Soo...yeh..returning veteren mesmer — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Soo...yeh..returning veteren mesmer

Hey guys and gals, so i decided to return to gw2 as the updates look great...tbh only stopped as my rig was dying but now its all gray, since i remember this mesmer community being the bomb (shout outs to the OG mesmers)

My question; where the flaming hell do i start? I left off before heart of thorns so i have a fair amount to catch up on, do we still have a viable shatter mesmer and condition build? In addition do i have anything i NEED to get and grind for?

Best Answer

Answers

• phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2, 2018

if you got the PoF start from doing first chapter to get the raptor :)

and yes both power-shatter and condi mirage (elite PoF spec of mesmer) are cursed almost after every match :)

"There is always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."

• Aaah good to hear! Is it the same stat spread and such or has this changed?

• SlippyCheeze.5483SlippyCheeze.5483 Member ✭✭✭✭

@DrixTrix.7168 said:
    Aaah good to hear! Is it the same stat spread and such or has this changed?

For most builds, it is still "full glass cannon" in PvE, and the close variants in PvP modes. metabattle will give the details, but mesmers -- especially mirage -- still use assassins for more crit. Also, the newest LS episodes have brought some interesting 4-stat combinations that, for almost the first time, might start to break out of the boring PvE model -- and +healing in PvP might also be interesting for self-healing traits and skills outside your basic heal.

• RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

mirage is absolute insane in pvp/smallscale wvw, especially condi, have fun ruining everyone elses fun, its way too overtuned

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.