【VIDEO】Revenant Vs Warrior (Duels) [PvP/WvW]

FlOwMaKeRs.8623

@Justine.6351 said:Using rev to duel warriors I imagine is alot like using ranger to duel necros. But I'm no expert so idk.

It's not as bad but it's probably 75-25 matchup in rev favor for even skill. Ranger v necro should be like 90-10 of not worse.

Doesn't mean the rev can't be punished for mistakes relatively easily. But even solid spellbreakers can't really handle a well played rev.

On a related note if you're gonna post a duels video don't do all these unnecessary additional edits. Hell you added in edits when you messed up and ate stuns you couldvt evaded. It's not really that much of an achievement to land sw4 we don't need an effect everytime.

Match-up depends a bit on terrain, if you are in an enclose space or need to hold a point, warrior is much tougher than when out in the open. For pvp, the henge point on forest of niflhel in particular is rough since it is surrounded pretty tightly by walls which makes it hard to take space when you need to. To make up for this if I am stuck 1v1'ing warriors I try to engage them before they ever get to the point, which makes the fight much easier.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:Match-up depends a bit on terrain, if you are in an enclose space or need to hold a point, warrior is much tougher than when out in the open. For pvp, the henge point on forest of niflhel in particular is rough since it is surrounded pretty tightly by walls which makes it hard to take space when you need to. To make up for this if I am stuck 1v1'ing warriors I try to engage them before they ever get to the point, which makes the fight much easier.

Yeah, the revenant would have the disadvantage in a tight space.

@Helly.2597 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Using rev to duel warriors I imagine is alot like using ranger to duel necros. But I'm no expert so idk.

It's not as bad but it's probably 75-25 matchup in rev favor for even skill. Ranger v necro should be like 90-10 of not worse.

Doesn't mean the rev can't be punished for mistakes relatively easily. But even solid spellbreakers can't really handle a well played rev.

Yeah, it's pretty easy to over pursue a SBK who's doing that spam-movement-skills-and-run-away-across-the-entire-borderlands kitten and then have to eat an entire stun burst combo cuz you're low on energy and can't legend swap... Good SBK's have that reversal timing down, bad one's don't.

I guess that doesn't really apply to duels tho, since you don't actually have to chase them down, or even in PvP where it means them conceding the point, but in like, open WvW roaming, I could see where it gives some Revs trouble with the matchup... Especially cuz of the annoying gear setups that SBKs can get away with running there.

It's really tempting to blow everything chasing them down, especially when you assume most people you encounter in WvW are just straight terrible... But as long as you're patient enough to always have either GoD up, enough energy to riposte, or your legend swap off cd, you shouldn't be losing to very many SBK's.

@narcx.3570 said:

Yeah, it's pretty easy to over pursue a SBK who's doing that spam-movement-skills-and-run-away-across-the-entire-borderlands kitten and then have to eat an entire stun burst combo cuz you're low on energy and can't legend swap... Good SBK's have that reversal timing down, bad one's don't.

I guess that doesn't really apply to duels tho, since you don't actually have to chase them down, or even in PvP where it means them conceding the point, but in like, open WvW roaming, I could see where it gives some Revs trouble with the matchup... Especially cuz of the annoying gear setups that SBKs can get away with running there.

It's really tempting to blow everything chasing them down, especially when you assume most people you encounter in WvW are just straight terrible... But as long as you're patient enough to always have either GoD up, enough energy to riposte, or your legend swap off cd, you shouldn't be losing to very many SBK's.

All good points. The only time to go all in on a warrior is when you know both endures and down and you can blow them up quickly. Otherwise the energy cost of the port +burst can put you in a horrible spot.

Duels it seems you can just be patient and wear them down with sw2 and a few timed sw4. Like you said its not that you can't make mistakes, but if you keep a stunbreak to prevent being locked down you will be in a good place.

Archived