Can't double click in the game.

I can't double click in the game. [bag of Luck] can only open this by right clicking and selecting use... but i want to double click it. Can't create new character since it requires double clicking the empty character slot. Can't change keybinds since it requires double clicking. Guild Wars 2 is the only game that has this problem. I have tried different solutions and nothing works.Different mouse, different mouse buttons, even keyboard wont double click. I have the chrome remote on my phone and even my phone can't double click in the game. I tried repairing the game files but there was nothing wrong. I waited for the new patch if it would fix the problem and it didn't. I have a support ticket about this but ArenaNet is probably swarmed by those at the moment. ShadowPlay is not the cause since I have uninstalled and reinstalled it as possible solution...

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Whilst you await assistance, know that creating a new character does not require any double-clicking. Click once on the empty character slot, then click once on the 'Create' button.

Good luck.

Hmm, when i click the empty slot it just stays in my current character :IEdit: tried even with arrow keys and cant select the empty slot.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Whilst you await assistance, know that creating a new character does not require any double-clicking. Click once on the empty character slot, then click once on the 'Create' button.

All you need to do is click the Create button, no matter which slot is selected.

Well, can't create still only play is option.

• 7 months later...

Had same problem of being unable to double click to use anything. Wasn't able to fix by unplugging mouse, repairing game and reinstalling. Ended up deleting user files in C:\Users\"USER"\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2 which got rid of my saved game settings but did fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally figured out that it was the driver for the USB hub in my Samsung monitor that was messing up my ability to double click. Showed up as "Generic Superspeed USB Hub" in Windows device manager. Could double click when it wasn't attached and couldn't when it was. Had to scrub my hard drive and do a clean install to completely get rid of it but haven't had it happen again since I stopped connecting that hub to my PC.

Archived