Easier support class for fractals ?

Haziq.3907

I have been thinking of creating either a healer druid or a boon chronomancer for the higher level fractals and eventually raids but was wondering if druid is indeed the easier class to play ? I have been reading the rotations at https://discretize.eu/builds/ranger/boon-druid but I feel like its kinda weird for me to follow a rotation when playing as a healer. I thought I would only be going into CA when the party is taking a lot of damage.

Druid isn't just a healer, it's a buffer. Rotation only matters for keeping up boons and buffs as much as you can (which is your primary role, you can heal effectively on any other class, but none of them bring good buffs), other heals should be used when needed.

@steki.1478 said:Druid isn't just a healer, it's a buffer. Rotation only matters for keeping up boons and buffs as much as you can (which is your primary role, you can heal effectively on any other class, but none of them bring good buffs), other heals should be used when needed.

^ Basically this. Your ca is your 10 man 25 might stack, healing is just a side benefit your team gets when they need it while you're doing the rotation for it. Your healing as a druid comes from your regen ticks, sigil of water/renewal, heal skill (healing spring/ glyph), blasting water fields, and your staff skills. Personally, I find chrono easier to play, but that's because I've spent more time playing her than my ranger.

In general, druid is easier than chrono by a fair margin, since there actually isn't much of a rotation. The only opportunity for druid to become something like stressful is a scattered fractal team that's eating craptons of damage; there, you'll notice the inability to heal more severely than a chrono's inability to share his boons. But then no one is obliged to heal endless degrees of stupidity, and scattering far away is very stupid.

Concerning your avatar, judge whether you need it for healing urgently or not. If you know a phase is coming where you need burst heals, make sure you have it for that phase. If there's only a slow trickle of incoming damage, use it for the might rotation.

Ty all. Yes, I find it difficult to keep the team alive if everyone is taking a lot of damage and are scattered. I feel like im not doing my job when people get downed but its so difficult to heal people when they are split and running about. Which led me to ask if it is easier to play a chrono. I guess I should also ask if a chrono or druid is more helpful for unorganized fractal groups.

@Haziq.3907 said:Ty all. Yes, I find it difficult to keep the team alive if everyone is taking a lot of damage and are scattered. I feel like im not doing my job when people get downed but its so difficult to heal people when they are split and running about. Which led me to ask if it is easier to play a chrono. I guess I should also ask if a chrono or druid is more helpful for unorganized fractal groups.

I am chrono main and the same thing (bad grouping) is bad for chrono too since your party miss some of your buffs. But chrono can work around it by pulling mobs to one place so everyone will need to go close together. And for unorganised groups i would say chrono is more helpful since he can cover might and fury if you dont have druid but druid cannot cover pquickness/alacrity

For unorganised fractal groups, I'd say it's the other way around - druid is more helpful than chrono. Quickness and alacrity are important to kill stuff quickly, but then an unorganised group usually cannot be expected to be capable of doing that. Quickness won't help someone who does no damage in the first place. However, such groups can be expected to eat a ton of unnecessary damage, so healing becomes much more important than elsewhere. Might, fury and possibly protection & stability from the spirits complement the superior healing capabilities nicely.

Archived