[PvP] Balance wishlist for sword Weaver specs

BikeIsGone.8675

As of late I really have been getting into sword weaver for sPvP and so far ...im having a blast with it.As it is common knowledge however, There are some fair complaints about its viability ....mostly dmg wise.And seeing as the next balance patch shouldn't be too far off ....I thought Id post my personal balance wishlist here.Feel free to share your respective opinions as well.

Here it is then:

• Flame Uprising (Sw Fire 2): Increase the fire field duration to 4 seconds.
    as it is right now you can barely get some combos going. In a realistic combat scenario you cant even walk out of it and dodge into it for evasive arcana combos.

• Arcane Prowess (Arcane trait): Increase might gain to 2.pretty self explanatory.

• Polaric Leap (Sw Air 2): Successfully interrupting a skill gives Fury (duration is up for debate). Personally I'd also argue for a drastic base dmg increase....121 base dmg and 0.33 power coefficient are laughable if you dont run lightning rod.

• Shearing Edge (Sw Air/Water dual skill): Either make the projectile much faster or turn it into a melee aoe blast (similar to cleansing wave) that chills enemies AND grants fury.

• Weave Self: Woven Air (elite skill): 50% Moevmentspeed is simply overkill....especially since it (with swiftness) exceeds the in-combat MS cap anyway. 20% Movespeed and 20% increased critchance for its duration would feel much better. Other Woven Elements are fine.

• Aquatic Stance (Heal): SImple number tweaks. Preferably better Healing Power coefficients.

• Unravel(Utility): Needs a rework altogether. I like the base Idea of it, since the main drawback of dual attunements is the lack of immediate access to offhand skills (of which some can be pretty high imapct). Maybe make it similar to Weave self, where you get reduced recharge on attunement swap for its duration. But even then it would need something extra to make it worth considering.

As it may be apparent, I'd like to get some more fury or crit modifiers on weapon or utility skills and have more passive might-stacking capabilites. Everything else would just be soem QoL improvements. Personally I find it pretty unsatisfying to watch a class like revenant (just one example) cap out on might and getting 100% fury uptime with no proactive contribution whatsoever.

Also .....can we please get a buff to Celestial amulet? Not restoring it to +560 straight away. But seeing as no spec really uses it anyway, Id say that a buff to ~520 would be warranted.

Some of those ideas are interesting. And I agree ele needs some minor buffs, especially in offense.

A couple of issues though:

• Make Arcane Prowess back to giving fury, otherwise it would be limited to weaver sword builds. Or give some other access to fury.
  • Weave Self is alrightish as it is now. I'd wish for a damage increase for direct damage too, be it on fire or air. Also let us cast Tailored Vicroty while moving, please...
  • I actually like Shearing edge as it is. It is ranged, I can try to slow enemies down running at me or at least bait dodges. This would change a lot, don't know if that would be more or less helpful.

The rest I could agree with. I would love if they'd simply increase range on AAs and dual skills before they just buff random damage numbers. But well, we know Anet, that's probably what they will do. :wink:

@BikeIsGone.8675 said:(...)

Also .....can we please get a buff to Celestial amulet? Not restoring it to +560 straight away. But seeing as no spec really uses it anyway, Id say that a buff to ~520 would be warranted.

I'd love to see this too. It can be handy right now already, but usually it underperforms. A small increase would be interesting.

@Megametzler.5729 said:

• Make Arcane Prowess back to giving fury, otherwise it would be limited to weaver sword builds. Or give some other access to fury.

Very much this.

Other than that:

• Polaric leap needs the range increased to at least 900.
  • Twin strikes needs a short evade frame between hits.

The small upgrade to celestial would help ele a lot.No other class lacks so much in defense (small hp pool, low armor, no baseline blocks, evades or invuls, no stealth) and relies so much on boons (a bad thing in the current meta).

the fact that ppl start jumping on sword weaver means actually its in a pretty god spot where it only becomes stronger with nerfs to other classes. nerfing others + buff sword weaver may push it to far for what it does.

buffs to power specs are welcome tho but those got double nerfed (scepter and lightning rod) the last patches so..

pvp buffs to staff like faster casttimes are welcome tho.

Archived