Plaguedoctor stats?

What do you think these stats are good for? Some sort of support is the assumption, I presume: Major condi damage and vitality, minor healing power and concentration.

What examples of classes/specs and circumstances do you think this might work?

Scourge healer in <game mode ... maybe WvW>? Seems unlikely, but who knows.Hybrid burn/heal firebrand?

Discussion encouraged.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Sojourner.4621 said:I was thinking condi/support tempest myself, for havoc/roaming, it's pretty easy to cap or come close to cap on burn duration even without expertise for ele.

Same for guardian and engi. Berserker too but the stat combo is probably not relevant to berserker

Oh yeah for sure Guard... I'd have to really think over what utility engi would really gain from this stat set, I've never looked at engi long enough to see if its burns really overlap at all with its support like Tempest/Firebrand/Scourge can... someone had already mentioned firebrand or scourge though so I didn't think it necessary to elaborate on those.

@Zushada.6108 said:We have talked in Guild that it has potential for FB and Druid. Hypothesizing rather than a Druid running full Vipers or Harriers run Plaguedoctor to get a little more DPS out of a Heal Druid.

Won't do much for a heal druid, since its main weapons don't have a great condi output. And in case of a condi druid, it will certainly increase your healing while in avatar, but on the other hand you'll sacrifice a lot of damage by having no expertise. A hybrid support-dps FB would make more use of it, but then we see how often seraph stats are used, and they are better for PvE than this one.

@Cjam.8634 said:To me it seems like a no brainer to put it on support fb but was wondering if someone else has done it with success in t4s and possibly raids

Well you suffer from a loss of expertise, so why bother buffing your condition damage if you can do better support gear? The problem I would guess is that Healing power is a minor in a four stat whereas Harrier has it on a 3 stat, so you get better support

I would say that it could be interesting if one stat was swapped for expertise which condi builds really need in PvE

For Firebrand it would be interesting if Vitality was swapped for Expertise since a Guardian cannot get much use out of Vitality

For Scourge I would imagine a support build where the Concentration is swapped for expertise.

Both of these could options have been interesting mixed support DPS options but with the current state plaguedoctor offers us I doubt it. Maybe in WvW???

I've been messing with the idea of a supportive soulbeast, something that can leverage the supportive beast types, blast/whirl finishers and access to fields. Condi damage can take advantage of the Vitality -> Expertise conversion built into the class. I'm terrible at builds, but thinking something like this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNMQNBlQD7kRFokFsjXwhXgoFsQJYORuKXPLP32bLuNBgGXEIljEnoiA-jxhXQBfU9HRqEEA7PESlfdU3QouIA15JAQKgFlZB-eThe concentration is particularly important on this build, as it can allow for close to 100% protection uptime (which also affects conditions and heals you).

Archived