Ranked.

jportell.2197

So I've been gone for about a year. Work and life taking precedent. I come back and play some ranked matches. I knew it would be bad initially because I am starting from scratch. But right now I just cant seem to scratch anything. I either get stuck with a guy who has only played for a week, who then tells me I need to L2P because I am in the same ranking as him.

Or I get a 4v5. Is there any way out of this. I see now that ranked can't be done with more than 2 players queued together. But man. I do miss being able to run a premade. Will it get better eventually? At this rate it's not even fun.

Premades are for automated tournaments now. Or unranked, but where’s the fun in that?

Ranked is really just climb to a title and play your maintenance games to stay on leaderboard. I think it works out to about 2 games a day during the season to meet the minimum matches required. If you happened to place below gold climbing up can be tough because most players there are just. so. bad. you have to carry the team for the most part.. not impossible but not entirely fun either.

PvP pops have declined quite a bit due to the nonsensical nature of how ranked is structured with no premades (can be good or bad but this change drove off a good chunk of community) and ranked being so much more rewarding than unranked prompting players to play for pips win or lose and degrading the competitive spirit of a ranked system.

Not to mention how toxic the community became with the rage quitting and overall match manipulation. Who queues up in ranked just to give up at the first group wipe? Apparently a good chunk of the remaining population!

ALL OF THAT ASIDE: PvP in this game is still a lot of fun. Ignore the trolls, automatically account for a 10%~ loss rate to match manipulation and you can’t go wrong. ;)

Archived