Ley-Infused Lodestone lost

Hi fellow players,For some reason I cannot seem to find my Ley-Infused Lodestone that is supposed to show you the Ley events on the World map (never actually tried it before).It is very much possible that I deleted it accidentally.

According to the wiki site, however, if you go to Magister Ela Makkay, she will give you a new one in exchange for a lodestone. I also have unidentified lodestones on my character, but nothing happens.There is no option to turn it in.

I checked my bank and all my characters, the ley infused one is missing.Is there any way to get a new one?

You should be able to click her last dialogue, "I'm here to talk about the Lodestone I gave you" This will pop up with another window showing 2 dialogue options, and a 3rd option of "I need another Lodestone", which will bring up the merchant tab to buy another Ley-Infused Lodestone with a fine crafting material Lodestone.

This dialogue may only work if you use the same character who originally gave her the Unidentified Lodestone and did the Current Events around it.If you handed in the Unidentified Lodestone, and have the achievement "In Pursuit of Knowledge" the dialogues should work.

@"Haleydawn.3764" said:You should be able to click her last dialogue, "I'm here to talk about the Lodestone I gave you" This will pop up with another window showing 2 dialogue options, and a 3rd option of "I need another Lodestone", which will bring up the merchant tab to buy another Ley-Infused Lodestone with a fine crafting material Lodestone.

This dialogue may only work if you use the same character who originally gave her the Unidentified Lodestone and did the Current Events around it.If you handed in the Unidentified Lodestone, and have the achievement "In Pursuit of Knowledge" the dialogues should work.

Thank you for this, unfortunately, the dialogue option is not available even though I have the achievement.

@zallesz.1650 said:

@"Haleydawn.3764" said:You should be able to click her last dialogue, "I'm here to talk about the Lodestone I gave you" This will pop up with another window showing 2 dialogue options, and a 3rd option of "I need another Lodestone", which will bring up the merchant tab to buy another Ley-Infused Lodestone with a fine crafting material Lodestone.

Thank you for this, unfortunately, the dialogue option is not available even though I have the achievement.

Maybe you could include a screenshot of the dialog you get ...

I think the dialogues are character bound. If you have the Achievement, In Pursuit of Knowledge, you will have the option of re-buying a Ley-Lode on a character. Depends which one you handed in the UnID'd Lode on.

Or, you could just follow the timer for the Ley-Line Anomaly. This lodestone is neither here nor there tbh.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:I think the dialogues are character bound. If you have the Achievement, In Pursuit of Knowledge, you will have the option of re-buying a Ley-Lode on a character. Depends which one you handed in the UnID'd Lode on.

Or, you could just follow the timer for the Ley-Line Anomaly. This lodestone is neither here nor there tbh.

It isn't. The character who did it still has the original lodestone. I have a second lodestone on another character. I have also talked to the NPC on a character that didn't even exist back when the achievement was done and dialog option is still there.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Haleydawn.3764 said:I think the dialogues are character bound. If you have the Achievement, In Pursuit of Knowledge, you will have the option of re-buying a Ley-Lode on
a
character. Depends which one you handed in the UnID'd Lode on.

It isn't. The character who did it still has the original lodestone. I have a second lodestone on another character. I have also talked to the NPC on a character that didn't even exist back when the achievement was done and dialog option is still there.

Oo good to know! I wasn’t sure tbh, but was worth putting in the thought just in case.

I checked with all my characters (including the one that probably got the original one, my previous main), and the dialog option is not there (sorry, screens will come later).The real question is, if the lodestone is lost (deleted perhaps?) how can you get a new one, if the dialogue option is not available for any of your characters?Even though the wiki timer is probably better, I would still like to be able to check this.

@"zallesz.1650" said:

I checked with all my characters (including the one that probably got the original one, my previous main), and the dialog option is not there (sorry, screens will come later).The real question is, if the lodestone is lost (deleted perhaps?) how can you get a new one, if the dialogue option is not available for any of your characters?Even though the wiki timer is probably better, I would still like to be able to check this.

Just to be sure, what Lodestone are you trying to exchange? It is one of these crafting material lodestones, right? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ley-Infused_Lodestone

For some reason, you can't reaquire it with an Unidentified.

@"zallesz.1650" said:

Just to be sure, what Lodestone are you trying to exchange? It
is
one of these
crafting material
lodestones, right?
Yes, I have plenty of all of these. But I also have the unidentified lodestone in my inventory on some characters. The exchange dialogue option does not appear, though.

Have you tried not having the unidentified lodestone in inventory, and a single of one of the others? I'm thinking like how having Quartz in inventory blocks charging Weapon components for HoT collections...

Archived