Update on instance creation failure

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi all,

We hope you’re enjoying the launch of Path of Fire. We’ve been in the game with you this weekend, but also, tracking down and hot-fixing the launch issues that have come up. In particular we’ve been working on the connection and story instance creation problems that have been cropping up during peak hours in Europe. I’m writing to give an update on that.

We quickly identified a root problem, a network connectivity issue between a group of game servers and their character database servers, but as we reconfigured the datacenter to avoid that problem, we introduced a configuration error. Now we’ve tracked down that second error. We believe the issue is resolved, but we can’t know for sure until tomorrow’s peak hours. In the meantime, thank you for bearing with us through this, and know that we’re watching closely and ready to jump in if anything else goes wrong.

Mo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for your hard work! Personally I was fortunate enough to get to play right away, and never had critical problems aside from a few disconnects, infinite loading screens and a single 5-minute rollback. Some of my friends weren't able to get into the Crystal Desert at all, but we all appreciate the work you guys put in over the weekend.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you for your hard work. My girlfriend and I have been affected a lot by all these network errors, but we understand that launches can be unpredictable, and that your office must be pretty much on fire the last days (so that's why it was called Path of Fire after all? :D). What we've been able to see of the expansion has been absolutely amazing though <3 Thank you for keeping us updated!

Masterpieces come with few issues. Just completed the Story and found It the most epic and excited I've ever played in a game. You did such a great job i honestly don't care about any issue i encountered. Ofc i'll still report them , should i find any, so that i can land a hand aswell. We all know you'll solve everything like u've always done for 5+ years since i got into that worms pit with my first Warrior in the Shiverpeaks in that beta testing GW2 . Keep up the great work on this Legend! ;)

Archived