Some little things about E4 and other thoughts

Jaken.6801

Here are some little observations that I didn't see anyone comment on:

• As you approach Joko he says: "Maybe it's time to finaly use that crystal" , I saw no crystal in the fight, nor on Joko.
  • There are very big "livers" (?) inside the tubes where we fight. While we have seen big enemies, these look like the size of a Lupicus.
  • What's up with all the tar? It's even running over Joko himself. Did we ever get an explanation of why there is Tar everywhere in his kingdom?

@"Jaken.6801" said:Here are some little observations that I didn't see anyone comment on:

• As you approach Joko he says: "Maybe it's time to finaly use that crystal" , I saw no crystal in the fight, nor on Joko.
  • There are very big "livers" (?) inside the tubes where we fight. While we have seen big enemies, these look like the size of a Lupicus.
  • What's up with all the tar? It's even running over Joko himself. Did we ever get an explanation of why there is Tar everywhere in his kingdom?

I believe tar was used in the mummy wrappings and mummification process. Don’t know the specifics, but that’s probably the reason, most of the awakened have tar or use some tar like attacks

The "crystal" is just an idiom of the English language. "Breaking out the crystal" is akin in meaning to: "it's nice to have a guest that is really worth preparing for". Which makes sense because of all the devious traps and stuff he set up for us.

@"aceofbass.2163" said:"Cristal" is the brand of an expensive champagne and is served to guests on a special occassion. This is where the english idiom comes from and Joko referred to.

Well, almost, the term Crystal referring to your good glass comes from the term Crystal Glass (german:"Kristallglas"), which used to be a high value glass used by manufacturers such as Swarovski, for its beautiful refraction. Safety concerns due to the high lead content have caused other, leadless variants to pop up, but the name is still associated with quality glassware.As for the champagne, is a rather exclusive item, you bring out your exclusive glassware to go with it. Along with your fine dress, your best mannerisms and generally only for a special occasion.

So Joko planned the events in Episode 3. He claims to be seeking the thrill of an even fight, since being stomped by Balthazar is not quite the same. The question is: Did he anticipate his demise? The entire third act had a Bioshock vibe to it. We go through the leftovers of Joko's realm, his generals fall*, we find the torture chambers and other highly disturbing stuff. More so than usual.I guess he wanted to return to his banishment statue, as he could no longer control the situation. To him it would be more convenient to spend some time out, while he can later blame the heroes for everything that went wrong, centuries after the heroes saved the world. Or he wanted out before the world goes down in a cataclysmic event.

*On an unrelated note: My respects to the late General Oluwa Eranko. Fighting a victorious battle against a god of war is certainly one of the greatest achievements a general could hope for. I was shocked by how petty Joko reacted to her death.

@Castigator.3470 said:

@"aceofbass.2163" said:"Cristal" is the brand of an expensive champagne and is served to guests on a special occassion. This is where the english idiom comes from and Joko referred to.

Well, almost, the term Crystal referring to your good glass comes from the term
(german:"Kristallglas"), which used to be a high value glass used by manufacturers such as
, for its beautiful refraction. Safety concerns due to the high lead content have caused other, leadless variants to pop up, but the name is still associated with quality glassware.As for the champagne, is a rather exclusive item, you bring out your exclusive glassware to go with it. Along with your fine dress, your best mannerisms and generally only for a special occasion.

So Joko planned the events in Episode 3. He claims to be seeking the thrill of an even fight, since being stomped by Balthazar is not quite the same. The question is: Did he anticipate his demise? The entire third act had a Bioshock vibe to it. We go through the leftovers of Joko's realm, his generals fall*, we find the torture chambers and other highly disturbing stuff. More so than usual.I guess he wanted to return to his banishment statue, as he could no longer control the situation. To him it would be more convenient to spend some time out, while he can later blame the heroes for everything that went wrong, centuries after the heroes saved the world. Or he wanted out before the world goes down in a cataclysmic event.

*On an unrelated note: My respects to the late General Oluwa Eranko. Fighting a victorious battle against a god of war is certainly one of the greatest achievements a general could hope for. I was shocked by how petty Joko reacted to her death.

He certainly didnt plan to die or have a time out. Sure he lured the commander in, but out of arrogance and utter self belief he could never lose. Typical of his type of villain.

In this case it definitely refers to the the crystal glasses which are considered more prestigious and used on special occasions - rather like "break out the fine china". It's used as an indication that either the guests you are hosting are very important/distinguished and deserve your best tableware or it's a special occasion which warrants the use of the highest quality glasses.

@Randulf.7614 said:

(german:"Kristallglas"), which used to be a high value glass used by manufacturers such as
, for its beautiful refraction. Safety concerns due to the high lead content have caused other, leadless variants to pop up, but the name is still associated with quality glassware.As for the champagne, is a rather exclusive item, you bring out your exclusive glassware to go with it. Along with your fine dress, your best mannerisms and generally only for a special occasion.

He certainly didnt plan to die or have a time out. Sure he lured the commander in, but out of arrogance and utter self belief he could never lose. Typical of his type of villain.

Couple things that he didn’t account for in his grand plan. The ghosts and Aurene.

@Tyson.5160 said:

Couple things that he didn’t account for in his grand plan. The ghosts and Aurene.

And that as well

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:Couple things that he didn’t account for in his grand plan. The ghosts and Aurene.

Strange, since he definitely knew a dragon was in play since the first story instance.

True that being said maybe he couldn’t alter his plan much.

Wasn't he working with a guy whose mission was to destroy the big crystal dragon? And didn't he have it and its minions right on his doorstep for a very long time?

You would think he would have gotten some ideas or technology for sorting out a little one, or at least neutralizing the threat it posed. Eh, oh well.

Archived