Performance has tanked since the latest patch.

I play on an AMD Ryzen 5 1400 and the game ran very smoothly up until this patch. I'm not sure what was changed but now I get choppiness and stuttering as if it's still loading assets. It's worse on the new map but seems to have effected the entire game to a smaller degree for me.

To clarify a bit more I'm on Windows 10 as well. I have no idea why the game is behaving poorly lately, not even the Istan meta put a dent in my performance but since this update it's gone downhill.

Windows 10 update has reset core parking if you had that disabled before, and is more aggressive now. You'll need to get it disabled again via Core Parker Manager since Regedit is more or less safe to fiddle with. Might be why your CPU struggles if you haven't look'd it's usage.

Also try to turn off anything that takes up draw calls like Shadows to None, Environment to Low, Models Limit to low, Reflections to None. Everything else is more GPU bound while animations I haven't found them to have any impact at all when set to low.

Windows turned my power usage to normal instead of high performance. It helped a bit but it's still nowhere near pre-patch even when I'm not in Kourna. Something is amiss here and I don't know what. All my cores were already active as well.

I ran a hardware check and everything's fine there.

Archived