Firebrand in 76+ fractals

Hello,are firebrands good in fractals 76+? Will I find a group where I could play as firebrand in master fractals? I also have weaver, scourge (another condi) - and I am enjoying FB the most and I would like to do fractals with FB. Yes, I know I could pick weaver and I would be probably ok (it is a power build), but as i said - fb is for me much more enjoyable :)

Thank you very much!

Honestly if you play it well, Firebrand is totally capable of pulling their own weight in fractals, even on CM. You won't be dealing as much dps as a good Weaver or Holo, but you'll be fine and you could throw some extra support (Aegis/stab) which will make the other dps like you. That being said, I should give a fair warning - I expect quite some CM parties to reject you regardless. But you're asking for T4, not CMs, so you should be fine.

@Ojimaru.8970 said:Firebrand DPS does fine in T4s, and even CMs. Learn your profession, learn your build, learn your skills, learn the mechanics, and you'll thrive.

Player skill >>> class mechanical power. A badly played elementalist can happily put out a nice, steady 4k a second DPS in fights that absolutely favor them, without having to work very hard to do it. A well played anything can do fine.

Should be fine, haven't played any condi class yet and i always hear they take a while to do actual damage due to condition ramp-up but firebrand/mirage seems pretty bursty judging by arcdps.Seen many power reapers doing 25k+ as well, it's mostly player skill + party comp/boss.

@"BRNBRITO.9624" said:Should be fine, haven't played any condi class yet and i always hear they take a while to do actual damage due to condition ramp-up but firebrand/mirage seems pretty bursty judging by arcdps.

Using grieving, which is currently recommended as the best set for Firebrand, trades condition duration for ferocity, making it a "berzerkey + condition damage" set. That provides a little less power damage than pure berzerker, and less condition damage than a vipers set because they last less long, but it is definitely a way to front-load damage on a hybrid build. That gives burst much more like a regular power build than a condition build.

This would, obviously, work for any build that had condition weapons with a good power multiplier on them. Not so much for, say, necro, with their 0.2 multiplier on the scepter.

FB is really useful but heavily underappreciated because people still do not know what it does. You can easily cover people's asses especially when the healer is struggling or dead, but at the very likely expense of getting accused of "low DPS" because you had to switch to F2 to keep their cardboard asses up. The chance of that happening is greater in CMs where people want someone to blame their wipes and inability to get out of shit on.

[edit] for clarity

@"Soggy Biscuit.9372" said:FB is really useful but heavily underappreciated because people still do not know what it does. You can easily cover people's kitten especially when the healer is struggling or dead, but at the very likely expense of getting accused of "low DPS" because you had to switch to F2 to keep their cardboard kitten up. The chance of that happening is greater in CMs where people want someone to blame their wipes and inability to get out of kitten on.

Honestly, if you need to press F2 on Firebrand to save your group, you're better off finding another group. In part this is why people don't value Firebrands that much in fractals. They shouldn't be needed to intervene like that, ever. That being said, I personally like having one around. Some extra Aegis, maybe some stab, maybe patching up imperfect quickness uptimes from the chrono. A good Firebrand tend to make the run a bit smoother, even though their personal dps will be somewhat lower. But that's fine, we've got plenty of it, and the extra support means I get to worry less about pesky instabilities and focus entirely on my damage output.

Archived