FTT: How do I use level 2 ?

It took me awhile to figure this out. You will need alot of "spare parts" that drop from Awakened Inquest (lots around the Dabiji Hollows area - not sure what else drops them, but that's how I got mine). After the initial gathering and seeing Drazz, you have the ability to make the turrets. To get the level 2 part done, you just make each type so many times (can't remember how many, but you'll notice a pattern). From 2-3, now you need the 'spare parts'. You will see an option when you go back to the turrets (like change them, heal them etc) menu to upgrade, then you'll pay like 5 spare parts for 2-3. Repeat the process for all of the types of turrets. Then 3-4 is 15 spare parts (will do a 5 upgrade, then a 10 - you should see the option when you go to the turret menu). I had to buy several of the turret things from Drazz because I ran out of spare parts.

@Khisanth.2948 said:It's a pretty massive grind for 1 MP and 5 AP. Haven't decided if I am going to bother. I guess it will depend on how quickly farming spare parts from the story turns out to be.

If you participate in the last few steps of the meta-event (take the bridge, take the entrance, take the plaza) up until the lame boss you will get a huge amount of spare parts just by hitting all the monsters that spawn there. Especially the mob waves on the stairs down to the boss area drop vast numbers of spare parts. I did like 3 metas yesterday and had around 200 spare parts afterwards.

Also Vine Wall defense events give a decent amount of them.

@Edgy McEdgelord.4790 said:

@"Khisanth.2948" said:It's a pretty massive grind for 1 MP and 5 AP. Haven't decided if I am going to bother. I guess it will depend on how quickly farming spare parts from the story turns out to be.

If you participate in the last few steps of the meta-event (take the bridge, take the entrance, take the plaza) up until the lame boss you will get a huge amount of spare parts just by hitting all the monsters that spawn there. Especially the mob waves on the stairs down to the boss area drop vast numbers of spare parts. I did like 3 metas yesterday and had around 200 spare parts afterwards.

Also Vine Wall defense events give a decent amount of them.

I haven't done anything since that fix. Partly because the previous situation gave Kourna a very strong impression of "waste of time". "Only one chance to make a first impression" and stuff I guess.

@zealex.9410 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:It's a pretty massive grind for 1 MP and 5 AP. Haven't decided if I am going to bother. I guess it will depend on how quickly farming spare parts from the story turns out to be.

The grind would be ok if you could bring these turrets outside of kourna but that would make sense.

Maybe the higher level ones are nice but the lv1 turrets are not very impressive and I've never wanted to play turret engi(or any sort of AI build except for cheesing stuff on necro) and I don't forsee wanting to on any other class. The fact that they seem dumber than the normal minion AI doesn't help. They are randomly picking their own targets instead of attacking what I attack.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

The grind would be ok if you could bring these turrets outside of kourna but that would make sense.

Maybe the higher level ones are nice but the lv1 turrets are not very impressive and I've never wanted to play turret engi(or any sort of AI build except for cheesing stuff on necro) and I don't forsee wanting to on any other class. The fact that they seem dumber than the normal minion AI doesn't help. They are randomly picking their own targets instead of attacking what I attack.

Im not sure how the attack turrets work but the buffing ones are bae. I think if would be nice if the turret attacked what you attack or if special action skill was a target ability at least.

It's not just 5 AP. First you get 3 for collecting all the scraps to make the turrets. Then you get 1 AP for making every type of turret 10 times, so 7 AP in total. Then you get 1 AP for upgrading each type of turret to level 2 a number of times, for another total of 7 AP. And the same goes for upgrading all types of turrets to level 3, which is another 7 AP. So in total, if you finish all the turret achievements, you will have earned 29 AP.

Edit: Personally, I am combining getting the parts to build the turrets with farming the hearts for shards to make the ascended banner. Killing 2 birds with 1 stone takes the pressure off it a bit.

As a sorta helpful aside, to unlock t2 of everything quickly just keep swapping the modes while its deployed.This will allow you to unlock them all off roughly 1-2 turrets depending on if you heal yours (natural decay) or not as opposed to buying several though you'll need to do this for the next set of t2-t3 anyway.

Edit: For whichever dev may see this....Can we please just skip past the deploy and having to select t2 and t3 each time part that is silly just allow us the option to instantly deploy at t3/t4 if we have it unlocked and the spare parts in inventory. (5 for t2, 15 for t3 and 35 for t4)

@TexZero.7910 said:As a sorta helpful aside, to unlock t2 of everything quickly just keep swapping the modes while its deployed.This will allow you to unlock them all off roughly 1-2 turrets depending on if you heal yours (natural decay) or not as opposed to buying several though you'll need to do this for the next set of t2-t3 anyway.

Edit: For whichever dev may see this....Can we please just skip past the deploy and having to select t2 and t3 each time part that is silly just allow us the option to instantly deploy at t3/t4 if we have it unlocked and the spare parts in inventory. (5 for t2, 15 for t3 and 35 for t4)

Sounds like the best way to go is farm up enough parts to finish the whole thing in one sitting.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:As a sorta helpful aside, to unlock t2 of everything quickly just keep swapping the modes while its deployed.This will allow you to unlock them all off roughly 1-2 turrets depending on if you heal yours (natural decay) or not as opposed to buying several though you'll need to do this for the next set of t2-t3 anyway.

Sounds like the best way to go is farm up enough parts to finish the whole thing in one sitting.

That sounds good in theory, but the rate gain for Spare parts is lower than it reasonably should be. You get 1-2 every 1-3 (sometimes more) kills. I rough mathed it out to be something like 1000 spare parts needed to unlock t4 for every turret (my math may be way off) but it's not a gameplay pattern many are going to enjoy because it is absurdly tedious for minimal reward. The turrets damage functions are scaled rather poorly and the best turret in my opinion will likely die the fastest (Shield) due to proximity required to gain the flat damage reduction.

@TexZero.7910 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:It’s like 1400 spare parts to complete everything if I’m understanding it correctly?

Around that if you're including cost of turrets.

You should be able to get by with just one turret so long as you don’t take breaks. It seems to regenerate some health as you upgrade them. I did like have of the T2 achievements with one turret until I ran out of parts.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:You should be able to get by with just one turret so long as you don’t take breaks. It seems to regenerate some health as you upgrade them.That's interesting, it's not something i noticed thus far.I know that's how i did t1 -> t2 though. T2->T3 is a bit weirder because of it downgrading back to 1 so you have to apply both changes.

So I followed some of the instructions here, and with the turret I was given, I was able to get through the entire first row of the main 201-407 line, 33%.

I tried to configure again, and no progress was made in any of the new 7 achievements. So I stopped healing my turret and went to talk to Drazz, and he'll sell me a new deployment kit, but nothing about it indicates if I buy it that it will work for the new achievements.

Is that what you do at this point, buy another one and that makes a new one of the right level to proceed?

@notebene.3190 said:So I followed some of the instructions here, and with the turret I was given, I was able to get through the entire first row of the main 201-407 line, 33%.

I tried to configure again, and no progress was made in any of the new 7 achievements. So I stopped healing my turret and went to talk to Drazz, and he'll sell me a new deployment kit, but nothing about it indicates if I buy it that it will work for the new achievements.

Is that what you do at this point, buy another one and that makes a new one of the right level to proceed?

It will or should work, however you need the spare parts.

I wasn’t realizing the way the menus worked, thanks.

It also seems like people can come stand by you while you are trying to do it in such a way that you lose the fast F interface. So now a whole new type of griefing starts.

You should be able to go into a private instance with him to work on it.

Getting close, though. Ran out around my 8th round of level 2 upgrades. I’m probably doing more healing than is worthwhile. I think I’ll save up 1000 before I try to finish.

@notebene.3190 said:Getting close, though. Ran out around my 8th round of level 2 upgrades. I’m probably doing more healing than is worthwhile. I think I’ll save up 1000 before I try to finish.

I will say that if you get lucky you can get 100 spare parts to drop and that helps a fair bit. But it's not something to count on which makes me question if the 1 & 2 drops were actually meant to be 10 & 20.

Either way i'm almost done myself just need to do 36 more t2->t3 upgrades. At 15 parts each sadly.

Archived