujeria.7536 said:
    I think taimi should die as well. Not because for some "emotional plottwist" , simply because shes more annoying than Trahearne was. I mean the permanent jokes, forcefully funny dialogues and every "deux ex machina" she brings to the story is way too much.

In the last living story segment we went in for a very dark theme fantasy wise, plagues, people dying, epidemic and apocalyptic plot. I, for one, cant take the story serious when people are dying, the story implies that things are in a dangerous spot and 20 seconds later there comes a funny joke. This isnt a comedy show. And this happens WAY too often.

She is always the solution or the driving reason we do things, the reason we find something out. The entire Asura influence on the story as a whole, is way too big as it is. Need to get somewhere? Asuragate! Need to know something, or figure something out? Some asura study or new side-character gets added. When was the last time we really had some MEANINGFULL progress, story, influence by a norn? By a human? A charr? A Sylvari? Asura and the technology aspect are omnipresent in the story.

"Oh we need to get some army into a far away area! hey lets have an asura portal" I mean like.. dont humans have airships, dont charrs have big kitten tanks? Norn could have a big kitten Wurm trough their connections to the spirits to travel underground.

"Oh we are alone in a scouting like mission on new grounds, LUCKILY, some randomly added asura golem a story segment back, got his arm sucked in trough the portal and LUCKILY, that arm has all the tools we need!" Again, same thing. Charrs have the ash legion for such scouting / stealth stuff. We could have a norn or sylvari scout, even caith or braham, to show us how to hide in such a situation, "learning" those things along the way, you are on new land after all, you need to "adapt" to what to do there, not just some miracle arm that coincidently does everything one needs.

Such kind of ideas and aspects are completly deleted from the game. The development of the other races and the potential they bring is at hold since years. Every big "step" or "insight" is tied to asuras or asuran technology. This is also the case in the rest of the game - Current events - Fractals - Events like wintersday, SAB. Everything is so asura centric, its getting old. SAB could have been some "very special" norn brew they do once a year that makes the people high, or a sylvari connection to a "strange dream" for every race once a year.

Pretty much all other characters from the commanders "squad" are just here for good measure, rox, braham, feel like sidekicks, being completly forgotten. I mean yes, Braham did have his moments in the last segment - even funny ones, but these feel fitting, even though they where not really meaningfull, story wise.

The asura centricness of the game i agree with fully. i was hoping honestly with PoF wed move away from the asura, but NOPE. and even though they did add the Olmakhan the Charr of the group, Rox, hasnt had any character development in ages, aside from being pushed out of the way to go with Braham...after he almost killed her.

Amana Silentchild; My Main
    Ember Wandertooth; The Kingslayer, Kianda Redpaw; The Blazing Light
    Why GW is Called Guildwars

• @Aodlop.1907 said:
    It would have an impact, it's a really liked character, much like Tybalt. Eir's passing was "meh" because I didn't feel that much invested in her, Taimi's death would hurt though. And so, she should die, in a painful and needlessly cruel way.

Out of all the characters, Taimi would be missed the most. Heres some characters that I think should die.

• Marjory: Her character arc has been done since season 1. Shes got nothing interesting left in her, and the romance between her and Kasmeer has played out. Honestly, for a necromancer detective with a kitten katana thats infused with her sisters soul, shes kinda boring
    • Rytlock: Too much of a deus ex-machina. He just sortof pops up whenever its convenient for the story to be progressed. I like him, but he needs to go
    • Canach: Favorite character, but hes not much in the story any more.

In fact, it feels like theres too many arcs in the story that go unresolved for months at a time. I think ANet would be wise to trim the ensemble down and focus on telling a few compelling stories, rather than trying to tell hundreds a la Game of Thrones.

• perilisk.1874perilisk.1874 Member ✭✭✭✭

I don't want Taimi to die, but she is a little overused. There are probably good reasons for it, but without a strong protagonist to put her into a clear supporting role (which is never going to happen, and probably shouldn't), or a diversity of supporting characters to share the spotlight, she sort of starts to become a defacto protagonist, and she isn't suited for it. I think the communicator was where things started to go off the rails, since it turned her from the technically adept member of DW into Felicity Smoak.

Also, GW is fantasy, and that means that sometimes newfangled technology doesn't have all the answers, and old-school sorcery gets to save the day. When that situation arises, it's fine for Taimi to be stumped (good thing we travel with guardians, necromancers, mesmers, and revenants). I think the other thing that needs to be done is establish the boundaries of Taimi's expertise more clearly, and maybe more narrowly than has been hinted. She's a golemancer and a ley line expert, that's pretty set in stone. But there's a whole lot of magitech out there, and if we run across it and it's unique or cutting edge stuff, it's okay for her to say "not my field, find another Asura". And it's okay to say that if it can't be fixed with ley line energy manipulation or a golem, that she's not much more use than any other random member of DW.

• Ephemiel.5694Ephemiel.5694 Member ✭✭✭

@hugo.4705 said:
    Taimi should not die but be more discret we are the pact commander and she keeps telling us what to do like this annoying trahearne. The only characters I consider as friend are Tybalt, kernson and Sieran. I accept Taimi, but I would like very much that Braham die, he is so stupid and annoying, I can't even stand a picture of him. Not fan of kasmeer either whereas I like Marjory.

Oh lord, don't remind me of Braham. Season 3 was horrible having to listen to him snap at the Commander as if he completely forgot how close we were to his mother [a mother he barely cared about back when we met him btw]. When he popped up in Season 4 and, again, immediately snaps at us for Taimi's capture, i just groaned. At least he calmed down by the end.

• She doesn't have to die but I hope she gradually kitten off so other characters can do something other than stand around and wait for her comms. She is the Trahearne of post-vanilla, and the player character a muscle brain that can'd do kitten without her. It's just boring.

• Torolan.5816Torolan.5816 Member ✭✭✭

@Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921 said:
    This a response to OP, but I think it also applies here at the end. Killing off characters isn't good storytelling if it's just used to create emotional impact. This is something George Lucas argued against with the original Star Wars trilogy. If the story is good which so far I don't hate it, then killing off the main characters is unnecessary plot device.

I could tell from your post you're either newer to the game or just never played Norn. Eir's death was sad for me, the Norn struggle to be a part of any story. We have two Charr Rytlock and Rocks, two Sylvari Caithe and Canach, Many many humans, many Asuran, and only one remaining Norn in the story. I don't like the idea of the Norn always being left out, it would be like the Avengers without Thor. Norn need representation, since they get soo little of it in stories. I admit Braham isn't the amazing character Eir was, if you played the old stories a lot or leveled Norn you'd know how good of a character she was, they never had a need to replace her until the actor could no longer do the character. What would be helpful is if Braham could actually grow up a little in the stories, he's the brash charging in Guardian who acts before he thinks. It's okay for youth to be this way, but Braham has been through injury, losing his mother, and many other obstacles including being knocked down a peg by the commander. It feels like his story arc never took off, that he'll always be the brash youth trying to live up to his mother's legend instead of accepting he needs to forge his own. If he dies off and there's no Norn that would really disappoint me, plus it would kill off the family line of Eir which would be a tragedy given all she's done. Braham just needs to reconcile who he is and then he can work towards being a good representation of Norn. This I have been truly missing from the stories, Norn was my first character the one I built a love of this game around. It disappointing they're always in the north away from the rest of the world when they have soo much love for family and protecting people.

Taimi I really like and to kill her off would be a mistake in my view. She's unique that she's the only true youth of the group, she's still a young teenager and her dying off could possibly alienate a good portion of players. I don't like her always being delegated to narrative, but her enthusiasm is refreshing. Of all the characters she always seems eager to take on the world, and that's a trait which usually diminishes over time.

And I would certainly agree with George Lucas here, how deep have I fallen. Killing Han Solo for example did absolutely zero for the character of Khylo Ren, he is still the same pimpled, temper tantrum loser with a little bit less grandfather issues in the next SW who gets to look like a really average swordfight guy against Luke and STILL can´t raise a hand against Leah, but it managed to cool me off enough from the SW universe that I did not even consider going into Solo: A SW story.

I dislike Asura in general, but Taimi comes close to being tolerable for me right now. As the commander is obviously unable to kill the big baddies on his own, he needs someone like her to help him out. And why should this not be a teenage Asura? I would also welcome a shift of story to something actually heroic instead of everyday is doomsday.

I would welcome the exile of Caithe and the resignation of Rhytlock though.

• Trevor Boyer.6524Trevor Boyer.6524 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Aodlop.1907 said:

Hell no

Loved Eir, love Taimi even more.

• Mahou.3924Mahou.3924 Member ✭✭✭

@Brujeria.7536 said:
    I think taimi should die as well. Not because for some "emotional plottwist" , simply because shes more annoying than Trahearne was. I mean the permanent jokes, forcefully funny dialogues and every "deux ex machina" she brings to the story is way too much.

In the last living story segment we went in for a very dark theme fantasy wise, plagues, people dying, epidemic and apocalyptic plot. I, for one, cant take the story serious when people are dying, the story implies that things are in a dangerous spot and 20 seconds later there comes a funny joke. This isnt a comedy show. And this happens WAY too often.

She is always the solution or the driving reason we do things, the reason we find something out. The entire Asura influence on the story as a whole, is way too big as it is. Need to get somewhere? Asuragate! Need to know something, or figure something out? Some asura study or new side-character gets added. When was the last time we really had some MEANINGFULL progress, story, influence by a norn? By a human? A charr? A Sylvari? Asura and the technology aspect are omnipresent in the story.

"Oh we need to get some army into a far away area! hey lets have an asura portal" I mean like.. dont humans have airships, dont charrs have big kitten tanks? Norn could have a big kitten Wurm trough their connections to the spirits to travel underground.

"Oh we are alone in a scouting like mission on new grounds, LUCKILY, some randomly added asura golem a story segment back, got his arm sucked in trough the portal and LUCKILY, that arm has all the tools we need!" Again, same thing. Charrs have the ash legion for such scouting / stealth stuff. We could have a norn or sylvari scout, even caith or braham, to show us how to hide in such a situation, "learning" those things along the way, you are on new land after all, you need to "adapt" to what to do there, not just some miracle arm that coincidently does everything one needs.

Such kind of ideas and aspects are completly deleted from the game. The development of the other races and the potential they bring is at hold since years. Every big "step" or "insight" is tied to asuras or asuran technology. This is also the case in the rest of the game - Current events - Fractals - Events like wintersday, SAB. Everything is so asura centric, its getting old. SAB could have been some "very special" norn brew they do once a year that makes the people high, or a sylvari connection to a "strange dream" for every race once a year.

Pretty much all other characters from the commanders "squad" are just here for good measure, rox, braham, feel like sidekicks, being completly forgotten. I mean yes, Braham did have his moments in the last segment - even funny ones, but these feel fitting, even though they where not really meaningfull, story wise.

So you are salty because you/your PC is not the most important special snowflake in GW2.

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Mahou.3924 said:

@Brujeria.7536 said:

So you are salty because you/your PC is not the most important special snowflake in GW2.

Not even close to what he posted.

• I like Taimi.

Kill Braham instead. Or do something so I don't hate him so much. He is so whiny about his poor mamma.
    It's war. Tons of people die. No excuse to get others killed too Braham.

• Harper.4173Harper.4173 Member ✭✭✭

I honestly dislike all of these new "Destiny's Edge" and would honestly fully support killing them off. If not all of them then at least as many as the story allows. Starting with Braham. Then Taimi, then Rox.

• MrForz.1953MrForz.1953 Member ✭✭✭

Taimi probably sees her future in Blish's current state. Whether such an operation would work again or not... Well.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Pirate - Jade Quarry

• CJH.2879CJH.2879 Member ✭✭✭

This is me being half serious, but... wouldn't that be fun if the commander went into another dimension where Taimi is the overwhelmingly evil emperor overlord over the whole of Tyria & your mission is to de-throne her. Now that would certainly make an interesting plot twist none of us would have seen coming! Imagine this... the main protagonist enters the throne room & announces, "Your evil reign is over Taimi, prepare to be turned into fertilizer for the pale tree!", then she stares at you, "Pale Tree? Whats that then?" as she throws sylvari wood pieces & kindling onto a nearby bonfire! The protagonist yells out, "BAD TAIMI"... & everything fades to black..... LoL

• Taimi is working on a secret project, she's building a machine body for herself, just like Blish only better. Whole new chapter and all the pathos you could want.

• Zephyron.7081Zephyron.7081 Member ✭✭

Braham needs to die. There had been a build up of him hating the commander and now they're buddy/buddy again? No way. Two alpha-males who just won't make it together as a team. Either kill Braham off or have him go into the mists or something and only have him return periodically in order to fill on plot points....aka, very minor character.

Taimi needs to go. She reminds me too much of Willow Rosenberg on Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV show. She is useful for plot points only. Maybe it's the little kid baby-voice I can't stand. Replace her with an evil male gremlin sounding voice that snarls and doesn't mind putting the commander in harm's way - for science!

• I like Taimi and do not want her killed. My only problem with her is that she, and the Asura in general, have become the Deus Ex Machina of the game. Have problem, an Asura (usually Taimi, but can be a different Asura, especially now that Gorrik and Blish are around) will have a solution or explanation of critical information.

• Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ashen.2907 said:
    Taimi's death wouldnt solve anything. She would quickly be replaced by another asuran technobabble expert.

What should die, IMO, is the over reliance on this one approach to solving almost every problem.

BIngo was his name-o!

They're not going to kill Taimi because they need her as a lazy "cure all", Deus Ex-Machina to solve any and all plot points. Sorry Anet writers, but that particular aspect of the story is getting really tiresome by now...

Don't Asura have anything else, as a race/characters, to contribute to any story...? I'm sure they do if you'd just let them!

Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

• Shanna.4762Shanna.4762 Member ✭✭

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:
    Taimi's death wouldnt solve anything. She would quickly be replaced by another asuran technobabble expert.

What should die, IMO, is the over reliance on this one approach to solving almost every problem.

BIngo was his name-o!

They're not going to kill Taimi because they need her as a lazy "cure all", Deus Ex-Machina to solve any and all plot points. Sorry Anet writers, but that particular aspect of the story is getting really tiresome by now...

Don't Asura have anything else, as a race/characters, to contribute to any story...? I'm sure they do if you'd just let them!

Yeah, other races seem more multifaceted in comparison to the Asura. I would like to know what else they have to them than just their technology and sciences. Maybe that's all there really is to them.

• Everyone's taste is different... I found Tybalt kind of annoying and was actually a bit glad when he died. TBH I like playing through as whispers but I really wish there was an option to have a different mentor than Tybalt. But, Taimi is awesome and must never die. :smiley:

Oh my. I never thought someone would hate Tybalt. When I played through the Vigil story, I hated my mentor dying because there was so much in his back story they barely touched on which really would have impacted the death. The first time through, I didn't even pick up on it until rewatching his death and think oh, I see why now. Tybalt's needing that constant self assurance also dovetailed into his death. I personally like more of everything usually but games just don't lend themselves to story easily. Its rather hard to determine how a character is going to feel if that character is out of your control like our PC.

I didn't hate him... I just found him annoying. People toss that word around way, way too much these days. :/ TBH since he's supposed to be your mentor in the Whispers, and it's a spy organization, I would have strongly preferred someone more like a retired James Bond or Cate Archer (No One Lives Forever) type. Someone like Doern Velasquez or Reil Darkwater... I found Tybalt... disappointing. In fact my first play-through, I'd sort of imagined that I was being groomed to take over as Master of Whispers, so being trained by the current master would've been awesome. But, obviously the story went a different way. ;-)

As a writer myself (no relation to anet) I do agree that story-lines & characters can go in many different directions, is Taimi over-used to explain things & progress the story-line with constant techno-babble... I'd have to say absolutely yes. It would definitely be refreshing to see another asura step into the lime light & give another perspective based on there class & perhaps a different kind of history that was outside the normal scientific asura one. Examples of this would be say an asura that grew up in the wild as a druid or ranger or a asura whom became a thief in one of the other major citys that was orphaned at birth<< these are just ideas of directions anet could go in if they really wanted to, I think those ideas sound more fun & add in some muchly needed depth to different characterizations. If you keep the same tired formula going eventually the wheel does break off the wagon, I would definitely recommend changing things up to keep things new, fresh & interesting.

• TheDraco.3965TheDraco.3965 Member ✭✭

Braham should have been aborted from the womb before he was allowed to exist. I have not seen such an unlikable, irredeemable, completely inept kitten character since Wakka from Final Fantasy X.

• Vanity Flare.8539Vanity Flare.8539 Member ✭✭
    edited July 9, 2018

Think you meant Tidus.

Tuni needs to die definitely and asap. I stopped playing because of a combination of Tummy/the mount loot box fiasco and the human female's voice actress.

The lady that voices her is literally everywhere in gaming, human female here, several, several SEVERAL characters/bosses/guardians in WoW not to mention tons of other voice work over the years. I'm honestly just sick of hearing her after so many years in so many games.

If they don't give us some form of beautiful Largos/nymph/mermaid/fairy playable main character with an enjoyable feminine voice actress, permanently kill of Tomei and stop the vicious gem store practices I don't think I'll ever play again quite honestly.

At this point I can forgive a bit of the gem store stuff since they've been bleeding players for awhile and I can choose to not spend, but I simply cannot listen to the human female's voice actor or Tuna any longer. Christ at this point I would actually spend real money JUST to buy a feminine race with a good voice actress.

Toss in a bard class with songs you can combo to make different effects and an above racial/voice option you fully got a customer back.

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Oglaf.1074 said:

^ This ^

Also, don't other races have something to contribute to the story? Besides impromptu fodder as soldiers?

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:

^ This ^

Also, don't other races have something to contribute to the story? Besides impromptu fodder as soldiers?

Yeah, it is dreadfully boring and humancentric.

Always been since we set foot in Elonia (i.e PoF and onwards).

I'm really, really hoping for the plot to focus on Jormag so that the Norns get their turn in the spotlight...

Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:

^ This ^

I'm really, really hoping for the plot to focus on Jormag so that the Norns get their turn in the spotlight...

Weird, I would have thought the opposite.

All of the important characters are non human (not counting a human commander).

Asuran, Norn, Charr, and Sylvari NPCs drive the story.

@Ashen.2907 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:

^ This ^

Irrelevant when they're "driving" an extremely human-centric story.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:

^ This ^

A point was made asking if the non human races had something to contribute to the story. Non humans are the primary contributors to the story.

@Ashen.2907 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:

^ This ^

A point was made asking if the non human races had something to contribute to the story. Non humans are the primary contributors to the story.

Which again is irrelevant to the point I was making - and you quoted me as if responding to me directly.

Ok this is me having a little bit of fun here..... but... imagine the next expansion comes out & its all about Jormag, you have Taimi making her way across a frozen glacier, she is inside her "new & improved golem", thinking she is invincible... she skids along the frozen ice going "Weeeee", Jormag suddenly drops down from the skys above, it looks down at her in amusement as she continues sliding across the ice.... the dragon then tail whips her & she flies hundreds of feet upwards into the air, Jormag opens its jaws & swallows her whole as she falls back towards the earth... the dragon unleashes a defeaning satisfied BUUURP & seemingly smiles.... behold the end of Taimi....! <<Hope that made someone smile LoL

@CJH.2879 said:
    Ok this is me having a little bit of fun here..... but... imagine the next expansion comes out & its all about Jormag, you have Taimi making her way across a frozen glacier, she is inside her "new & improved golem", thinking she is invincible... she skids along the frozen ice going "Weeeee", Jormag suddenly drops down from the skys above, it looks down at her in amusement as she continues sliding across the ice.... the dragon then tail whips her & she flies hundreds of feet upwards into the air, Jormag opens its jaws & swallows her whole as she falls back towards the earth... the dragon unleashes a defeaning satisfied BUUURP & seemingly smiles.... behold the end of Taimi....! <<Hope that made someone smile LoL

Not really into vore, mah dude....

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:

^ This ^

Which again is irrelevant to the point I was making - and you quoted me as if responding to me directly.

As you were specifically quoting a post about whether or not human races had something to contribute to the story it seemed on point.

• Mea.5491Mea.5491 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Aodlop.1907 said:

1. Tybalt is overrated, I prefer Sieran. <3
    2. Taimi will find a way to upload her mind into a golem in case she dies. She made a comment about Blish in season4 episode2 something like he can live without limitations, I don't have the exact words but it was obvious to me that Taimi was planning something... Anyway, that means Taimi will live forever as a golem and that makes me happy. :)
  • update: after completing the new living world scenario today, "a star to guide us" it looks like our little friend is truly on borrowed time. Without going into any big spoilers, besides one, so quit reading now.... ok you've been warned... she finally admits she is dying. She even wants to be able to go out and make a difference when she goes... like someone else just did in the episode. Won't say who so to not spoil everything. She's come to terms with her imminent death and just wants to die a hero. To make a true difference.

Now of course we can always try to save her. Or she might be smart enough to save herself. Maybe She will be magically healed by other forces (hint sylvarri), or maybe she will just fuse with her golem or become one. Who knows. But as of right now she's terminally ill and on the road to the afterlife. Will be interesting if they chose to save her, let her die tragically, or let her die a hero.

• @Chrono.6928 said:
    update: after completing the new living world scenario today, "a star to guide us" it looks like our little friend is truly on borrowed time. Without going into any big spoilers, besides one, so quit reading now.... ok you've been warned... she finally admits she is dying. She even wants to be able to go out and make a difference when she goes... like someone else just did in the episode. Won't say who so to not spoil everything. She's come to terms with her imminent death and just wants to die a hero. To make a true difference.

Now of course we can always try to save her. Or she might be smart enough to save herself. Maybe She will be magically healed by other forces (hint sylvarri), or maybe she will just fuse with her golem or become one. Who knows. But as of right now she's terminally ill and on the road to the afterlife. Will be interesting if they chose to save her, let her die tragically, or let her die a hero.

She's going to be the next Blish, she's going to merge herself with Sparky 2.0 and be Taimi 2.0.

• Eros.6801Eros.6801 Member ✭✭✭

Do not touch Taimi nor turn her into golem like Blish do you hear me Anet ?

Meanwhile !! Braham is unexpectedly nice again.....my dream would never come true ( which is punch him in the face once for god sake )

MEH !!!

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.