Could there ever be a chance of 15vs15 arena?

King Latif.6903

I understand that the alliance system will be coming in the future but one thing that the alliances wont do will be to actually rank the guilds on a table. Yes the community of WvW will know what guild is best but not having a leader board for it just isn't the same. I really do hope for some sort of arena which you can join and participate in a tournament. I reckon you guys have already thought about this but my question is would you EVER implement something like this?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gvg is pretty dead... just look at the last na gvg tournie, half those guilds didn't belong there.Would have probably been amazing if in the early years they had 5v5 10v10 15v15 guild arena seasons with rankings.

They should also still probably still think still maybe still do still something still about still MAKING OBSIDIAN SANCTUM MEGASERVER'D.

It needs to be megaservered and have a join feature like the guild hall. This would allow colored teams, 2-3 teams, as well as a free for all option.

Without team assignment, you couldn't fight guilds on your own server. Never mind those in a different tier that are the same color as you.

@XenesisII.1540 said:gvg is pretty dead... just look at the last na gvg tournie, half those guilds didn't belong there.Would have probably been amazing if in the early years they had 5v5 10v10 15v15 guild arena seasons with rankings.

They should also still probably still think still maybe still do still something still about still MAKING OBSIDIAN SANCTUM MEGASERVER'D.

These are nice suggestions its just as you said, its like they never had an intrest in 15vs15 for some reason and I really do hope they do some thing sooner or later

@XenesisII.1540 said:gvg is pretty dead... just look at the last na gvg tournie, half those guilds didn't belong there.Would have probably been amazing if in the early years they had 5v5 10v10 15v15 guild arena seasons with rankings.

Would be nice for them to have gvg tournaments going on the side with their own special hosted area - I wonder whatever happened to the gvg plans they had before, it just disappeared out of thin air or was never brought up again.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@"XenesisII.1540" said:gvg is pretty dead... just look at the last na gvg tournie, half those guilds didn't belong there.Would have probably been amazing if in the early years they had 5v5 10v10 15v15 guild arena seasons with rankings.

Would be nice for them to have gvg tournaments going on the side with their own special hosted area - I wonder whatever happened to the gvg plans they had before, it just disappeared out of thin air or was never brought up again.

Here ya go pal!

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/42973/pvp-features-in-progress-updated-june-8-2018#latest

“Increased tournament capacity”

@joneirikb.7506 said:Hmm, didn't one of the Dev's mention sometime earlier this year, that they'd look into the possibility of 15vs15 arena for pvp? Or is my memory completely off the rockers?

i remember them saying anything bigger then 10v10 and they would have to write a bunch more code.i think our best bet is to hope for a copy paste swiss tournament infrastructure from pvp into the guild hall system.

If they did anything to OS they would also need to make it a larger area and add a few features, higher/lower ground, etc to make the battles more than just bore fest blob wars. They could have instances and battles from 5v5 up to 30v30, leader boards at each level and maybe even some small rewards for winning a match.

Of course, gvg should have been a feature since day one, so by now they have totally missed the boat.

• ArenaNet Staff

So we have a couple things in progress. First, is a new section of EOTM that is just an open arena that's suitable for large fights if people choose. I've been working on it this week and it's pretty far along.

Second, we have a custom arena map in progress. The map is being setup for larger deathmatches. However, it uses the sPvP stat and armor system, which many GvGers also won't be interested in. Custom arenas also have a limitation of 10v10 currently.

We still have no current plans to ever have GvG be a fully supported game mode, but we did want to do a few things for the fervent GvGers out there!

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:So we have a couple things in progress. First, is a new section of EOTM that is just an open arena that's suitable for large fights if people choose. I've been working on it this week and it's pretty far along.

Second, we have a custom arena map in progress. The map is being setup for larger deathmatches. However, it uses the sPvP stat and armor system, which many GvGers also won't be interested in. Custom arenas also have a limitation of 10v10 currently.

We still have no current plans to ever have GvG be a fully supported game mode, but we did want to do a few things for the fervent GvGers out there!

hi ben. an option to reset cooldowns for that 10v10 dm would be great. thanks.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:So we have a couple things in progress. First, is a new section of EOTM that is just an open arena that's suitable for large fights if people choose. I've been working on it this week and it's pretty far along.

Custom arena code should already handle that between rounds.

Any plans to restore any part of the WXP output of EotM or otherwise make it more rewarding to play? I play it just for what it is, but even being ALL players that are my colour this week, it's too vacant. No pips is also a big part of it.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

A good interim solution would be for WvW balance to extend to the guild hall arena. Would that be a possible change?

It's very bad right now especially because of the WvW exclusive nerf to classes like Scourge and PVE mechanics like Retal and Loss Aversion. Scourge DPS basically doubles in guild hall as they do not get the shade nerfs from WvW for example.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Evolute.6239 said:

A good interim solution would be for WvW balance to extend to the guild hall arena. Would that be a possible change?

It's very bad right now especially because of the WvW exclusive nerf to classes like Scourge and PVE mechanics like Retal and Loss Aversion. Scourge DPS basically doubles in guild hall as they do not get the shade nerfs from WvW for example.

We've investigated it a bit. It's still too early to say yes or no on. Let's just say, it's not really an easy thing to do.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

We've investigated it a bit. It's still too early to say yes or no on. Let's just say, it's not really an easy thing to do.

It being investigated is still good!

It's just a bit hard still to organize in EOTM because of colours, but guild hall is so far from the reality of WvW it's hard to do much with it currently. Doing guild in house events there can be a bit of a chore sometimes :astonished:

Appreciate the communication as always.

If eotm had pips and then they added in PoF currencies with those desert coffer things as well as give you some kind of choice between tome of knowledge or some currency it would bolster both eotm and wvw. Pretty much both end up being around half of our rewards and just collect dust with the all the pve junk too. As well or either adding those crates from PoF to the skirmish chest vendor and maybe some time in the future vendor with skirmish rewards based on wvw rank.

Archived