We need more condi dmg reduction skills/utilities as condi clear is mostly redundant

Arheundel.6451

As condi removal is now mostly pointless against the massive condi burst powercreep from condi mirage-condi thief -scourge and other outliers I'd say it's about time to introduce condi damage reduction gear/skills/utilities for the professions who have no access to condi burst....it would make sense in my opinion as this point seen as there is no real intention to nerf condi burst in this game and condi removal as stated in the title is redundant , it didn't keep up with the condi power creep.

I am not suggesting ofc to introduce broken stuff , I would say utilities/skills that reduce condi dmg by 20-30% on 40-50s CD and lasting 10-12s...they would give players a fightning chance against the massive condi burst.

Now I expect the whole "no more powercreep" chants...yah...sadly it has been 4 years now and condi burst has not been addressed and won't be for the foreseeable future so....

I dont Agree, i think Conditions need to be normalized:1- SINGLE PLAYER conditions stack on DURATION.2- MULTIPLE PLAYERS conditions stack on INTENSITY.3- REBALANCE condition duration, damage and application.

-Bleading can become an easy to keep up preasure condition.-Fire can become a hard to keep up "bursty" condition.-Confusion can become a harder to keep up defensive condition, with higher damage.-Torment an Poison mid tier conditions.-If you want to make classes that revolve around fewer conditions, you introduce traits that increase their damage to compensate for the missing others and balance application acordingly.

If you think condition damage is bad in spvp, in wvw its even worst.

Even though I agree with you largely, my question is how would this be implemented?

I am very much against the idea of a another new general boon since asymmetrical boon spamming capacities are IMO one of the reasons why this game tends to be often imbalanced and why certain classes have almost useless skill sets and traitlines with no viable build possible for them. Rather, Anet could identify certain builds and implement a trait that grants "condition control" when you do X but on a reasonable period. For example, give guardian a trait that when you grant protection, you also grant resistance (random on-the-spot example, don't take it seriously).

Another possibility is to make Armor reduce condition damage, but on a far, far smaller scale than it does to power based damage

Resistance is underused, that's the problem. If condition damage would tone down a bit after cleansing it for a certain amount of time for specifically the condition you removed or like 50% reduction give or take for all damage conditions. It would already be more balanced than giving everyone access to resistance with specific cleansing skills. It could work but it would make skills like berserker stance require changes and plain immunity sounds a bit too OP.

Thats why there should be a status like "Exhausted" that reduces condition damage after using a cleansing utility for like 5 seconds or so to deny all the stupid easy spam and pressure. Could call the status "Conditioned" or something related to the immunity system in some way, but for damaging conditions. Sounds clever enough.

Cleasing Fire, Shake It Off, Elixir C, Smite Conditions... etc.

Because as it is, you can potentially pressure enough and still have more to pour on afterward which makes cleasing utilities mostly pointless. This keeps delibitating conditions effective while making damaging conditions less effective, punishing facerolls.

Condition duration is also a thing, but its best keeping it universal since some professions can benefit a lot from that which is far from being OP.

Please ANET, just do something about the spam, stuff like Mirage is relentless, confusion and torment completely disables you, even if you stay still and dont use any skills you still get damaged anyway too. Most of the time once you get stuck in a whirlpool of conditions you're basically already dead if you don't have a hardcore amount of recovery, while as a joke. For power all it takes is just as simple heal to get back in the fight with some kitting.

Condition damage reduction after a specific cleanse skill sounds quite ideal. Renegade does it and it shows no sight of being OP even though it doesn't cleanse either, just very useful to discourage faceroll and punish a build for it's lack of power. Toughness does it for power, I know vitality is supposed to be for conditions, but it doesn't cut it well as it requires healing power along the way while toughness doesn't.

@Milan.9035 said:

agreed 100%.

mirage and scourge, what else is there really? they need to buff condi specs on most classes.

You've never faced a sage daredevil before? Most condi builds would be viable if it wasn't for the outliers being better 200% easier in the first place.

The spam is relentless and not even on timing anything right. It's constant faceroll with one specific utility to spam. Such as evade, at least the scourge has barrier to apply properly with energy but it still comes down to how stupidly spammy it is.

They shouldn't buff damage on anything. Thats gonna encourage and force people to build against conditions even more, all it takes to counter power is a healing skill, conditions needs to be entirely focused on, it kills diversity. A cleansing skill that reduces condition damage for a few seconds is far from being OP. Nerfing condition damage on the outliers would make other builds relevant again.

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:Most classes don't even have viable condition builds any more thanks to the rampant condition cleanse already available, and you want more?

I don't see what rampant condi cleansing you're talking about, you mean that people always build fully against condi because it's so easy to spam and otherwise impossible to deal with?

Most classes do have viable condi builds, it's simply too hard for people to understand how being passive aggressive is that they need something to constantly press to avoid damage rather than time a block, blind or interrupt right.

Most conditions builds have very short cooldowns for that reason, being able to reduce damage intensity after a cleanse isn't OP whatsoever, it eases the pressure so that it's not stupid, making so that people don't have to just continuously play builds so cleanse oriented that all they have left do deal with power is said healing skill.

The majority of the skills in this game are not used because theres no reliable way to deal with condi other than fully being build against it.

You arer playing a different game.

Why the hell people take toughness? They need to nerf power so i dont have to build on taking damage.

Seeing what you all writen saddens me so much. Because if the majority is like you condi engi will never be a thing.

Lets hope the game becomes 100% power so you guys can be happy. What a boring game this would become.

@Milan.9035 said:You arer playing a different game.

Why the hell people take toughness? They need to nerf power so i dont have to build on taking damage.

Seeing what you all writen saddens me so much. Because if the majority is like you condi engi will never be a thing.

Lets hope the game becomes 100% power so you guys can be happy. What a boring game this would become.

I play Herald Shiro revenant all the time against everything this game has to offer me. Even if I had my suggestion added to the game, I still wouldn't have it accessible to me, it's like people refuse to accept condition pressure is stupid and they prefer have people entirely build against it rather than have an actual useful utility that would compliment a build to have something else than just being a bunker against conditions. The point of conditions is to wear down people, not play like it's power. You are expected to avoid damage, what's so hard to understand about that?

Nobody uses condi cleansing skills unless thats the only option they have and even then, it's still not enough because the cleanse is RNG, but it can be instantly be reapplied and feel like a waste of the slot.

I have the ability to absorb the absurb condition damage every 30 seconds and cleanse it away every 45 seconds. The reason why I get all my health back from one person only is literally because there's too much. Its fun and all, but for every professions that cant do that, its not.

Giving condition damage reduction effects would allow people to do other things.

Power has protection to be dealt with, conditions does have resistance, but thats just way too much imo. Something equivalent to protection rather than full immunity would be less game breaking. Such as resistance being 33 to 50% less condition damage and instead have complete condition immunity be status oriented like how endure pain works.

Just have some form to mitigate the condition damage pressure after its being removed with specific skills for a moment. That ain't asking for so much with the straight forward fights we always get nowadays.

Archived