It would be really awesome to have an underwater mount

At some point in the future we'll assumingly be dealing with Bubbles finally. There is already a decent amount of underwater content in the game as well.

It would be cool to have an underwater mount that would help us traverse the depths of the ocean. Not sure what kind of animal it would be though - dolphin-type seems too obvious. Seahorse was already done in WoW. Maybe an Octopus? Its special movement could be less "ease of movement" and more of "survival". Something like; "Camoflage; when not moving you can indefinitely remain stealthed. When you move, you get a few seconds of stealth before it runs out." It could be important if there were something like packs of Pocket Sharks or Lovecraftian horrors we needed to avoid.

This is of course assuming Taimi doesn't just invent us a personal submarine instead..

@Alga.6498 said:I am personally wanting an underwater mount for our next mount, :):+1: to you!

@Endless Soul.5178 said:Not that I'm against the idea of underwater mounts (I'm really not), but aren't the swim speed infusions a thing now?

So was the glider and look what we got, a gliding flying Griffion mount! :scream:

Except you are forgetting that GW2 is designed to be modular. If you only have PoF then you have Griffons as an alternative to gliding. They may fulfill similar roles, but they are from different expansions. Swimming Speed Infusions however, are a Core Game item. Available for F2P players as well. I think you get the point.

There are two types of mounts I see people constantly asking for and an underwater mount would be one of them. The other one is a battle mount which I'd personally love to see (especially if it gets a legendary asuran themed power suit reskin).

Nothing against the beetle, I like going fast but I find it a bit odd that that was what they were going for considering that no one really asked for it especially when there are other types of mounts which are more in demand.

@Dreadshow.9320 said:Why would anyone swim to the surface to mount their skimmers if they can just hop on their seahorses?Skimmers ignore danger zones like lava and are also usable in shallow water (which already grants you the full speed boost) which I suppose an underwater mount wouldn't.

Whales, sharks, dolphins, orcas, turtles, giant jellyfish, krakens, eels, crustaceans, sea horses, fish swarms, bubbles of air, the possibilities are endless! Underwater content and exploration is the future and still an untouched area in GW 2.

@SmartRas.8473 said:I would also very much love an underwater mount such as an octupus with the ability mentioned at the top. Or maybe a Black Marlin or a shark since they are some the fastest underwater animals.

OMG since you said this, I had an idea;

POD-RACING, except with Marlins. You right in a little chariot being pulled by a duo of Marlins, or something else. Then they could give us Dolphin, Octopus and Shark skins or what have you.

@Tails.9372 said:There are two types of mounts I see people constantly asking for and an underwater mount would be one of them. The other one is a battle mount which I'd personally love to see (especially if it gets a legendary asuran themed power suit reskin).

Nothing against the beetle, I like going fast but I find it a bit odd that that was what they were going for considering that no one really asked for it especially when there are other types of mounts which are more in demand.

@Dreadshow.9320 said:Why would anyone swim to the surface to mount their skimmers if they can just hop on their seahorses?Skimmers ignore danger zones like lava and are also usable in shallow water (which already grants you the full speed boost) which I suppose an underwater mount wouldn't.

Avoiding lava or sulfur the griffon can do better and quicker, the skimmer gimmick is fast travel over water but it is regulated by having to surface or use a swim speed infusion which makes underwater mount just a visual appeal.

Archived