Indomitable Courage doesn't break stun on Firebrand

Falx.8427

Tome of Courage gains stability when Indomitable Courage is equipped but doesn't break stun.This is clearly a bug? It's weird because me and a lot of other players gave Anet feedback about this problem during Beta ...

You fixed the stab issue earlier tonight, but the stun break bug is still there.

@Falx.8427 said:Tome of Courage gains stability when Indomitable Courage is equipped but doesn't break stun.This is clearly a bug? It's weird because me and a lot of other players gave Anet feedback about this problem during Beta ...

You fixed the stab issue earlier tonight, but the stun break bug is still there.

Hey Falx, has there been bug reports filed as they are the best avenue for issues like this in game.

From Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

@Cave Rock.4869 said:

@Falx.8427 said:Tome of Courage gains stability when Indomitable Courage is equipped but doesn't break stun.This is clearly a bug? It's weird because me and a lot of other players gave Anet feedback about this problem during Beta ...

Hey Falx, has there been bug reports filed as they are the best avenue for issues like this in game.

From Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

I've filed plenty of bug reports regarding this issue since Beta. They fixed the stab but managed to forget about the stun break, weird.

@Cave Rock.4869 said:We need to also consider that perhaps the trait isn't even meant to work with 'Tome' of Courage, like it could be that the stability ain't even meant to be working and that is the bug? Falx or Rabbit, any update or changes yet?

It actually doesn't say that Tome of Courage breaks stun like it does on Virtue of Courage, so yeah, maybe it's not supposed to work on the Tome. But then I think it's weird/dull that they've chosen not to include stun break when you're on Firebrand.

@"Cave Rock.4869" said:We need to also consider that perhaps the trait isn't even meant to work with 'Tome' of Courage, like it could be that the stability ain't even meant to be working and that is the bug? Falx or Rabbit, any update or changes yet?

I've had the same concern. But I am pretty sure Tomes are meant to alter vitues, not replace them:... manifesting your Virtues as mystic tomes. ...Not to mention it would make most of the Virtues spec useless if they did not work on the tomes.

Now that I think about it, most other core specs would have the same issue:As you can see here

Indomitable Courage is very much meant to work with the Tome cast. It's not the only on-virtue trait we have. You can cleanse 3 condis with Absolute Resolution when you cast F2, and blind foes with F1, and get all the various boons from Inspired Virtues.

And Indomitable Courage still works with Tome of Courage, you get the stability, but not the stun break. But the stability is only applied after the cast time is over, when that's not the case for DH's Shield of Courage.

The problem this causes is that if F3 is interrupted, it goes on full cooldown because of the trait, and without the stability, it can happen very easily. So, the trait actually hurts the functionality of the skill in its current implementation.

@RabbitUp.8294 said:Indomitable Courage is very much meant to work with the Tome cast. It's not the only on-virtue trait we have. You can cleanse 3 condis with Absolute Resolution when you cast F2, and blind foes with F1, and get all the various boons from Inspired Virtues.

And Indomitable Courage still works with Tome of Courage, you get the stability, but not the stun break. But the stability is only applied after the cast time is over, when that's not the case for DH's Shield of Courage.

The problem this causes is that if F3 is interrupted, it goes on full cooldown because of the trait, and without the stability, it can happen very easily. So, the trait actually hurts the functionality of the skill in its current implementation.

this

@drgast.1469 said:You get the stun break when stowing the tome not activating it. Activate Tome of Courage and then mouse over it again and you'll see the stun break.

Thanks for the info. Was wondering where the stun break went. But, stun break on stow is practically useless. The tome offers so much stability, and there's no offensive capabilities while on Tome of Courage. Giving stun break on stow is a really lousy idea and renders the trait useless on Firebrand...

• 2 weeks later...

As far as the interaction between ToC and the stun-break of Indomitable Courage goes, I see absolutely no difference between ToC on Firebrand and SoC on Dragonhunter. Both are casted skills but for SoC when traited, you break stun, immediately receive stability (and other related boons) and are THEN locked into a casting animation (which is interruptible if you dodge/stow weapon) before finally popping the shield and regaining freedom to cast other skills.

It doesn't take someone with any knowledge of coding to know that ToC could easily function in the exact same way, so it must be a bug that Indomitable Courage isn't working properly with ToC.

Archived