Corruptor's Fervor + Deadly Strength: Should They Synergize?

KROW.2673

Currently, Corruptor's Fervor does not synergize with Deadly Strength, and I bring this up because it's one of the key issues with Death Magic (in my opinion I know others will digress but I don't see Death Magic as a 'minion-only' Trait line ok?). Deadly Strength converts 7% of your Toughness into Power (14% in Shroud), while Corruptor's Fervor grants up to 10 stacks of 30 Toughness and -2% Incoming Condi Damage. That's an additional 300 Toughness not getting Converted. Mathematically speaking:

Without Stacks Converted (Base Toughness of 1000):7% - 7014% - 165.2

Stacks Converted (Base Toughness of 1000)7% - 9114% - 207.2

Clearly there's a big, yet not super significant, difference and I fail to see why said Stacks don't add to the conversion already. It makes for a nice burst mechanic without going insanely over the top. I don't know, I just feel like this should've been a staple mechanic from the start. I personally love converting my defenses into offense, but right now Unholy Sanctuary just makes more sense for how I'm playing than Corruptor's Fervor. On a side note, I am aware of the Minion Trait that grants you additional Toughness per Minion currently summoned. I hate how Minions function at the moment and also am not a fan of their aesthetics, so I run Shrouded Removal instead (which isn't half bad in my book).

So what are your thoughts? Should the Stacks add to the Conversion, or would that be too strong? As always a quick disclaimer: I do not PvP, I despise it, I strictly PvE so anything to do with other modes isn't a concern considering it's not hard to lock a specific feature to a specific mode.

Its because its a buff thus its not converted. its the same if you used the old furious stones and any food. I assume it also doesn't work with other toughness buffs like the guardian valor trait. Also it follows the behavior of other traits and stuff which do one conversion to another, so I assume its working as intended.

I mean, yeah it's working as intended I never refuted that. I was asking if there should be a change to allow the Stacks to Convert or not. Personally it would be nice, and logical for many classes I'd assume, but at the same time I can understand any opposition as well.

Archived