Weaver Grandmaster Thoughts

Eilah.7908

hi all, here's aaanother weaver feedback thread! so, i've been really enjoying the spec so far, but the grandmaster traits have kind of let me down, so i spent some time today trying to figure out why. it dawned on me that many other specs have a grandmaster that greatly influences their class mechanic, (scourge's imroved shroud, mirage sharing ambushes with clones, deadeye increasing weaver stacks etc) while the weaver really... doesn't.

now, we've also got lots of folks upset at the 4 second cooldown on attunement swaps. i think a grandmaster trait would be a great spot to deal with this! my personal opinion is that swapping the 10% damage increase from Elements of Rage with a 20%-25% cooldown reduction would make for a much more interesting trait, seeing as weaver has plenty of other % increases throughout the line. also,more importantly in my opinion, it seems really weird to have a grandmaster on the weaver focus on fully attuning. feels out of sync with the theme and tone of the weaver as a whole.

something like: Elements of Rage-14% of you power is converted into Ferocity. Attunement cooldown is reduced by 25%

the numbers on the cooldown could be lower to balance with arcane so things don't get too crazy of course. I just think at this point the trait is flavorless and promotes a very mechanical playstyle that feels in contrast with the theme of the weaver

also as i'm wrapping up here i'lll echo that yeah i would really like the middle slot grandmaster to return to some sort of condition removal thing. the original unravel hexes could have been so good, i would love to see it return like, removing any condition on a 1 second interval while you have swiftness or superspeed. the exact interval could change to make sure it's not too powerful, but weaver would really benefit from a way to deal with conditions

i'd like to hear other folks thoughts on this!

I do think the grandmaster traits are a bit lackluster, but I think a reduced cooldown on attunements trait would make that trait feel "mandatory".

Hmm, what about a trait that gives the attunements a charge system. Perhaps have 2 charges for swaps, but increase the attunement charge cd from 4 seconds to 6 seconds (or something to help balance it out).

In a real environment where things hit back you need to try the dodged roll barrier sadly. All this talk about weaver doing "ok" power dmg though the GM the only one of 3 that is dmged aimed are purly off the ideal that the weaver it self will never get hit and that is just a silly though. The other 2 GM barrier on dodge roll scales badly and feels needs to be used to be live-able in most fights and the other reg on swiftness / super speed feels like a waist of programing.

@mygamingid.5816 said:I thought that an "Accelerated Weave" trait would be fun. Grant stacks of Accelerated Weave (4s) on every attunement change. Each stack reduces attunement recharge by 10%. Max stacks 5. If you're cycling through attunements a lot, you drop from 4s to 2s. Camp too long and you have to ramp back up.

This would be really cool.

My idea for 2 of them would be to focus on Dual attacks. One as a defense against Power builds, the second as a defense against condition builds.

Invigorating Strikes: I think this one is solid, i would make slight change, I would up the Barrier from 778 Base to something like 1,500 Base. I would add say a 4second ICD to make it so its not going to be spammed (like it would be that effective anyway)

Woven Strike: This is just simply dreadful! I would make it another trait that focuses on Dual Attack my idea would be Gain 1,00 Barrier when using a Dual Attack. Take 90% reduced condition damage when you apply a Barrier to yourself. This would be a slightly weaker version of the old Diamond Skin but an active use one. Added the final section so that you wouldnt get to be immune to conditions when you are with a Scourge.

This is just an example for the anti condition one, would be really tricky i think for the game to be able to tell the difference between your barrier and an allies. I would like to see a anti condition trait that DOESNT require us to be using another set of trait(s) the current one, you dont take Water then its useless.

I'm honestly okay with all 3 grandmasters, they each offer a nice choice, there's just one glaring problem: The middle one really should just remove a condition when gaining swiftness or superspeed, no cooldown. It's dumb that a grandmaster trait obviously designed (as a band-aid fix) to remove conditions, forces you into another specific grandmaster trait to even function at all. That's okay(ish) for pvp where I'm most probably gonna take water anyway, but for pve it's really bad since I almost never want to take the water traitline.

@mygamingid.5816 said:I thought that an "Accelerated Weave" trait would be fun. Grant stacks of Accelerated Weave (4s) on every attunement change. Each stack reduces attunement recharge by 10%. Max stacks 5. If you're cycling through attunements a lot, you drop from 4s to 2s. Camp too long and you have to ramp back up.

This is a nice idea! It changes how you play and gives a little more specialization to Weaver. It should be a very short time though, like 5 seconds.

Invigorating Strikes needs an improvement. In addition to granting barrier on dodge and vigor on Duel Attacks, maybe it could also give some kind of bonus when you fully attune. This would help make Unravel a better utility as well. Some ideas:

• Gain barrier when you fully attune.
  • Something more complex: Unleash a blast of energy based on your attunement when you fully attune. Fire burns nearby foes. Water heals nearby allies. Air shocks nearby foes. Earth grants barrier to nearby allies (using my previous idea). This helps Weaver's support capabilities a bit more.

@Zorand.7451 said:I don't even care about build-defining grandmasters, I just want something useful for my condition weaver. I'm using the barrier on dodge one because I guess a minuscule amount of barrier is better than nothing.

Use the same grandmaster as in the power build. Some extra damage is better than no extra damage.

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Zorand.7451 said:I don't even care about build-defining grandmasters, I just want something useful for my condition weaver. I'm using the barrier on dodge one because I guess a minuscule amount of barrier is better than nothing.

Use the same grandmaster as in the power build. Some extra damage is better than no extra damage.

I'm using trailblazer gear. This would take my crit damage up from 150% to 160%, with a 10% crit rate. That's a 1% damage increase for my physical damage, which is probably less than 10% of my total damage, for a whopping 0.1% damage increase. Technically better than nothing, but then again so is 700 barrier when I dodge.

Archived