Unable to login into characters in Lion's Arch

Try guesting to the full servers, which should get you into a different instance. You can use -maploadinfo to confirm the IP on the loading screen. For less populated maps where multiple instances aren't available, you'll need to use a VPN. This is assuming your problem is connecting to specific IPs; Russia for example was/is blocking some of them.

I've also got the exact same issue. I've got two characters stuck in LA which I can't log into without the game crashing. So I can confirm that everything was fine until I went to LA. Started happening right after the newest patch update, so it has almost been a week that things have been bugged this way.

• 3 weeks later...

@Nokomis.5076 said:I remember someone in the forum saying, that lowering your graphic settings before logging into crowded areas should help. Maybe you can try this once.

In addition, add -windowed to your Gw2.exe (or Gw2-64.exe) shortcut, launch the game that way, than switch to fullscreen. Can decrease loading times drastically (there seems to be a local issue causing this, don't know whether it's Windows or game related).

Archived