Dragon Hunter or Berserker for all things PvE?

Rebel.6419

I am trying to widdle down my alt-it is to create a main class. I am sadly not having the time I used to due to life and family and find myself in a bit of a quandary. I have progressed as far as some T1, T2 fractals and have been dragged thru some higher stuff but not had a chance to raid yet. I have managed to get many (not all) of the ascended weapon collection weapons and can full fit either DH or Berserker elite warrior with ascended weapons. I have been working on the LWS3 stuff to get the ascended accessories. I would appreciate some advice on which class would be better for a all things PvE type player.

Solo, open world, story, fractals and eventually raids. I do have every class to 80 and almost every elite specialization as well. I think I am only missing scrapper and tempest. I am open to another choice but again I am a PvE player looking for a class that can range and melee effectively in a primarily dps role with some support capability.Thank you for any tips or guidance. Its appreciated.

Berserker can bring banners (if needed) which are in high demand, though it's not as if warriors are particularly rare. They also do insane theoretical DPS: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/8jw7zi/sc_updated_benchmarks_0805_patch/

DH is one of the highest DPS power/AOE burst specs (good for fractals) and brings aegis, which can be a lifesaver when some enemy attacks hit for 20k or more.

Both bring decent/good CC.

@"Aigleborgne.2981" said:What about condi firebrand vs condi berserker ? They do seem similar, but firebrand probably have more sustain ?Additionally, firebrand have more weapon choices compared to berserker, even if some are suboptimal

Firebrand is fundamentally designed to scale off of a Group, however, it doesn't directly enhance the group's DPS potential (unless you're the main source of Quickness). Its a weird concept at first.... The basic idea is that each individual effect isn't that strong when dealing with a focal target (like soloing). But that same effect shared across 5 people, and on a low cool down, allows the FB to directly scale up with the number of the targets/allies in its Range. This is why Mantas feel weak on their own, but are life savers in group events where the personal defenses of other player might get tapped out.

As for Condi Firebrand....https://snowcrows.com/benchmarks/Condition FB (Consecration var): 34kCondi Berserker: ~35k Small / 41.5k large

The key here is Berserker has a sharp gain against Large hit boxes, which is almost every Raid Boss. But yes, you are right that Firebrand offers more sustain, as much of their defenses offer through Tomes are either mechanical in nature, or mechanically strong boons.

Archived