Alpha Beetle quest bugged

First of all: All the needed NPCs to kill for the last collection go down in like 2-3s, enjoy getting a hit.

And the alpha beetle in SW doesnt even spawn properly, its up for half a second (didnt appear on screen, only on minimap) and gone right away. People werent even standing at its spawning point for pre-hitting or something. Nope, just the usual stuff: implent stuff and dont test it.

alpha beetle event has existed wayyyyy before living season 4 even existed, i've never seen an issue with it. it may be that your screen is loading so many players it struggles to load enemies as well as the players surrounding it's spawn.

but, if you're having trouble, remember thousands of people are trying to get beetle now- core events except for sw/dry top meta + world bosses (especially not alpha beetle, which isn't even a group event) weren't made for more than a few people - even core group events were generally only designed for 3-7 on level players at most.

they will die quickly. toxic spider queen dies quickly. junundu are getting rekt. even the world bosses for these collections are barley lasting more than a minute. if you're having issues tagging something try again in a couple weeks time when lots of ppl will have already gotten beetle and be doing other stuff.

No loading screen, for everyone on the map the Icon for the event appeared, but the NPC didnt. No one was standing where the NPC spawned regarding the minimap position.

I did the Spider before, 3 seconds are still enough time to hit it. But the beetle didnt even appear.

If you're wondering why it isn't spawning, somebody has to kill one of the giant beetles in the northeast of the Far Silverwastes to trigger it. The event has a 15-minuite cooldown.

You also may be standing in the wrong spot. From what I've seen, it spawns underneath the rock overhang, north of where you've probably been waiting.

The OP is right. It's not that others killing it fast. And it definitely does not spawn every 15 minutes. The bug that it appears for half a second and seen only on the minimap is real. It does that (as the wiki page mentions that as possible alternative spawn point) in the upper left corner of Far Silverwastes When I did it on Wednesday it was a large group, we waited at least 45 minutes for the first spawn, it was the minimap half second bip, then the second was about a half an hour later and even with the large group it went down relatively slower than a seconds and most of us could get a hit.

(The worst part of the collection are the worms, especially the Desolation one.)

The most recent patch made this event a champion group event. That should hopefully help with getting enough hits/damage in for the reward. Maybe it also helps the beetle to be a little more predictable in where it spawns. This patch also made changes to the drop rate for some other materials for the last collection. That is good news for all the players playing with/in Sulphur :)

• 2 years later...

So I killed all beetles, big ones small ones in Far Silverwastes, got time to killed Mordem Wolf, nothing works. Bring on alpha beetle

Other mentioninghttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Talk:Kill_the_alpha_beetle#:~:text=It%20can%20spawn%20immediately%20after,always%20interrupted%20by%20other%20players)..)Discussionhttps://reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/8whi11/the_alpha_beetle/

Bottom line, I still not getting my beetle feed. Inscribed shards also is a pain

[update]

Inscribed shards - You can get some more from merchants from Eye of North. Plus that 2 NPCs in Dabiji Hollows, if you have enough shards to exchange 1 day should be enough.

Champion beetle - Out of frustration, I started taking out all the beetles in the zone. All kind of beetles. In about 2 rounds the Champion finally spawned Location: Cave where the baby beetles hangout with mummy beetle) Suggestion is 3 person, but if you very strong might try to solo it. But bear in mind high cost of next respawn time.

Have fun