Balance patch when?

Abelisk.4527

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope for the following changes:Engineer; increase cooldown by Holo leap by 2 seconds, make Holo wave LoSable and remove Y axis on it.Nerf to either protection uptime, spectrum shield or frontal block. Not all of them. Remove pull from HLA tool belt, they have enough cc spam already.

Mesmer; increase cooldown on axe 3 by 4 seconds, remove the ability to dodge while stunned and rework EM to remove two conditions. Put a 5 second ICD on Ineptitude. Remove clone from sword ambush. Shave torch burns. Make portal one way only, either put the entrance down first so that the skill can be used to rotate your team and not yourself, or put the entrance down last so that you can disengage from fights along with people close to you. (But not go back through) portal nerf is long overdue. Or make it an elite skill.

Warrior; lower the damage on greatsword and give it to other weapons to promote diversity. Undo rampage change as it's way too spammy now.

Revenant; nerf damage on sword offhand or make them longer cast times. Make them cleanse two condis on legend swap + 1 extra cleanse on staff 4.

Ranger; greatly reduce the boonspam on Soulbeast builds. Reduce base damage on owl, gazelle and smokescale. Move the pet damage to underused weapons to promote diversity.

Elementalist; greatly reduce the evade spam while increasing damage across the board on sword and dagger mainhand. Making the class less frustrating to fight.

Thief; rework swindler's equilibrium into reducing steal cooldown by x seconds when evading an attack. Double steal isn't fun playing against as you need to dodge two untelegraphed skills instead of one. Rework instant reflexes to proc at 25%. See valluns video for Condi thief rework/nerf.

Necromancer; make shades LoSable again and remove cripple from shade auto attacks as they already have an abundance of wide condition application. Rework transfusion to not port the target, the res speed coupled with well is strong enough. Make torch 5 LoSable.

Guardian; increase the cooldown on signet of Mercy. Decrease healing done by staff 4 and staff 2 and move those heals to mace, this will force Firebrands away from sword and in turn lowering mobility. Decrease Condi cleanse / conversion on healing tome.

I only want to see nerfs in this patch, across the board. After PoF specs are brought in line, we can start buffing underused specs such as berserker, dragonhunter, core necros, engineers and so on.

Prediction: Balance patch July 10th

I would expect significant Mirage nerfs and some Revenant buffs but not much else.

I would hope that, in addition to Mirage nerfs, they'll also tone down Spellbreaker/Holo/Thief and buff Tempest, but I doubt they'll even touch any subpar HoT class unless a lot people are complaining about it.

If the only thing they do is adequately nerf Mirage it'll be a pretty decent patch though. Everything else would just be a bonus although I'm concerned about potential revenant overbuffs.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:I hope for the following changes:Engineer; increase cooldown by Holo leap by 2 seconds, make Holo wave LoSable and remove Y axis on it.Nerf to either protection uptime, spectrum shield or frontal block. Not all of them. Remove pull from HLA tool belt, they have enough cc spam already.

Mesmer; increase cooldown on axe 3 by 4 seconds, remove the ability to dodge while stunned and rework EM to remove two conditions. Put a 5 second ICD on Ineptitude. Remove clone from sword ambush. Shave torch burns. Make portal one way only, either put the entrance down first so that the skill can be used to rotate your team and not yourself, or put the entrance down last so that you can disengage from fights along with people close to you. (But not go back through) portal nerf is long overdue. Or make it an elite skill.

Warrior; lower the damage on greatsword and give it to other weapons to promote diversity. Undo rampage change as it's way too spammy now.

Revenant; nerf damage on sword offhand or make them longer cast times. Make them cleanse two condis on legend swap + 1 extra cleanse on staff 4.

Ranger; greatly reduce the boonspam on Soulbeast builds. Reduce base damage on owl, gazelle and smokescale. Move the pet damage to underused weapons to promote diversity.

Elementalist; greatly reduce the evade spam while increasing damage across the board on sword and dagger mainhand. Making the class less frustrating to fight.

Thief; rework swindler's equilibrium into reducing steal cooldown by x seconds when evading an attack. Double steal isn't fun playing against as you need to dodge two untelegraphed skills instead of one. Rework instant reflexes to proc at 25%. See valluns video for Condi thief rework/nerf.

Necromancer; make shades LoSable again and remove cripple from shade auto attacks as they already have an abundance of wide condition application. Rework transfusion to not port the target, the res speed coupled with well is strong enough. Make torch 5 LoSable.

Guardian; increase the cooldown on signet of Mercy. Decrease healing done by staff 4 and staff 2 and move those heals to mace, this will force Firebrands away from sword and in turn lowering mobility. Decrease Condi cleanse / conversion on healing tome.

I only want to see nerfs in this patch, across the board. After PoF specs are brought in line, we can start buffing underused specs such as berserker, dragonhunter, core necros, engineers and so on.

You suggest to nerf sustain on weaver(evades as its only form of sustain) and soulbeast( soulboon build) plus their dmg and overall ability to be a threat to you...then you go on "suggesting" to nerf engi/mesmer etc by adding 2-3s to specific skills while leaving their sustain basically untouched which is hilarious.

To do damage you need the sustain and ability to deliver it effectively, if just damage would be enough then eles would have used zerker staff since day 1 in GW2, if you don't want all professions to be frustrating to fight.....then all your suggestions become automatically invalid.

"This profession is hard to fight against...so nerf their sustain but...increase their dmg..in that way I can kill them easily now so really that extra dmg won't matter in the end, their sustain is gone", that's the general line of thought you normally find in every player's balance thread.

You left out core guardian hammer-strength core war-core s/d and condi thief-chronomancer-reaper and more.... their sustain should be left untouched in your opinion when they already greatly outperform respect to core ele which has been left in the gutter for years now

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:I hope for the following changes:Engineer; increase cooldown by Holo leap by 2 seconds, make Holo wave LoSable and remove Y axis on it.Nerf to either protection uptime, spectrum shield or frontal block. Not all of them. Remove pull from HLA tool belt, they have enough cc spam already.

You suggest to nerf sustain on weaver(evades as its only form of sustain) and soulbeast( soulboon build) plus their dmg and overall ability to be a threat to you...then you go on "suggesting" to nerf engi/mesmer etc by adding 2-3s to specific skills while leaving their sustain basically untouched which is hilarious.

To do damage you need the sustain and ability to deliver it effectively
, if just damage would be enough then eles would have used zerker staff since day 1 in GW2, if you don't want all professions to be frustrating to fight.....then all your suggestions become automatically invalid.

"This profession is hard to fight against...so nerf their sustain but...increase their dmg..in that way I can kill them easily now so really that extra dmg won't matter in the end, their sustain is gone", that's the general line of thought you normally find in every player's balance thread.

You left out
core guardian hammer-strength core war-core s/d and condi thief-chronomancer-reaper and more....
their sustain should be left untouched in your opinion when they already greatly outperform respect to core ele which has been left in the gutter for years now

I agree but in the same time I can't take you opinion seriously since you mentioned chronomancer and reaper and not core ele the only one who left in the gutter how about core necro and engiTheir is other professions you know not just your main ele

So gut Holo? I agree that it needs tune-downs, but leap is one of the only reasons Holo is slightly mobile. Also, the Y-axis on wave increases gameplay intricacy.

Also, Protection uptime is out of tune on one build, not holo overall, so I reject that utility skills should get nerfed because of a few traits. Tune-down the traits, instead.

My suggestions for holo: Make wave a 350 radius skill (keeping Y axis), tune down healing turret burst heal by 10 percent, tune down Holo auto attack damage by 10-15 percent. Reassess after patch.

Not everything needs a giant nerf bat. It's better to tinker and tune specs rather than gut them, although I understand your frustration with PoF specs.

I’ll only add that full counter should become blockable.

1: Tone down condi burst in the game in general. Condi burst on thief and mesmer kills faster than any power build. There is no counter play.2: Nerf mirage: They have way too many escapes, evades,mobility considering the ammount of damage they have.3: Nerf condi thief: The spec is faceroll and spammy and anti-fun. The fact this still exists is a bit of a joke.4: Nerf spellbreaker: Maybe nerf the greatsword damage as they do far too much damage considering how much defense and sustain they have.5: Holosmith needs a bit of balancing, maybe some longer cooldowns on their main burst as they can use it too often and can control a point with scourge like point cover but whilst having better sustain.6: Rev will need to be toned down as if condi burst is nerfed (which it 100% needs to be) then they will be top dogs as no power build can 1v1 them and the only reason people aren't complaining about them right now is they are weak to condi.

@"UfoCoffee.2084" said:1: Tone down condi burst in the game in general. Condi burst on thief and mesmer kills faster than any power build. There is no counter play.2: Nerf mirage: They have way too many escapes, evades,mobility considering the ammount of damage they have.3: Nerf condi thief: The spec is faceroll and spammy and anti-fun. The fact this still exists is a bit of a joke.4: Nerf spellbreaker: Maybe nerf the greatsword damage as they do far too much damage considering how much defense and sustain they have.5: Holosmith needs a bit of balancing, maybe some longer cooldowns on their main burst as they can use it too often and can control a point with scourge like point cover but whilst having better sustain.6: Rev will need to be toned down as if condi burst is nerfed (which it 100% needs to be) then they will be top dogs as no power build can 1v1 them and the only reason people aren't complaining about them right now is they are weak to condi.

If I might comment... Agreed on 1, 2, 3, for sure.

On 4, I don't think nerfing a weapon is the answer, as we could deal with SB strength through its trait line. I think we could reduce some of the boon gain from Spellbreaker grandmaster traits, as well as remove "unblockable" on Full Counter.

On 5, agreed Holo damage/CC needs a slight tune-down, but disagree wholeheartedly that they control the point like a scourge. Holo, depending on the build, is actually fairly squishy. I've proposed in the past a 10% reduction on healing turret, a 10-15% reduction on auto attack and a range reduction on holo wave (CC). I think otherwise it's fairly in-tune with meta, but it should be reassessed thereafter.

On 6, THANK YOU. Rev is so strong in terms of power. It eats other power builds alive, and if Condi is reduced even slightly, Revs will be so relevant, it won't be funny. Not that I don't want them to be relevant, they just shouldn't be the dominating class, just like no other class should be fully dominating (cough Mirage).

Overall nice stuff.

@Gamble.4580 said:

@Elesmira.3782 said:buff reaper to a murder machine once more. its time.

I feel reapers in a good place right now. Its on the correct level of balance. War's rampage needs looking at and mes def abiltys need rework apart from that I would be happy. Oh and posien on thf needs a tad of a nerf.

Thats why you see them once maybe in 5 matches? And maybe once out of 5 times u see them they are a noticeable push to the enemy team. All they need to do is to buff the ability of them to survive a bit more. HP and the life force that deplenishes in 3 seconds is just not freaking enough. Other than that the class has nothing to hold itself together defence wise. And damage wise speaking its nothing worth mentioning too much. They can be effective against only clueless players (or normal ones that know to play the class very well) that will stand in wells and not evade chill to the bone that has 1 hour animation rofl. The class can easily can be replaced by anything else like an uga buga spellbreaker or uga buga mesmer that barks for duels hehe.

@UfoCoffee.2084 said:1: Tone down condi burst in the game in general. Condi burst on thief and mesmer kills faster than any power build. There is no counter play.2: Nerf mirage: They have way too many escapes, evades,mobility considering the ammount of damage they have.3: Nerf condi thief: The spec is faceroll and spammy and anti-fun. The fact this still exists is a bit of a joke.4: Nerf spellbreaker: Maybe nerf the greatsword damage as they do far too much damage considering how much defense and sustain they have.5: Holosmith needs a bit of balancing, maybe some longer cooldowns on their main burst as they can use it too often and can control a point with scourge like point cover but whilst having better sustain.6: Rev will need to be toned down as if condi burst is nerfed (which it 100% needs to be) then they will be top dogs as no power build can 1v1 them and the only reason people aren't complaining about them right now is they are weak to condi.

Good list of suggestions. Condi mesmer and thief are broken now. There is almost no counter play and they are way too forgiving considering the ease of use and damage and escapes they have. Fights vs them are not fun at all.

Spellbreaker full counter still needs ssome attention. Unlike most people I agree on nerfing the warrior's greatsword a bit (but not too much). GS has been dominating the warrior meta for way too long time, probably because it has much better trait synergy than any other weapon in the game (forceful greatsword + might makes it right).In WvWvW / spvp almost every warrior you encounter is using GS. Shield is by far the common offhand and warhorn is the least used. I would also suggest buffing the least used weapons, skills and traits e.g. warrior tactics trait line is weak at the moment. Warrior subforum has good thread on this subject and I have suggested there how to improve tactics.

Holosmith should NOT be nerfed by nerfing core engineer in any way. Core engineer is already one of the weakest core specs in the game. Rather nerf the holosmith CC and damage application.

I also agree that if condi meta goes out, power revenant will probably be overpowered.

This is really well put together man, and all of the points are well thought out. Can we elect you to the balance team?

@Arheundel.6451 said:

, if just damage would be enough then eles would have used zerker staff since day 1 in GW2, if you don't want all professions to be frustrating to fight.....then all your suggestions become automatically invalid.

You left out
core guardian hammer-strength core war-core s/d and condi thief-chronomancer-reaper and more....
their sustain should be left untouched in your opinion when they already greatly outperform respect to core ele which has been left in the gutter for years now

I didn't leave out core thief and Condi thief. I did leave out hammer guard however as it isn't the best at anything.Core guard has a lot of damage in a burst, but that's all it does. It's also very telegraphed. Core warrior is strong and the nerf to greatsword will hit them too. So I didn't leave them out.I didn't specifically mention core ele, but if you read the last paragraph I stated that I only want nerfs and that we can buff underused specs on the future. Core ele included.

As for Weaver, there's currently no counterplay to the evade spam. Give them more heal, or barrier instead of the godly amount of evade frames the currently have.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

You left out

I didn't leave out core thief and Condi thief. I did leave out hammer guard however as it isn't the best at anything.Core guard has a lot of damage in a burst, but that's all it does. It's also very telegraphed. Core warrior is strong and the nerf to greatsword will hit them too. So I didn't leave them out.I didn't specifically mention core ele, but if you read the last paragraph I stated that I only want nerfs and that we can buff underused specs on the future. Core ele included.

As for Weaver, there's currently no counterplay to the evade spam. Give them more heal, or barrier instead of the godly amount of evade frames the currently have.

There is no apparent counterplay to weaver sword evades...but there is instead to the teleport of guardians...well seen as during AT you see the latter and not the first it's safe to assume that you're lying to yourself and others, core guard burst is listed as great..sword weaver is not listed at all.

How can there be no counterplay...if there are no eles in AT , not a single ele since a year ago?...So powerful and yet nowhere to be seen and luckily anet uses numbers to see what currently imbalanced , if we look the numbers here...your claims hold no ground

P.S where are these eles with no counterplay?

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

You left out

There is no apparent counterplay to weaver sword evades...but there is instead to the teleport of guardians...well seen as during AT you see the latter and not the first it's safe to assume that you're lying to yourself and others, core guard burst is listed as great..sword weaver is not listed at all.

How can there be no counterplay...if there are
no eles in AT , not a single ele since a year ago
?...So powerful and yet nowhere to be seen and luckily anet uses numbers to see what currently imbalanced , if we look the numbers here...
your claims hold no ground

P.S where are these eles with no counterplay?

If you would stop being so biased and actually start reading what I'm writing instead of putting words in my mouth we might be able to hold a discussion.I didn't say eles didn't have counterplay, I said evade spam doesn't. I'm in favor of giving eles damage, heals or barrier in order to make them able to actually win 1v1s instead of just stalling them.

As of this patch, hitting an ele with a burst is just luck as they have 2 evades on skills as well as dodge roll bring part of the rotation. I don't see why you would send the current irritation of Weaver as it had no favorable matchups vs any of the other sidenode monkey builds out there.

@Egorum.9506 said:

Yes, all classes can selfbuff but soulbeast build must be nerfed , so, what about nerf rev,ele,Holo,Sb,chrono,Fb boonspan ?, last time they nerfed Druid Heal but left untouched all other healing spec in the game, now people want to destroy the unique pets that have some kind of utility in sPvp, Sb isnt even in the meta, with that kind of change you could as well delete it from game.

Archived