Deepstone, not much meat on these bones.

Personally i feel like Deepstone is 7-8 months of development just for looks. There is very little gameplay wise, the most interesting thing i can think of is the 3rd puzzle (the one where u have to light up the orbs to progress). Puzzle 1 can be done by powering through with your W key, puzzle 2 is the same or maybe 2 or so blinks from a chrono. Spider boss and elemental are insanely simplistic and can prob dps golem'd to death with out much trouble. The elemental has the tornado which i must say is a nice mechanic and im surprised you actually die when you fall off the platform as this fractal really seems to want to keep you safe from falling off the platforms.

The 3rd boss is basically 1 attack which can be side stepped, very disappointing. The last boss is a glorified Brazen Gladiator and The Anomaly from Thaumanova but worse than both. It has 2 attacks and its static. First attack, the ranged one looks cool but if you take into account how insanely powerful is a full squad with the light of Deldrimor this becomes a non issue.Its melee attack is a 3 part attack like Brazen's but unlike brazen you dont need to evade or do anything. The only remotely fine thing in this fractal is the big aoe mechanic you have to prevent by stopping the adds rushing towards the boss, namely Weavers cast meteor shower and watch netflix.

Chaos came out in July 26, 2016, Nightmare came out in November 21, 2016 (4 months later), Shattered came out in July 25, 2017 (8 months later), Twilight came out in November 28, 2017 (4 months after) it is at this point in which we learn that we are gonna be getting a new fractal every 2 lw releases and that cms wont be a thing for a while because they take too long to make. 7 Months later we got deepstone...

I thought fractals took this long because cm even tho nightmare only took 4 and it came with new rewards titles and replayability.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Krag.6210 said:I agree, the 3 minibosses are way undertuned and the final boss is fine in my opinion, but falling should be an instant death above tier 2-3.

Falling should be insta death in all of the encounters it can occur. The fact that it happens for the elemental but not for the rest is inconsistent.

The whole way Anet is spending dev resources has been very disappointing for a while already. Replayability is on the backburner and everything going into art, voice overs and story you stop caring about after first playthrough. This is not how you make a sustainable MMO. I dont think I ever heared as many disappointed voices after a LS patch like this one started. I think many people are loosing patience with Anet.

What I think the map needs is some unique reward for the meta: a named sunspear wep, pof armor recipies, some unique armor skins with the plague doctor stat, anything to make it worth doing the meta repeatedly. And while on the subject of the meta, it's underwhelming. The last boss didn't feel like a last boss, but rather just a trash mob with more hp than usual. Also the build up for it felt weak at best. Like it was just contained in 1 section of the map rather than encompading the whole thing.

@zealex.9410 said:The meta is a 3 lane tarrir that got dropped to 1 lane because it didnt meet deadlines. At least thats how i view it.

Also it was supposedly said on guild chat that this map has been in the works for a year or something.

A year for one fractal doess sounds like too much time. Well depending on Amount of people working on it for how long everyday anyway.

@Malediktus.9250 said:The whole way Anet is spending dev resources has been very disappointing for a while already. Replayability is on the backburner and everything going into art, voice overs and story you stop caring about after first playthrough. This is not how you make a sustainable MMO. I dont think I ever heared as many disappointed voices after a LS patch like this one started. I think many people are loosing patience with Anet.

Not having the story WILL kill your MMO, it is what the game is sold on.

@Ashantara.8731 said:I hate most of the other Fractals, as none of them feel like dungeons and are mostly boring ambient-wise. But Deepstone truly nailed it. <3 I also like the Joko Fractal a lot. :+1:

You mean you like jumping puzzles and loot pinatas? Because outside of forced timegates through puzzles (invisible floor is ridiculous) mechanicaly this fractal has nothing to offer. It's big, empty instance with nice visuals.

Yes we know you dont like it, its your third post about this matter in a few days.Its a fractal , not a raid. Difficulty wise deepstone is average compared to other fractals. People expect every new fractal to be hard, with cm mode. Wait for the next raid wing.

@Sariel.2143 said:Yes we know you dont like it, its your third post about this matter in a few days.Its a fractal , not a raid. Difficulty wise deepstone is average compared to other fractals. People expect every new fractal to be hard, with cm mode. Wait for the next raid wing.

Even by comparison to other T4s this fractal has basically no mechanics. It's a free ride through nice corridors. It's not average. It's below.

I very much enjoyed the overall Deepstone encounter, I like the feeling of it, and I like that there’s multiple puzzles in it.

However, the T4 fights are exactly the same as every other Tier, which is disappointing, I feel like at higher Tiers there should be at least another mechanic or something, like maybe add some spiders to spawn on the final boss that immob and give him the tornado attack if we’re going to be super simplistic. That’d make him more interesting for sure.

Also, falling off the platform of the final boss in any tier above like T1 or T2 should kill you, not float you back onto the platform.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:The whole way Anet is spending dev resources has been very disappointing for a while already. Replayability is on the backburner and everything going into art, voice overs and story you stop caring about after first playthrough. This is not how you make a sustainable MMO. I dont think I ever heared as many disappointed voices after a LS patch like this one started. I think many people are loosing patience with Anet.

Not having the story WILL kill your MMO, it is what the game is sold on.And this story will kill it, too. Because it is garbage made for simple minded people with no standards and expectations.

@Malediktus.9250 said:

Not having the story WILL kill your MMO, it is what the game is sold on.And this story will kill it, too. Because it is garbage made for simple minded people with no standards and expectations.

And what, you think a few challenging fractals will change that? It sounds like you want things from this MMO that it just doesn’t offer, or doesn’t offer enough of.

@Durzlla.6295 said:I very much enjoyed the overall Deepstone encounter, I like the feeling of it, and I like that there’s multiple puzzles in it.

However, the T4 fights are exactly the same as every other Tier, which is disappointing, I feel like at higher Tiers there should be at least another mechanic or something, like maybe add some spiders to spawn on the final boss that immob and give him the tornado attack if we’re going to be super simplistic. That’d make him more interesting for sure.

Also, falling off the platform of the final boss in any tier above like T1 or T2 should kill you, not float you back onto the platform.

They might overhaul things once they finished all the spare fractals, so we will have 25 unique fractals. They could add CMs, make changes etc. Once there are no new Fractals to develop.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Durzlla.6295 said:I very much enjoyed the overall Deepstone encounter, I like the feeling of it, and I like that there’s multiple puzzles in it.

They might overhaul things once they finished all the spare fractals, so we will have 25 unique fractals. They could add CMs, make changes etc. Once there are no new Fractals to develop.

So in 2 to 3 years?

@Tyson.5160 said:

And what, you think a few challenging fractals will change that? It sounds like you want things from this MMO that it just doesn’t offer, or doesn’t offer enough of.

Not my fault that the direction of this game changed so often

@Malediktus.9250 said:

Not my fault that the direction of this game changed so often

No, but you can play other games... Anet isn’t forcing you to play...

@zealex.9410 said:

So in 2 to 3 years?

I guess...

Here is the thing, people want challenging content it’s there.

Do you expect this game to do a complete 180 and start releasing raid wings and cm fractals every 2 months. The whole design of the game would have to completely change too.

Why is anyone surprised by the way the game is going?

@Tyson.5160 said:

So in 2 to 3 years?

I guess...

Here is the thing, people want challenging content it’s there.

Do you expect this game to do a complete 180 and start releasing raid wings and cm fractals every 2 months. The whole design of the game would have to completely change too.

Why is anyone surprised by the way the game is going?

Nobody said a new fractal and raid every 2 months, not even ff14 does that and its a sub fee game. I would hope for a w1 2 3 pace for raids and 3 fractals per year instead of 1 fractal in 7 months thats quite frankly barebones.

Archived