Kourna : No Beetle Mount races?!?!

Honestly the Kourna map has ZERO beetle mount races unlike all the other PoF maps. It does however have several beetle timed trials (which aren't races) or think of it like HoT adventures but with out the mount. I think it would have been fun to race against your fellow player and watch them all uncontrollably veer off course. :D

There is plenty of space on this map and in Veldrunner Drifts to set up a race course of some kind through the area, breaking walls, making turns , getting big air, doing tricks. Sad they left this out and so much more. Instead they force you to go and be active in other old maps for achievements. Smart way of not having to design anything new, IC. :/

i can only guess that the delay of the patch launch this time was due to major coding issues which left little time to design new things to fill this map/ polish it. Maybe make more use out of Elon Basin, Kondor Crossing and Yohlon Bluffs for achievements rather then going outside the map or just space to ride around on and random mobs that serve little purpose. I mean there is a huge, HUUUUGE pond? over on the side of the map i don't have cleared on this toon with the "Pond Scum" achievement broodmother drake. Huge area and barely anything going on over there. Perfect place for some hidden/ secret passageways like in other parts of the map. It's Beautiful but boring.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:Um, there is one. The beetle training race, race UI, leaderboard. Should expect more races in next maps.Race events in previous PoF maps aren’t limited to what mount you can use though, except the Griffon courses.

Its a timed trial, not a race with multiple other players at same time. There are no beams of light you have to navigate around.Yes, while in other maps you can use other mounts, but each map has race courses laid out for their mounts, not that you will use them.Elon River - skimmer over deep water bits, Oasis -raptor leaping over cliffs(obviously jackals can be used too but those came later), As you mentioned griffons have there own courses. Jackals - have there own teleport race track. Springers - even has some big leaps that can be useful in highlands. And roller beetles have none.

Archived