Any helpful PvE Mirage builds?

Pachimari.2510

Full Vipers gear. Berserker Runes. Sigil of Malice + Sigil of Geomancy. Axe + Torch/Pistol

Dueling: Phantasmal Fury, Evasive Mirror, Superiority ComplexIllusions: Compounding Power, Phantasmal Haste, Phantasmal ForceMirage: Riddle of Sand, Mirrored Axes, Dune Claok

Signet of the Ether, Crystal Sands, Signet of Midnight, Signet of Domination, Jaunt.

You can use a scepter if you want a ranged attack. It's just like regular condi mesmer, except you spam dodges and ambush attacks whenever you can. Throw down 3 phantasmal duelists and start swapping weapons for the Sigil of Geomancy. For groups of enemies, be more liberal with clone spam and shatters.

This build is... alright. In general, mirage isn't too good of a spec, so the most you can get is "serviceable" .

^^ Sums it up. Dont even bother with power with this spec in PvE it does absolutely nothing. Blinking around with jaunt/axe was really fun but even with full damage build the damage is simply not there. As for dungeons and fractals, srsly dont try it. It's simply not worth it, damage is too low. The only niche this build has is that it brings more dps than core mesmer on the few raid bosses where c mesmer is actually useful. Generally this is more of a PvP/WvW spec just like spellbreaker.

Well zoomborg said mirrage has more dmg then Core mesmer, but this damage is still to low for fracts dungeons etc. This would mean core mesmer should NEVER do dungeons and fractals...???Personally im havin great results with cele gear and sinister armor / weapons. Its an open world/wvw build . planin to go grieving armor and weapons with a dire breast ( still cele gear ).With all buffs i hit arround 16-20k dps on golem which is enough for low lvl fracs dungeons etc.Hell i did every dungeon as i was a complete beginner with like 2 k dps or something...

Everyone should remember the torment/confusion update we had.

For lv4 fractals and raids of course the most dmg set - will be set in a few days/weeks. mostly viper + grieving if ur able to get 100% condi durarion through traits , signet , sigils and runes. Maybe only viper + getting last % condi duration from traits ...etc. + runes etc for damage instead. As i said ; no 100% right answer possible for now in my opinion.Ppl hit arroind 32-34 k on dps golem on the first day. This means ; unperfect Rotation, gear, food ..etc.I think we will see 34k + dps in a couple of days and this is seriously not bad.

@FaboBabo.3581 said:Well zoomborg said mirrage has more dmg then Core mesmer, but this damage is still to low for fracts dungeons etc. This would mean core mesmer should NEVER do dungeons and fractals...???Personally im havin great results with cele gear and sinister armor / weapons. Its an open world/wvw build . planin to go grieving armor and weapons with a dire breast ( still cele gear ).With all buffs i hit arround 16-20k dps on golem which is enough for low lvl fracs dungeons etc.kitten i did every dungeon as i was a complete beginner with like 2 k dps or something...

Everyone should remember the torment/confusion update we had.

For lv4 fractals and raids of course the most dmg set - will be set in a few days/weeks. mostly viper + grieving if ur able to get 100% condi durarion through traits , signet , sigils and runes. Maybe only viper + getting last % condi duration from traits ...etc. + runes etc for damage instead. As i said ; no 100% right answer possible for now in my opinion.Ppl hit arroind 32-34 k on dps golem on the first day. This means ; unperfect Rotation, gear, food ..etc.I think we will see 34k + dps in a couple of days and this is seriously not bad.

I see! Thank you!

I have been successfully testing Mirage out in Elona. It seems that You can dispense with Inspiration and take Mirage 2,2,2. For the rest I'm running Illusions and Chaos, a PU build. For testing, I'm using Axe/Torch and Staff with Traveler's runes for speed. You end up with similar healing and better condi removal/stun break. DPS is kitten but it may be a little better than vanilla Mesmer. I haven't finalized sigils yet.

~edit~ Oh and running full dire gear.

Here's a really fun open world pve build:

I don't usually give things a name but in this case I'm going to call it "Infinite Reflections". :)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhQQNAnfWnsnBlphtpBGMDMMjlZjqMAutkxv+7//3cEWhWC-jByHABKfKFmXVnx13skyvd2fYOlgJqWAAPpgAAIAzsMLzZmMn5Mn5ZOzZOzZOz+uMn5Mn5Mn5Mn5Mn5YAqC-e

Currently I haven't yet changed all my resilient infusions to malign - but even if the stats might not be correct (still iterating), the concept is solid - keep 3 clones out at all times, proc IH ambushes as often as possible and watch pink orbs/flying axes melt everything. The visuals are beautiful and you've pretty much got clones ambushing every few seconds.

Edit: Note - ONLY cast iWarlock or iMage if you can immediately shatter them after they attack once - you want 3 clones up whenever you dodge.

Shatter at appropriate times for boons or utility, providing can immediately get 3 more clones up through dodge and deceptions/skills. Try to line up staff clone ambush to stack might (beware of reflect counteracting staff ambush projectile).

@Curunen.8729 said:Note - NEVER cast iWarlock or iMage - they are dead skills in this build - you want 3 clones up at all times. Shatter at appropriate times for boons or utility, providing can immediately get 3 more clones up through dodge and deceptions/skills.

Sorry, haven't played for long. What's iWarlock and iMage?

@ExcEsc.8426 said:

@Curunen.8729 said:Note - NEVER cast iWarlock or iMage - they are dead skills in this build - you want 3 clones up at all times. Shatter at appropriate times for boons or utility, providing can immediately get 3 more clones up through dodge and deceptions/skills.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Phantasmal_Warlock

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Phantasmal_Mage

@ExcEsc.8426 said:

Phantasmal Warlock and Phantasmal Mage, the phantasms you can summon with the staff and torch.

I'm crushing stuff with this buildhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAsaRnELDtph1LDGMDMMjlVDrcDMCCAobhzQVwfAmAfgA-jBTBAB4pL4hHAwNqTclSFKOCAdpkiSVCA4UAgjKKZpM4MlgpoFAA-e

Idk how to benchmark dps or anything but I annihilate vets, elites and champs solo with it.

Here's a shatter variation for general open world use

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAsaRnELDtph1LDGMDMMjlVDzfAmAfglbgRQAAd6UduOA-jBTBABP8AAA4UAQxRAAHVU6SJ1NqTgnugU0CcmSwsUGQpKBXpUBA-e

The idea with this is to use mirage cloak as often as possible whether it be dodging or breaking Mirrors. With the shatter variation, the deception skills help to pump out clones continuously.

With 3 clones, mirage cloak into mirage thrust, then mind wrack for a big'ol burst.

I switched from a condi build that was working really well too. Completed the entire story thinking it was way too easy. No deaths on Eater, no deaths on Balth.

Edit: runes arent avail on that site but I'm using spellbreaker runes. Power/precision/+7% damage to boonless foes

2nd edit: if you do an F4 shatter with 3 clones, you will get 3 mirrors, shatter them 1 at a time doing a mirage thrust after each :)

I'm running axe/torch +/focus or /pistol swap on larger bosses. My gear is a mix of sinister and viper with berserker runes. I think I still haven't actually put sigils in my weapons because I'm lazy, so there is that.

Dueling (top, top, mid), illusions (bot, bot, mid), mirage (bot, bot, bot). I take either mirage heal or the signet (for bosses), crystal sands, sig of midnight, and sig of inspiration (purely for swiftness).

The general idea is to yank things together and then roll through your attacks to AOE them down. Use the phantasms for their on-cast effects, then shatter immediately, axe 2 for clones to shatter, axe 3 for dodging and some more pressure, pump out the ambush skill as much as you can, make sure your dodges are in melee range to proc the extra bleeding.

For bosses, swap out focus for pistol and just do the normal phantasm camping deal with them, nice and simple.

This is the most versatile build I've managed to produce for just normal open world stuff. You're constantly shattering, so you don't end up with target locked illusions dying all the time and most of your damage is either cleave or full AOE. I'm usually pulling about 5k-6k DPS on single targets for normal stuff, and 8k-9k on bosses when I'm able to stack up 3 duelists.

@Aorin.9168 said:I'm crushing stuff with this buildhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAsaRnELDtph1LDGMDMMjlVDrcDMCCAobhzQVwfAmAfgA-jBTBAB4pL4hHAwNqTclSFKOCAdpkiSVCA4UAgjKKZpM4MlgpoFAA-e

Idk how to benchmark dps or anything but I annihilate vets, elites and champs solo with it.

If you drop mirage and take domination instead, this build will be significantly stronger. I'm not saying that this is bad, but mirage provides literally nothing outside of mobility from the sword ambush.

@ExcEsc.8426 said:

Mac client only classes

I only have an open world build. I tried using axe but it's just meh right now. So i roll with:Viper's Sword/Torch + Staff, sigil of energy in sword and staff, smoldering in torch, malice in staff.Viper's Armor and Trinkets (you can swap in trailblazers if you want more defense or whatever) Zerk runes . Can take adventurer runes for more dodge for a slight loss in power and condi.

• Dueling: Phantasmal Fury, Blinding Dissipation, Deceptive Evasion
  • Illusions: The Pledge, Maim the Disillusioned, Master of Fragmentation
  • Mirage: Riddle of Sand, Shards of Glass, Dune Cloak or Infinite HorizonEther Feast, Midnight sig, Dom sig, Free Utility, JauntNote: An alternate version takes Dom: Confounding suggestions, Blurred Inscriptions, Mental Anguish. Then you take mimic and signet of illusions for shatter spam.

It may not be the highest dps spec, but it's been fun. Opening combo: torch 5, sword 3, torch 4, dodge, sword ambush, sword 2, shatter. Pair that combo with a raptor engage right before and you pretty much condi dump on a nice stack of mobs. You pretty much just dodge spam, shatter spam, burn stuff down.

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

@Aorin.9168 said:I'm crushing stuff with this build

If you drop mirage and take domination instead, this build will be significantly stronger. I'm not saying that this is bad, but mirage provides literally nothing outside of mobility from the sword ambush.

I'd say it provides a lot.

Mirage Thrust - clones also perform this attack when you gain mirage cloak (Infinite Horizon trait), which my build provides a lot of ways to gain, is also a leap combo and dazeSelf-Deception - deception skills generate a clone if you have 1 already, this provides really easy and consistent clone generation, considering Jaunt has 3 chargesNomad's Endurance - vigor = more dodging = more mirage cloak = more mirage thrusts from you AND clonesDesert Distortion - 3 clone F4 shatter = thrust + 3 mirrors, 3 mirrors= damage, cloak, thrust for you and clonesInfinite Horizon really makes this build super bursty when used with 3 clones.

Not to mention all the evade and damage cheesing going on with all the mirage cloak uptime...

@Aorin.9168 said:

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

@Aorin.9168 said:I'm crushing stuff with this build

I'd say it provides a lot.

Mirage Thrust - clones also perform this attack when you gain mirage cloak (Infinite Horizon trait), which my build provides a lot of ways to gain, is also a leap combo and dazeSelf-Deception - deception skills generate a clone if you have 1 already, this provides really easy and consistent clone generation, considering Jaunt has 3 chargesNomad's Endurance - vigor = more dodging = more mirage cloak = more mirage thrusts from you AND clonesDesert Distortion - 3 clone F4 shatter = thrust + 3 mirrors, 3 mirrors= damage, cloak, thrust for you and clonesInfinite Horizon really makes this build super bursty when used with 3 clones.

Not to mention all the evade and damage cheesing going on with all the mirage cloak uptime...

Mirage thrust does less damage than autoattacking...

I get 3.5k crits and when done with 3 clones things just melt so idk what you're talking about.

I'm not saying this is THE spec. Mirage mechanics are really fun and I have two power builds and a condi build that I have found to be effective for general pve. Good damage and survivability. Just thought i'd share...

So just a note here:Mirage Thrust damage got buffed to 1 (from 0.75). It takes 0.75s to get out.If we compare that to a sword Auto Attack we can see that the damage is pretty negligible for the time it takes to come out.

Ambush: 1 every 0.75s (1.33 damage/time)Auto1/2: 0.7 every 0.5s (1.4 damage/time)Auto3 Rip: 0.9 every 0.75s (1.2 damage/time)Auto3 No Rip: 1.32 every 0.75s (1.76 damage/time)

Basically what this means is that if your target has boons (and you don't want to rip them), then using an Ambush is a DPS increase over using your final auto attack, otherwise it's better to just continue auto attacking for DPS. Additionally, Sword clones hit for sub100 damage, even when critting (note: Sword clones also deal reduced damage with the final auto attack, making this attack tend to be sub10)

Note that the actual damage numbers tend to be 2-3 for non crit Auto3 on clones, and 5-7 on crits (when not wearing Zerk, these numbers tend to always float around 3). Additionally, the damage dealt by auto attacks and thrusts peaks at 70, but floats at 30-50 even while critting.

So getting more Mirage Thrusts out isn't inherent to good damage output (or good gameplay) it simply means you're sticking to your target (hopefully).Note: Even GS Ambush (with the 150% damage buff), clones still deal ~30% of your damage. This means that with all 3 clones up, a single IH ambush is sitting at roughly 2 Ambushes without IH.

Just because you can ambush a lot doesn't mean you should.

Mirage gives us a lot of tools and "options" to work with, but most of these options are traps for the Mesmer, not for the opponent.

So I would disagree with Infinite Horizon giving you a lot of burst, and with Mirage Thrust giving you a lot of burst. If you want to look at burst skills, try Sword2 (Blurred Frenzy) which has a 4.8 coefficient over 2.5s (giving it 1.92 coef/sec).

I would like to add to the discussion by pointing out that Mirage Thrust has three components that should be considered together:

• A damage component
  • A leap (non-finisher) that interrupts other skills
  • A sword clone generator

The damage component as noted above isn't fantastic. The gap closer, on the other hand, either lets you stick to your target, or interrupts your healing and makes you leap back into angry red circles of pain and suffering. However, it does give the main-hand sword a third clone generator to further empower shatter-style gameplay.

@Ojimaru.8970 said:I would like to add to the discussion by pointing out that Mirage Thrust has three components that should be considered together:

• A damage component

The damage component as noted above isn't fantastic. The gap closer, on the other hand, either lets you stick to your target, or interrupts your healing and makes you leap back into angry red circles of pain and suffering. However, it does give the main-hand sword a third clone generator to further empower shatter-style gameplay.

Can you elaborate that how a third clone generator works? To my knoewledge mirage thrust does not generate a clone.

@pragao.5271 said:

@Ojimaru.8970 said:I would like to add to the discussion by pointing out that Mirage Thrust has three components that should be considered together:
  • A damage component

The damage component as noted above isn't fantastic. The gap closer, on the other hand, either lets you stick to your target, or interrupts your healing and makes you leap back into angry red circles of pain and suffering. However, it does give the main-hand sword a
third
clone generator to further empower shatter-style gameplay.

Can you elaborate that how a third clone generator works? To my knoewledge mirage thrust does not generate a clone.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mirage_Thrust

Generate a clone right there in the description

@Velektrian.5491 said:

@pragao.5271 said:Can you elaborate that how a third clone generator works? To my knoewledge mirage thrust does not generate a clone.

Generate a clone right there in the description

@Esplen.3940 said:

@Ojimaru.8970 said:However, it does give the main-hand sword a
third
clone generator to further empower shatter-style gameplay.Second*

Archived