Elixir S trait feels completely useless in a condition heavy meta

SatyricL.2784

In the current condition heavy meta, by the time you activate this trait, you are already low enough on HP that by the time its duration runs out, the condition damage has usually already downed you, if not downed before it even triggers. Worse is the fact that you cant use any abilities during this, meaning you can't clear those conditions while Elixir S is active. This means you basically have to wait to accept death, or prey to joko that an ally cleanses you.

I wont say this ability needs some kind of crazy buff, but I feel, in light of the meta, you should be able to use your heal ability during Elixir S to make it not so pointless most of the time.

@Harrada.8041 said:I wont say this ability needs some kind of crazy buff, but I feel, in light of the meta, you should be able to use your heal ability during Elixir S to make it not so pointless most of the time.

Being able to heal and be invulnerable to damage and CC at the same time would make Elixir S overpowered. Besides, I've never been a fan of Elixir S, both the utility skill and the trait. If you want good condition cleanse for the engineer, try using the Elixir Gun and the Med Kit. Med Kit can cleanse four conditions every 15 seconds compared to the Healing Turret which cleanses two conditions every 15 seconds. The Med Kit is the reason why I use it currently not because of the condition cleanse, but because of the sustain that it can give you if you use it properly.

@"Kumouta.4985" said:Switch to a different trait if this one is bad in this meta.Allowing the usage of skills during invulnerability would be mesmer lvls of op.

Endure pain, Signet of stone.

Both allow you to use skills. Elixir S with access to heal skill would not be nearly as op as these already are, if you consider skills while invulnerable "op".And before "endure pain can be CCed" comes up, warriors have easy access to stability. I would go as far as considering Elixir S a self-CC anyway.

@Harrada.8041 said:

@"Kumouta.4985" said:Switch to a different trait if this one is bad in this meta.Allowing the usage of skills during invulnerability would be mesmer lvls of op.

Both allow you to use skills. Elixir S with access to heal skill would not be nearly as op as these already are, if you consider skills while invulnerable "op".And before "endure pain can be CCed" comes up, warriors have easy access to stability. I would go as far as considering Elixir S a self-CC anyway.

There is a difference between physical damage reduced to zero and straight up invulnerability.

Good Engi players often don't use self-regulating defenses unless they have support allies nearby. Yes believe it or not, some traits are not always best in slot for all scenarios.

@Harrada.8041 said:

lol there is a big difference between those skillsbeing invuln is alot stronger than just taking 0 power dmgyou can still get conditions on yourself, while invuln cant, you can ofc still get ccedwarri stab has been nerfed quite a bit since release, also with the last balanced stance changes (not getting crited) you dont actually want to use both at the same timestabi can be corrupted, invuln cant

id be for a change so that you can transform back to normal at will

If I'm playing Scrapper, I always pick Comeback Cure over SRD. Perma regen means perma +250 Healing Power. But then I always also drop Turret and go for Gyro as the healing skill. Overcapping regen serves no purpose.But if you're playing Holo(and run this traitline), you don't really have any other choice. Comeback Cure has a much milder effect, and Backpack Regenerator is absolutely useless.

@Harrada.8041 said:

with endure pain and SoS you receive condition damage, with invul you are immune to any kind of cc and condition damage, i would delete any kind of utility/trait that give any kind of invulnerability to players but......

As an an engineer who has played a lot of PvP - I can give you my advice.

The elixir s is very tricky to use. You have to use it when your about to take a huge amount of pressure. In spvp elixir s is quite strong. Elixir s is not good in wvw because of scourges but it's still useful to absorb burst.

Now the trait elixir s is very bad. It activated at 25% of your health which is execute range from burst. Yeah it sounds nice in theory but if you get an engineer to 25% health then he is already dead.

They should change the trait to - make you invulnerable at 25% health and cleanse 3 conditions.

That wouldn't be a good fix but it would be a good buff.

The thing is - elixir s needs to be use proactive to reduce damage not as a passive to prevent damage or prevent death.

It is a terrible trait but the utility slot is good.

@Harrada.8041 said:

Well... you can still be CCed, Boon ripped/corrupted, and Condi bombed, where elixir S you literally just can nope out of the fight.

@OP o never run the automated elixir S trait, I’ve been burned by that damn thing far more than I’ve been saved.

Archived