What will you do with your Essence of Luck ? when your magic find level full 300

After i played Guild wars 2 for a while i always aim to have 300 magic find levelbecause i hope that i would get more item from it max level , the problem iswhat will you gonna do with "Essence of Luck" after that ?

I try to find information on Gw2 wiki , i do craft them all to exotic trade them for guild hall red lantern <<< which this a problem tooi want to suggest more way to use essence of luck maybe use it for mystic forge 4 stack of themfor an exchange to get magic find booster or use it to craft a lucky potion something like thatmake it more useful it frustrated to see it flood after i salvage lots of item

Trade them for Red lantern guild hall decoration when you gonna trade it you can't selectiona number of item that you want to trade , you have to click confirm every timewhich me make don't want to get rid of it by this way and i think it not a best way to solve this problem

Guild decoration item is also a problem too some item you can double click to consume itwhich will automatically store for guild that you are Rep , i hope you fix it all guild decorationto be like this because it so annoy to go to the guildhall and exchange to store it.If you have any suggestions or ideas feel free to share :D

It's probably still a long way off for me, but my plan at the moment is to convert it to exotic and keep a stack of 250 just in case there's ever another use for it. All the rest I'll either trade for lanterns (didn't realise until now that was an option) or I'll just delete it.

If it ever does get a new use and I need more than 250 I can always get more.

@Danikat.8537 said:It's probably still a long way off for me, but my plan at the moment is to convert it to exotic and keep a stack of 250 just in case there's ever another use for it. All the rest I'll either trade for lanterns (didn't realise until now that was an option) or I'll just delete it.

With open all and salvage all option i'm pretty sure you will get it fastby delete it i felt it kinda waste the item , I want dev to make it more fun more creative way to using it :)

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/245028/#Comment_245028

@StinVec.3621 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:I convert to exotic (500 luck) and store them on an alt, because I can afford the space. If I couldn't, I'd "consume all" (rather than the delete). I don't believe ANet will increase the cap, but if they did, I'd rather have them as part of my account then lost to the ether.

My behavior is identical.

Nearly done filling another mule (4th?) with exotic stacks. I do not believe they will, but if they ever were to add another use for luck in the future then I'd have it. In the meantime, storing them is no issue and the characters are good for prezzies.

Now working on filling a 5th mule with stacks of exotic lucks. :\

If all that would be needed from me to help a guild with getting lanterns is to be a temporary member and then fill their supply of lanterns using my stored exotic lucks, as long as the coin cost (88 copper per) is pre-paid, anyone can have all of my luck that they can use. Of course, extra compensation of some kind for time would be appreciated, but not required.

If any guilds are interested, just message me some time and let me know you want my stored luck and we can work out getting your lanterns stocked. (NA)

@StinVec.3621 said:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/245028/#Comment_245028

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:I convert to exotic (500 luck) and store them on an alt, because I can afford the space. If I couldn't, I'd "consume all" (rather than the delete). I don't believe ANet will increase the cap, but if they did, I'd rather have them as part of my account then lost to the ether.

My behavior is identical.

Nearly done filling another mule (4th?) with exotic stacks. I do not believe they will, but if they ever were to add another use for luck in the future then I'd have it. In the meantime, storing them is no issue and the characters are good for prezzies.

Now working on filling a 5th mule with stacks of exotic lucks. :\

If all that would be needed from me to help a guild with getting lanterns is to be a temporary member and then fill their supply of lanterns using my stored exotic lucks, as long as the coin cost (88 copper per) is pre-paid, anyone can have all of my luck that they can use. Of course, extra compensation of some kind for time would be appreciated, but not required.

If any guilds are interested, just message me some time and let me know you want my stored luck and we can work out getting your lanterns stocked. (NA)

Yeah i think about doing like that to but the way we exchange it you have to click confirm it each one of it because it can put or select a number that we want to trade for.

Thankyou for the link but does the problem solve.....Simply that there's an earlier thread discussing the same topic.

I read it lots of good ideas there , like making a "Gizmo"consumer for itThere's almost no chance of an increase in the cap. 300% MF with temporary boosts allowing 600-1000% MF mean huge benefits to those buying item that are affected by Magic Find, most notably pieces of rare unidentified gear. An eater/Gizmo is also unlikely because ANet doesn't want anyone (especially new players) to have any pressure to max MF (they've said that in so many words before).

I would like it, though, if they would say, "don't save your luck; we have no plans for it" or "do save some; there will be a little bit of use for it eventually."

I don't think a luck eater would be a problem if it worked in the same way as the ones for ascended materials, where what you get out of it is a bag of random items which might have something nice but most likely will be a few blues and greens to sell or salvage. That way you'd be better off using your luck to max out magic find first (especially if it affected the bags from the luck eater). So there wouldn't be any more pressure to get it done than there is now.

@Lii Lightning.6853 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:It's probably still a long way off for me, but my plan at the moment is to convert it to exotic and keep a stack of 250 just in case there's ever another use for it. All the rest I'll either trade for lanterns (didn't realise until now that was an option) or I'll just delete it.

With open all and salvage all option i'm pretty sure you will get it fastby delete it i felt it kinda waste the item , I want dev to make it more fun more creative way to using it :)

I wouldn't count on it. I've been playing since before the introduced Luck and I'm on 181% Magic Find (with an extra 10% from achievement points). It's probably taking me so long because I don't spend much time farming meta-events. I'll play them once to see what it's all about and then again if there's achievements or rewards I want to do and very occasionally if I need more gold quickly I'll do them for that, but I'm not constantly filling and emptying my inventory. I spend most of my time doing the story and map completion (across all maps, not just the ones for world completion).

I played around 5k hours and still not full, what do you do guys? Anyways, just delete it, it's a game and whatever happens with it, it won't be relevant in a couple of years since you will likely play an other game or whatever, you will start anew to increase luck or so. People forget that nothing is for eternity.

Archived