What other classes are really fun like thief?

I have lvled a thief and it's been a blast the mobility, the condition damage everything was fun pve and PvP. Now I would like to try another class just as fun, I know fun is relative but in struggling to find something like Thief or with fun condi dmg I don't know ... Any suggestions?

@Yeldo.4576 said:I have lvled a thief and it's been a blast the mobility, the condition damage everything was fun pve and PvP. Now I would like to try another class just as fun, I know fun is relative but in struggling to find something like Thief or with fun condi dmg I don't know ... Any suggestions?

Try out the mesmer. Both the mesmer and the thief have the highest mobility in the game. The mesmer can be either a power, hybrid or a condition profession.

Mirage (Mesmer) has some great burst potential and works with being on-the-move like thief, and the axe that is part of the elite spec has decent damage, but you'll be going from power to condi in terms of beneficial influence. For power, Elementalist is still a thing (albeit on the lower end), Engineer has a few good spots (holosmith for the burstiness). But personally, I'm maining the mirage.

@Dami.5046 said:none. as soon as you get a nice build and get sorted, someone moans and it gets nerfed.But i'm loving my mesmer and holo, with SB if i feel the need to zerg.

This is why you don't play the meta. When meta builds get nerfed, the non-meta ones get a buff. For example, when the specializations came out and everyone was wining about all the meta builds getting a large nerf, I was laughing my butt off as I got an equally large buff to my favorite non-meta build.

To contribute to the main discussion, that build is still one of my favorites and it is s/d bunker ele. My other one is condi necro, though that one may be meta. If you're interested, I can tell you the full builds.

@Uden Reavstone.3426 said:

@Dami.5046 said:none. as soon as you get a nice build and get sorted, someone moans and it gets nerfed.But i'm loving my mesmer and holo, with SB if i feel the need to zerg.

This is why you don't play the meta. When meta builds get nerfed, the non-meta ones get a buff. For example, when the specializations came out and everyone was wining about all the meta builds getting a large nerf, I was laughing my butt off as I got an equally large buff to my favorite non-meta build.

To contribute to the main discussion, that build is still one of my favorites and it is s/d bunker ele. My other one is condi necro, though that one may be meta. If you're interested, I can tell you the full builds.

Generally I do a bit of both, I started on some meta's to give me some ideas about the classes, knew enough to work out the builds I was using were nerfed before the site removed/changed them, so I use these sites as guides only and experiment with gear and builds.However I am not against playing an ele, at the moment she is D/D, cele, zerker mix( all ascended), so another build will be nice to see.Many thx. :)

@Dami.5046 said:

Generally I do a bit of both, I started on some meta's to give me some ideas about the classes, knew enough to work out the builds I was using were nerfed before the site removed/changed them, so I use these sites as guides only and experiment with gear and builds.However I am not against playing an ele, at the moment she is D/D, cele, zerker mix( all ascended), so another build will be nice to see.Many thx. :)

No problem. So the full build is for the ele is s/d with Signet of Restoration, Armor of Earth, Mist Form, either Lightning Flash or Cleansing Fire, and any elite skill. For traits, I use Earth, Water, and Arcane, though I'm currently testing to see if I can replace Earth with one of the elite specs. For gear, back in the day, before HoT, I used Runes of the Dolyak and full Celestial, but now I'm testing out full Minstrel with Runes of Durability. As for sigils, I make one of them be a Sigil of Energy, and the other can be whatever. It's a slow build, but you can face-tank alot in all game modes, though I don't know how well it completes these days. Back before HoT, a power warrior and I spent an entire match trying to kill each other. It was a stalemate.

@Uden Reavstone.3426 said:

No problem. So the full build is for the ele is s/d with Signet of Restoration, Armor of Earth, Mist Form, either Lightning Flash or Cleansing Fire, and any elite skill. For traits, I use Earth, Water, and Arcane, though I'm currently testing to see if I can replace Earth with one of the elite specs. For gear, back in the day, before HoT, I used Runes of the Dolyak and full Celestial, but now I'm testing out full Minstrel with Runes of Durability. As for sigils, I make one of them be a Sigil of Energy, and the other can be whatever. It's a slow build, but you can face-tank alot in all game modes, though I don't know how well it completes these days. Back before HoT, a power warrior and I spent an entire match trying to kill each other. It was a stalemate.

Many thanks, Minstrel gear does blink at me so I might use some exotics to give it a try. Many thx :)

Archived