Roller Beetle Idea (Drifting Endurance)

Just an idea i thought i'd throw out there. What if doing tricks gave the most endurance, but drifting also gave endurance as well? I personally think the boost recharge is a little long and not many hills to ramp up off to really get the endurance. Maybe when jumping as well when boosted makes your jump higher so you can do tricks longer.

Yeah, i definitely believe that we need more endurance regen... I've suggested drifting in another thread, but also, they could spread out more of those volatile crystals (maybe change their nature to adapt to different areas of the world map), and also allow us to collect some endurance from those.I actually thought that would be their use when i first saw those crystals in the trailer.

Currently we spend our time looking for jumps to gain air to regain endurance, and ensuring we have enough speed and boost in the pocket to make that air-time as long as possible. There's a momentum that rewards skilled riding.

Drifting would provide a way of gaining endurance over flatter areas, which would open up more maps / areas to become race courses. We'd be able to add large turns/drifting areas as places to regain endurance, allowing us to sling-shot out, boost, ramp, air-time, regain endurance...

...yeah, it'd certainly keep the pace.

We have lots of great courses popping up without out, so we don't need it. But it'd be an interesting boost, one that would only really influence those racing.

I got the idea from Mario kart. You drift to maintain speed. But here i dont know if they want to steal ideas.. but it would certainly make riding the beetle more fluid if you could maintain speed and gain endurance for another boost.. Maybe make it a Mastery so it feels like you've achieved a higher level of Beetle mastery.

@Sazukikrah.5036 said:I got the idea from Mario kart. You drift to maintain speed. But here i dont know if they want to steal ideas.. but it would certainly make riding the beetle more fluid if you could maintain speed and gain endurance for another boost.. Maybe make it a Mastery so it feels like you've achieved a higher level of Beetle mastery.

Don't forget that the original Roller Beetle Racing on Shing Jea Island in GW1:Factions was stylistically inspired by Mario Kart (and that one activity where you run around jumping and collecting crystals is clearly inspired by it as well).

But of course Petey's drift isn't, as such, a speed management tool so much as it's a direction management tool.

Archived