Weaver fixed in 3 easy steps

Razor.6392

1. Sword damage, cast times and range revisited.
  2. Attunement swap reduced to 3s and self-attunement to 0.5s (Weave Self reduced to 1.5 and 0.25 respectively)
  3. Dual skills cd reduced by 20%

There are deeper problems in versatility and build defining traits in the Weaver line, but that requires a bigger scope of changes. Barrier as a mechanic could use some love, the dependability on water could be toned down and some damage-only traits need to go in favor of more varied stuff.

There are many threads that say the exact same things already.

I'd like to see 'Twist of Fate' cast immediately, rather than queuing up to be wasted a second too late. I'd also like to see a lot more movement and condition removal built in - not relying on taking a particular trait (invalidating the other two options by its necessity); too many times does stuff just walk away to engage someone else with no decent way to catch up, or I go down to condis. Both these problems can of course be ignored by just using cantrips. Again. Forever.

The barrier on dual skills needs increasing by 100% on base and healing power component by about 50% to both the trait and dual skills. I don’t think weaver needs anything more than a 1s reduction for attunement swap and certainly none of this dual attune faster stuff, the class is about not fully attuning to an element and should remain like that especially when there are options to fully attune much quicker.

The after casts on sword and some dual skills on other weapons also need looking at, there’s a few skills from what I remember have a 1/4s cast yet with cast and after cast take 3/4s to complete. An interrupt during the aftercast still procs traits I believe so this needs addressing.

@apharma.3741 said:The barrier on dual skills needs increasing by 100% on base and healing power component by about 50% to both the trait and dual skills. I don’t think weaver needs anything more than a 1s reduction for attunement swap and certainly none of this dual attune faster stuff, the class is about not fully attuning to an element and should remain like that especially when there are options to fully attune much quicker.

The after casts on sword and some dual skills on other weapons also need looking at, there’s a few skills from what I remember have a 1/4s cast yet with cast and after cast take 3/4s to complete. An interrupt during the aftercast still procs traits I believe so this needs addressing.

Wouldn't it be cool if barrier scaled in power? or a mix of offensive stats.

Kinda tired of everything elementalist being healing power and tanky stats.

The problem here is that unless you slot the Unravel stance, you're really vulnerable by having your 4 and 5 skills on a 4 sec cooldown and not on demand. People have and will die a lot for being 1 second too late on a skill cast, 4 seconds is just... lol. Perhaps just a reduction across the board will do it (3s and 2.5s with arcane).

Yes but that is part of the weaver and the trade off, something that was distinctly lacking with the HoT elites. The issue many have is we have the trade off, the reduction in capability but where’s the benefit? More damage? It’s not there on the sword, it just adds risk without reward and many of the dual skills don’t bring more to the table than forgoing the dual skills entirely in some cases mostly because the barrier provided is extremely small.

@apharma.3741 said:Yes but that is part of the weaver and the trade off, something that was distinctly lacking with the HoT elites. The issue many have is we have the trade off, the reduction in capability but where’s the benefit? More damage? It’s not there on the sword, it just adds risk without reward and many of the dual skills don’t bring more to the table than forgoing the dual skills entirely in some cases mostly because the barrier provided is extremely small.

Well HoT tempest was always mostly near melee dmg it just effect like air overlord are far faster then any dule skill weaver has. Its like they made weaver the slowest version of ele and one of the easiest doable class in the game. You know when a weaver is going to do dmg when its going to heal when its going to jump in etc.. because of both duel swaps and the crazy telegraphing of its duel skills. I think weaver is more predictable then core ele d/d and that was a well known rotation. If your wining as a weaver its because its new and most ppl do not know it yet but once its better knows a weaver should never land lethal dmg vs a human heck even an AI should be able to out play a weaver.

Weaver cant be fixed.

Archived