FPS drop and Ping increases

Since recently (lets say 1 or 2 weeks) I suddenly can get huge FPS drops in-game or huge Ping increases, both making the game unplayable. I basically only play sPvP.Normal FPS is somewhere around 60 but then it drops to around 5. Ping is normally below 100, but then increase to above 1.000 mostly. I dont have this issue all the time, often its absent. But then the problem pops up again. I think that most often the FPS and Ping problem are separated from each other, so not appearing at the same time.

The irregularity of the problem is weird and makes the game unplayable for me, cuz it can results in losses of pvp matches.

Sounds annoying. I have two suggestions that are not solutions, but will either find, or eliminate, at least one possible cause:

For the FPS issues, check the Windows Event Log, and see if there are error reports from the driver. That might shed light on what is happening. Reinstalling drivers also is a good idea.

For the latency issue, https://pingplotter.com/fix-your-network is a good guide (with a bad name) for checking if there is a network issue anywhere between you and ANet. If there is, it'll help you figure out who to talk to, if not, then you have that to send in with a support ticket to anet, so they don't ask you for the same thing. :)

I had a similar problem 2-3 months ago, tho the FPS drop and ping increase tended to be happening at the same time , after some research I found that Discord may have been the cause, so try to "Quit Discord" (Totally not only by pressing the "X" button, but you're probably not that dumb) and do a quick relaunch of your game and see if it worked, otherwise you may wanna listen to what Slippy said, not an hour ago I had terrible FPS drop, I updated my GPU's drivers and it worked it out :DGood luck

oh and I also found this on reddit :

1, Hit start menu and type "Defender", it should bring up "Windows Defender settings" entry, so open it.

2, Another juicy part - if you use another AV software, like for example in my case - ESET, then you would naturally assume everything Defender related is disabled, and you would be wrong. If you use Defender, you will be brought to the Windows Defender Security Center straight away, but if you don't, you will end up on a Settings page saying that Windows Defender is not available because it's turned off. Click "Turn on Windows Defender Antivirus" - don't worry, your AV software will disable it again straight away.

3, Once you are in Windows Defender Security Center, Click App & browser control button

4, Scroll all the way down, to Exploit protection, and click Exploit protection settings text

5, Once on Exploit protection page, set Control flow guard (CFG) to OFF.

6, It will prompt you to restart your PC

7, After the restart, enjoy your smooth Windows experience again

(https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/45319/1-5-10-15-mostly-fps-after-update-impossible-to-play#latest)(https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/86ip2w/extreme_low_fps_after_latest_patch/)Probably not related, but hey, doesnt cost anything to try if you still have some issues

Archived